Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Does anyone know what time the system update goes live? I'm curious as to what else has been patched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does anyone know what time the system update goes live? I'm curious as to what else has been patched.

Likely at lunch time, though sometimes they stagger the push of updates over a few days by region.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Same here. Anybody get it yet ? I know it's a manual update

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Okay, 2 issues here.

1. The console will not turn on from the controller. I have heard about this happening. I recommend resycing/pairing your controller with the Xbox One. Here's the how to http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller

2. You cannot power on the xbox using voice command. I am guessing you plug out your console when you finish using it. This ends the low power state that keeps the Kinect listening for the command 'Xbox, On' .

Try this. Plug in your xbox and power it on. Once it boots up say "Xbox, turn off" or power off manually. Once the console is off and still plugged in it should always respond to 'Xbox, On'.

Give it a try.
    BTW, there is an operating system update coming out this Tuesday. If the above doesn't work, the update might help.

Just to note, the xbox on command isn't available in all locales. It only works when your locale is set to US, Canada, UK, France or Germany. It also only works if the console is set to instant on, as mentioned.

Usually midnight PST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

Hi Lads,

Just wondering what the cheapest place is too buy a play and charge kit for the xb1?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Stop waiting:

FYI: The February #XboxOne System Update will ship this week, but not today. The team is working on finalizing. More details when I get them

From Major Nelson.

Xbox, turn off.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

damn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I have to say I'm slowly losing confidence in Microsoft in how they support their products.

It's already behind the PS4 in features IMO and they delay yet again after making a big hoo haa about it in the first place.

Better the update comes fully working than broken but still

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

miju wrote: »
    I have to say I'm slowly losing confidence in Microsoft in how they support their products.

It's already behind the PS4 in features IMO and they delay yet again after making a big hoo haa about it in the first place.

I've worked as both a software tester and a developer, and sometimes a problem comes up at the last minute regardless of your best intentions, or the quality of your work.

It's not to excuse them or anything, I'd prefer if the updates came thick and fast, but some things just can't be rushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

More details about the March update.
    Get to your friends list faster.
    The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.

Party chat will be turned on by default.
    When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.

Chat with friends playing different games.
    Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.

We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward.
    Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.

We’re adding “Recent Players.”
    This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.

Gas, they are giving back old features lol.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-multiplayer-update

CatInABox wrote: »
    I've worked as both a software tester and a developer, and sometimes a problem comes up at the last minute regardless of your best intentions, or the quality of your work.

Have worked in software and web dev sphere too for a long time so I completely understand this. However, when your a company the size of Microsoft with ridiculous resources that excuse doesnt really wash with me.

But like I said I do agree better a working update than a broken one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone know how that will work with Astro A40s????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone know how that will work with Astro A40s????

Plug the 2.5mm jack in to the bottom like you did on the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah, I'd be firmly in the better have the patch working, than a €500 paperweight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm assuming the adaptors will be of no use with headsets like some TB and Triton ones that have a USB and Phono connection needed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like my tritton warheads won't get any support now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Looks like my tritton warheads won't get any support now

Either will my Aer Lingus headphones. God damn you Microsoft!

• Advertisement

VeVeX wrote: »
    Either will my Aer Lingus headphones. God damn you Microsoft!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

I have titanfall preordered with GS already .. is it worth cancelling that and getting it on gamepointsnow.com ?? are they legit ? has anyone used them already?

podgemk wrote: »
    I have titanfall preordered with GS already .. is it worth cancelling that and getting it on gamepointsnow.com ?? are they legit ? has anyone used them already?
    They are legit. I ordered a download code of Forza 5 from them at launch for €42. It worked out great.

It seems they have recently expanded the Xbox One section to include many game codes which are listed as "Out of stock". However when you read the fine print they say they are working on a deal with Microsoft suppliers in order to sell these digital codes for every game. So it looks like the deal isn't set in stone just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

They are legit. I ordered a download code of Forza 5 from them at launch for €42. It worked out great.

It seems they have recently expanded the Xbox One section to include many game codes which are listed as "Out of stock". However when you read the fine print they say they are working on a deal with Microsoft suppliers in order to sell these digital codes for every game. So it looks like the deal isn't set in stone just yet.

is this microsofts way of moving us towards digital downoads?
    They cant be seen to undercut the bricks and mortar stores with the xbox live marketplace, so this could be a way of circumventing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Has any one else gotten xbox one games besides fifa and forza off them?

is this microsofts way of moving us towards digital downoads?
    They cant be seen to undercut the bricks and mortar stores with the xbox live marketplace, so this could be a way of circumventing it?

Well, these are going to be in retail stores as well, so while I'd doubt that retail stores will offer these cheaper. The online only stores will probably offer them cheaper as they don't have to deal with stock issues.

I've gone all digital this generation, so this suits me entirely.

You're close to it, and is probably a side benefit. If it was the main reason, they could just have a pop up to tell you that it is installed.

The main reason is to do with the fact that it is possible to turn the Xbox One off at the switch.

Consider this scenario: You are at home, watching TV, while unbeknownst to you, the Xbox One has downloaded a 13 GB patch. It starts installing, but due to its size, it takes up to ten minutes. Meanwhile, you finish watching TV, and decide to turn off all your electronics at the switch. Your Xbox One is now a brick.

It's possible to auto-update on a phone because there's a built in battery. I feel that they've made the right call in terms of what it does automatically.

Just as an update to what I previously wrote here, the next update due this week is apparently the last to require manual input before it installs.

From what I read, seems like Microsoft has made the install process more robust, so the concerns above have been addressed.

Looks like the install process was quite basic in it's original form, another victim of having to change the entire OS before release.

Just as an update to what I previously wrote here, the next update due this week is apparently the last to require manual input before it installs.

From what I read, seems like Microsoft has made the install process more robust, so the concerns above have been addressed.

Looks like the install process was quite basic in it's original form, another victim of having to change the entire OS before release.

Updates don't require manual input though, not if you are using instant on.

• Advertisement

Updates don't require manual input though, not if you are using instant on.

You're right, which is weird. I've had the Xbox One set to instant on from the start, and it installed the update when I turned on the Xbox, not over night.

Judging from what other people have said and asked in here, it seems like I'm not the only one that has had this.

I don't know anymore...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement