Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It's the camera they should be taking out, not the disk drive

Honestly, the voice control of the is really cool. The personalised login via camera and voice is a nice touch. Because it's there devs can use it if they want (battlefield leaning around the corner, dr3 alerting the zombie horde), if they don't they can ignore it.

It's better if everyone has it - removes splintering of the SKUs like on 360 (HDD vs no HDD, Kinect vs no kinect).

Removing BD drive won't splinter the hardware. Removing Kinect does, so probably won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Skype and Upload Studio are two of my favourite things about the Xbox One. I'm absolutely loving the console.

NBA2K14 has it's problems with lag and servers, but these don't affect the MyPlayer mode, which is the reason I play the game. Decided to test out the Upload Studio feature and mess around with a highlight video of some clips I took from playing MyPlayer, ended up with this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DaLad wrote: »
    I REALLLLLLY like the look of this and the potential it carries!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance unveiled - open world medieval sword fighter for Xbox One

Some news on this here http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17194-Kingdom-Come--Deliverance-To-Be-Distributed-Digitally-on-Xbox-One.html

They smashed their target of 300k with 21 days to go, they are currently at over 500k, Xbox One version confirmed by Microsoft. So things are looking good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

calex71 wrote: »
    Some news on this here http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17194-Kingdom-Come--Deliverance-To-Be-Distributed-Digitally-on-Xbox-One.html

They smashed their target of 300k with 21 days to go, they are currently at over 500k, Xbox One version confirmed by Microsoft. So things are looking good for them.

Looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looks amazing

Having to sharpen your sword and manually mix powders and potions sounds like exactly the kind of thing I have no interest in doing in a game, having to actually perform these mundane tasks holds no interest for me, and puts me off this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Having to sharpen your sword and manually mix powders and potions sounds like exactly the kind of thing I have no interest in doing in a game, having to actually perform these mundane tasks holds no interest for me, and puts me off this.

I'd imagine it's simplified down to the bare bones of the act, you're hardly boiling water over an open fire for a half hour and mixing in plants etc to make potions. It'll be about as in depth as making potions was in Oblivion, where you just combine items.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd imagine it's simplified down to the bare bones of the act, you're hardly boiling water over an open fire for a half hour and mixing in plants etc to make potions. It'll be about as in depth as making potions was in Oblivion, where you just combine items.

For me, that's right up there with why even bother?:confused:

Different strokes though, and I'm glad that there are games being made for everyones tastes, I've no doubt something epic will come out for me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hey folks just posted this over in Bargain Alerts but I thought I would post it here too, videogamesplus.ca have dropped the price on a bunch of their launch titles down to €30.24 so might be worth a look if you want to pick up one of the following...

Assassin's Creed IV
    Battlefield 4
    Fifa 14
    Forza 5
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA2K14
    Need for Speed

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=xbsj3114&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0&inc_subcat=1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does anyone else find their controllers seem to get dirty very easily? Seems as if I have a fair bit of grime sticking on the triggers and on the thumbstick. And it's not that I have dirty hands :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hey folks just posted this over in Bargain Alerts but I thought I would post it here too, videogamesplus.ca have dropped the price on a bunch of their launch titles down to €30.24 so might be worth a look if you want to pick up one of the following...

Assassin's Creed IV
    Battlefield 4
    Fifa 14
    Forza 5
    Madden NFL 25
    NBA2K14
    Need for Speed

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=xbsj3114&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0&inc_subcat=1

So just over a week for delivery you say? Just sold my disc version of BF4 was going to get digital version on US market for €46 or so but €34 for disc version is very tempting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DaLad wrote: »
    So just over a week for delivery you say? Just sold my disc version of BF4 was going to get digital version on US market for €46 or so but €34 for disc version is very tempting!
    Shipping costs and possible taxes will bring the price up from €34, I am not sure how much they charge for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shipping costs and possible taxes will bring the price up from €34, I am not sure how much they charge they shipping.

€5 per item and no taxes, never took them longer than 7-9 days to deliver and I have used them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Shipping costs and possible taxes will bring the price up from €34, I am not sure how much they charge for shipping.

They're €31 before shipping. I entered my address and went to checkout and converted price, works out about €34.50 or so

Rrrrgh.... Must. Resist. Urge to buy assassin's creed. I know I'll never finish it with titanfall around the corner....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone doing any digital deals?

Xenji wrote: »
    €5 per item and no taxes, never took them longer than 7-9 days to deliver and I have used them a lot.

Yes the order I placed yesterday was 7.49 canadian , when I checked on xe.com it worked out at 4.95 thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes the order I placed yesterday was 7.49 canadian , when I checked on xe.com it worked out at 4.95 thereabouts.

Just ordered and Need For Speed (it's not worth paying full price for it here) and total came to just under €35 by my calculations (CAN$52.5).

Great value and worth waiting a week for!

Thanks for the heads-up jimbob_jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tomb Raider works out a €47.76 delivered from gameseek http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesr6cpgskt6x/Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Edition. That includes a £4.99 delivery charge.
    Use code AMGS14 when you log in. Not sure if parcel motel will work as billing has to match shipping they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tomb Raider works out a €47.76 delivered from gameseek http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesr6cpgskt6x/Tomb-Raider-Definitive-Edition. That includes a £4.99 delivery charge.
    Use code AMGS14 when you log in. Not sure if parcel motel will work as billing has to match shipping they say.

Works out about €44 on VGP as well, including delivery.

This service might be handy for someone who wants to use their existing headset with the xbox one

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xbox-One-Headset-Mic-Modification-Adaptor-Service-Best-On-eBay-/281256547201?pt=UK_Video_Games_Headsets&hash=item417c325381

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

;)

Got it done a couple weeks ago myself. Hot glue to keep the outer cover in place

QyFnUsx.jpg?1

I have a feeling these will actually be better than what ever MS issues :D

Just got an order being processed email from videogames plus, only just struck me now that if you are pre-ordering a game the fact that games get released on a tuesday over there and a friday here pretty much negates 3 or 4 days from the delivery times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Appears Loco Cycle is down to €9.99, hrmm guess I could get it from the US marketplace as its down to $9.99 on there too so it would be a tiny bit cheaper. Would it be worth it at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wexdevil wrote: »
    Appears Loco Cycle is down to €9.99, hrmm guess I could get it from the US marketplace as its down to $9.99 on there too so it would be a tiny bit cheaper. Would it be worth it at that price?

From every review I read - it wouldn't be worth the bandwidth if it was free with 'Games with Gold'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Is anyone else starting to get seriously long delays when opening basic things like party invites or friends list , in talking like waiting over 30 seconds on some occasions for it to open up

miju wrote: »
    Is anyone else starting to get seriously long delays when opening basic things like party invites or friends list , in talking like waiting over 30 seconds on some occasions for it to open up

yup,

I actually thought it was an internet connectivity thing, there's serious slowdown when I go joining a party, it takes 10 -15 seconds to turn on party chat, can take upwards of 30 seconds to open the friends list. Also, when I log on and go to see if any parties are already ongoing, 90% of the time it says there are none, but when I boot up battlefield, I can see people from my friends list playing, and I then have to go back out and check for parties again. Its also stupid that when you say "snap party" when you're not in a party, it creates one for you all on your own, rather than bringing up a list of friends in parties. The dashboard update that's coming had better sort a lot of these pain in the hole issues.

and god forbid, don't press y when looking at the scoreboard in BF4.

and god forbid, don't press y when looking at the scoreboard in BF4.

= insta dashboard. ive a very bad habit of looking up laggy players gamer cards which means i dashboard alot since last patch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

miju wrote: »
    = insta dashboard. ive a very bad habit of looking up laggy players gamer cards which means i dashboard alot since last patch
    A quick question, just in case I have my Xbox set up incorrectly: Does the Xbox One download updates for Games in the background (e.g. at night, etc.), but not install them automatically?

Reason for Asking:
    I've just noticed this recently when I started FIFA, CoD, Kinect Sports, or the BluRay player that I'm prompted that "xxxx needs an update" and it installs the update. OK, it seems the file is already downloaded because it jumps to 95%-97% approx. and then takes a few mins to install.

I would have presumed that the Auto-Download option for Updates would have been similar to iOS 7 / Windows 8.1 that the updates are downloaded and installed silently.

• Advertisement

I would have presumed that the Auto-Download option for Updates would have been similar to iOS 7 / Windows 8.1 that the updates are downloaded and installed silently.

Yes it downloads them automatically. The reason I think which has been offered by Microsoft (and I think it's a valid one).

If you don't see an update being applied then you may not notice it, which may make you think you've not received the update (suppose we're talking yanks here) which will frustrate gamers / lead to increase in support calls / tickets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement