Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been answered but since the game is out on the 11th March in the Us and 14th in the Uk is anyone swapping their regions on the xbox one to buy the game early or is this risking a ban?

I knew people have done it to buy games cheaper but just curious!!
    A high profile game like that? Wouldn't suggest it. I think there's precedent for high profile games and MS policy being...

http://bit.ly/1jiddzO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Not sure if it has been answered but since the game is out on the 11th March in the Us and 14th in the Uk is anyone swapping their regions on the xbox one to buy the game early or is this risking a ban?

I knew people have done it to buy games cheaper but just curious!!

I might give that a go if I can get MS to accept my payment option. Tried before and it wouldn't validate my payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Pushtrak wrote: »
    A high profile game like that? Wouldn't suggest it. I think there's precedent for high profile games and MS policy being...

http://bit.ly/1jiddzO

Didn't break early release but I have purchased full games from US store without any problems (so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

DaLad wrote: »
    Didn't break early release but I have purchased full games from US store without any problems (so far)

Id still be tempted to try.....:confused:

Id still be tempted to try.....:confused:
    Well, here's the question. Would they ban the console or the tag? If you think it'd be the tag, then create a new one, order from that, sorted. It's a gamble though. If they ban the console, er, yeah...

Edit: I'd obviously just wait were I you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Well, here's the question. Would they ban the console or the tag? If you think it'd be the tag, then create a new one, order from that, sorted. It's a gamble though. If they ban the console, er, yeah...

Edit: I'd obviously just wait were I you.

The funny thing is I've a new born only 3 weeks old so with work, the Wife and kid I'm only kidding myself if I get more than 5 mins on the game lol so better off waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Titanfall has been pushed back on 360. A way to try and sell more Xbox Ones or genuine bug fixes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Keno wrote: »
    Titanfall has been pushed back on 360. A way to try and sell more Xbox Ones or genuine bug fixes?

A different developer is making the 360 version and they are running late trying to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

A different developer is making the 360 version and they are running late trying to finish it.

Better late than Battlefield 4, eh? :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Better late than Battlefield 4, eh? :-)

otherwise know as properly developing and releasing a game :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Keno wrote: »

Most likely both

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That was EA putting the gun to DICE's head in fairness, do it or else type of thing and what a mess that was and still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D96BMV8
    amazon just updated the pages for their turtle beach headsets, ready for shipping on march 7th, just in time for titanfall

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Think ill wait for the Astros my last turtle beaches left cup failed after like 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

My Xbox One isn't ejecting game disc tried sticking a clip in the side with no joy , Any advice or is it f---ed ? :(

McLoughlin wrote: »
    My Xbox One isn't ejecting game disc tried sticking a clip in the side with no joy , Any advice or is it f---ed ? :(
    Maybe try a console reset. Is there any sound at all when you press eject?

I'd get in contact with Microsoft to arrange a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, did a search but couldn't find the answer. In Power Settings, does Instant On work in Ireland? I can't turn my Xbox on with the controller when I have it set to Instant On, only way I can turn it on is by hitting the button on the console itself. My language and location are set to the UK, so I can us kinect voice controls to turn the xbox off, etc, but I can't turn it on with my voice.

I tried Xbox online support, spent an hour going through troubleshooting and in the end I was told it wasn't available in my location. I just want to check here if that is the case. Thanks in advance!

Nothing about a date, sadly, but an interview with Swery about D4.

www.totalxbox.com/70936/features/deadly-fun-swery-talks-d4-xbox-one-and-succeeding-in-the-west/

04KY wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question, did a search but couldn't find the answer. In Power Settings, does Instant On work in Ireland? I can't turn my Xbox on with the controller when I have it set to Instant On, only way I can turn it on is by hitting the button on the console itself. My language and location are set to the UK, so I can us kinect voice controls to turn the xbox off, etc, but I can't turn it on with my voice.

I tried Xbox online support, spent an hour going through troubleshooting and in the end I was told it wasn't available in my location. I just want to check here if that is the case. Thanks in advance!

Mine can be like that as well, sometimes it doesn't work at all, other times I have to sort of bark 'xbox!' Pause a beat and then say 'on' it's the same for 'record that' if there is ambient noise in the room it can affect it as well.

Mine can be like that as well, sometimes it doesn't work at all, other times I have to sort of bark 'xbox!' Pause a beat and then say 'on' it's the same for 'record that' if there is ambient noise in the room it can affect it as well.

No matter how I say it the xbox won't come on. So will yours turn on using the controller? I think I just have a dodgy console.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

what about "Xbox turn on " ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ive been noticing that kinect picks up voices from games but doesn't actually regigester a commend because they haven't said any.

at the moment i'm working my way through tomb raider and i see the little red mic on the top when someone is talking.

i wonder what would happen if a character was to say a commend would kinect recognize it

No matter how I say it the xbox won't come on. So will yours turn on using the controller? I think I just have a dodgy console.

It turns on with the controller no problem.

Hi guys,

Okay, 2 issues here.

1. The console will not turn on from the controller. I have heard about this happening. I recommend resycing/pairing your controller with the Xbox One. Here's the how to http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

2. You cannot power on the xbox using voice command. I am guessing you plug out your console when you finish using it. This ends the low power state that keeps the Kinect listening for the command 'Xbox, On' .

Try this. Plug in your xbox and power it on. Once it boots up say "Xbox, turn off" or power off manually. Once the console is off and still plugged in it should always respond to 'Xbox, On'.

Give it a try.
    BTW, there is an operating system update coming out this Tuesday. If the above doesn't work, the update might help.

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried re-syning the controller etc and still doesn't work. The console is never plugged out so Instant On should work. I'll wait for the software update but if that's no good I'm going to contact Microsoft again. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

XBOX DIGITAL GAMES 45 euro... coming soon on https://www.gamepointsnow.com/xbox-live

Titanfall for 45!

xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lamposts wrote: »
    XBOX DIGITAL GAMES 45 euro... coming soon on https://www.gamepointsnow.com/xbox-live

Titanfall for 45!

xxxxx

See this is what I don't get , these guys can sell at 45 and make money.... why else would they do it, but MS charge crazy money as a 1st party so what is the bottom line cost price of a game???? MS obviously have a massive mark up and likely gamespoints are only making a small part of that so what they would get 2 or 3 quid? or are they getting a bigger bite of that pie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

calex71 wrote: »
    See this is what I don't get , these guys can sell at 45 and make money.... why else would they do it, but MS charge crazy money as a 1st party so what is the bottom line cost price of a game???? MS obviously have a massive mark up and likely gamespoints are only making a small part of that so what they would get 2 or 3 quid? or are they getting a bigger bite of that pie?

75 euro for most games on the marketplace. It's an absolute piss take if you ask me. I'll be picking up Titan Fall and maybe Thief off that list. I don't see what all the hype is with Titan Fall though. I'm just getting it because the gaming world is jizzing over it. :o

• Advertisement

GAH!,

i got a gamestop voucher for xmas and converted it to xbox live credit at the weekend.

its going to take a long time to spend that €75....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement