Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Just to add about the updates thing, when you start a game and it says update needed, and it jumps to 98 per cent . the update is not all downloaded already on the xbox ready to install, I know this cos I ran my xbox thru my laptop and looked to see what was happening,it still downloads lots of data at this stage. Most of it by the looks of it.

Next time a game says it needs an update, do it thru your laptop/Pc and have a look yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Registration for the titanfall beta is open apply here http://www.titanfall.com/beta/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Titanfall Beta Trailer, new in game footage in it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was the system update released after yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

don't think so..didn't MS say it wasn't out Tuesday but definitely this week?
    Yep..apparently they found a bug or two and delayed it a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    don't think so..didn't MS say it wasn't out Tuesday but definitely this week?
    Yep..apparently they found a bug or two and delayed it a few days.

Thanks. Just haven't had a chance to get to play in a few days,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

So My major Gripe with the One has been the fact that it was billed as the home entertainment system to have and not just a games console and they have failed miserably with the lack of being able to my one from my nas running plex.
    So I have managed to get a cost effective workaround I bought a nowTV http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057001096 box sideloaded with the plex app and have it plugged into the hdmi in port on the one.
    It was working perfectly (for some files) but because the nas was underpowered it would not transcode the files it needed to. I had a spare pc sitting there so I installed plexserver on it and mapped to the nas for the files and now everything is working perfectly.

So if you have plex running on a box then get your hands on the NowTV box and sideload plex onto it you won't regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Tippex wrote: »
    So My major Gripe with the One has been the fact that it was billed as the home entertainment system to have and not just a games console and they have failed miserably with the lack of being able to my one from my nas running plex.
    So I have managed to get a cost effective workaround I bought a nowTV http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057001096 box sideloaded with the plex app and have it plugged into the hdmi in port on the one.
    It was working perfectly (for some files) but because the nas was underpowered it would not transcode the files it needed to. I had a spare pc sitting there so I installed plexserver on it and mapped to the nas for the files and now everything is working perfectly.

So if you have plex running on a box then get your hands on the NowTV box and sideload plex onto it you won't regret it.

well regards entertainment there is this http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17307-Xbox-Entertainment-Creating-TV-Series-Based-on-Rapper-Nas.html just announced :rolleyes: Great !!!!

Anyone with a more recent smart tv should check the app stores for the plex app if they want streaming not sure what brands have it, guaranteed to be infinitely better than anything MS implement.

Actually one of the issue with the one in terms of that kind of stuff is generally even low end smart tv's like mine cover all the bases making anything the one implements down the road kind of redundant, I mean why would I want to have to switch it on if my tv already does it by itself, also being on the TV it means I can control it with a remote and don't have to use gesture/voice or a controller that switches of after a period of idleness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

calex71 wrote: »
    well regards entertainment there is this http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17307-Xbox-Entertainment-Creating-TV-Series-Based-on-Rapper-Nas.html just announced :rolleyes: Great !!!!

Anyone with a more recent smart tv should check the app stores for the plex app if they want streaming not sure what brands have it, guaranteed to be infinitely better than anything MS implement.

Actually one of the issue with the one in terms of that kind of stuff is generally even low end smart tv's like mine cover all the bases making anything the one implements down the road kind of redundant, I mean why would I want to have to switch it on if my tv already does it by itself, also being on the TV it means I can control it with a remote and don't have to use gesture/voice or a controller that switches of after a period of idleness.

yep that show is just what we need on the one about as much use as tits on a bull

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Tippex wrote: »
    yep that show is just what we need on the one about as much use as tits on a bull
    You'll notice when they launched, they announced "TV, TV, TV, TV" and not "Good TV, Good TV, Good TV".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I can't wait for that show.

**** me, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24oxCtpLeDw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ooh, me wants.....

Further titanfall info and new footage + beta info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/5403666/titanfall-beta-preview

Very good article from polygon that details more of how the mechanics of the game works, including what exactly the AI grunts do. well worth a read.

IGN have good info too

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/02/12/prepared-for-titanfall-3-hours-with-the-beta

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

didn't take long for that to leak

Badly needed imo too for blu ray and netflix etc. kinect or controller just don't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

calex71 wrote: »
    Badly needed imo too for blu ray and netflix etc. kinect or controller just don't cut it.

Agreed. The price variances across regions are still crazy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Interesting Digital Foundry analysis of Titanfall.

They're saying it's struggling to get 60 fps locked down. The frame rate noticeably drops when you're inside a titan.

Whatever about resolution issues, to miss the fps target would be a bit of a kicker.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-watch-titanfall-on-xbox-one-at-60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone receive their beta codes for Titanfall?

starting to go out from tomorrow, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone know the kick off time for the beta?

• Advertisement

Seeing as I usually only play Fifa and one or two shooters on my xbox I'm leaning a lot towards dumping it for the PS4 when I see the below.
    I did hear that Titanfall would run at 900p on release but still that resolution sucks balls. This is supposed to be the killer game for the Xbox 1 and not getting to 1080p really hurts all these gpu claims and how effective esram would be.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/176599-titanfall-beta-only-runs-at-792p-xbox-one-fails-to-deliver-1080p-for-major-release

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

This is supposed to be the killer game for the Xbox 1 and not getting to 1080p really hurts all these gpu claims and how effective esram would be.

i think its safe to guess you probably don't play alot of betas. They are different from full games / demos.

they are usually downscaled as its mainly about testing server infrastructure etc. Last FPS beta i played was BF4 and it looked worse than BF3.

that's because it was all turned waaaaay down to test setup of stuff (which they still ****ed up)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

miju wrote: »
    i think its safe to guess you probably don't play alot of betas. They are different from full games / demos.

they are usually downscaled as its mainly about testing server infrastructure etc. Last FPS beta i played was BF4 and it looked worse than BF3.

that's because it was all turned waaaaay down to test setup of stuff (which they still ****ed up)
    From what I understand, it's targeting 900p on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Pushtrak wrote: »
    From what I understand, it's targeting 900p on release.

I don't see what the problem is. Unless you have a 50in plus TV your not going to notice any difference

And most ggamers play on smaller screens

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is. Unless you have a 50in plus TV your not going to notice any difference

Kinda sounds like the same incorrect info that was peddled out when we switched to HD from SD.

Dunno where you pulled that other gem about most gamers playing on smaller screens from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Seeing as I usually only play Fifa and one or two shooters on my xbox I'm leaning a lot towards dumping it for the PS4 when I see the below.
    I did hear that Titanfall would run at 900p on release but still that resolution sucks balls. This is supposed to be the killer game for the Xbox 1 and not getting to 1080p really hurts all these gpu claims and how effective esram would be.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/176599-titanfall-beta-only-runs-at-792p-xbox-one-fails-to-deliver-1080p-for-major-release

I guess thats it then. A game cant be good unless its 1080p :D

I was actually expecting only 720p from Titanfall.

Battlefield 4 is 900p native on PS4.

Got an email earlier from Videogamesplus, they have Ryse on sale for 39.99CA works out around 33EU delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

dunworth1 wrote: »

I think what you meant to say there was that. You play on smaller screens.

One of the exciting points of this next gen for me was proper, full 1080p.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I think what you meant to say there was that. You play on smaller screens.

One of the exciting points of this next gen for me was proper, full 1080p.

There is actually some truth to what he says, can't find the chart now when I want it lol, but it was the one that shows, screen size, distance from it and how far you would need to be from it to get a full 1080p benefit over 720p.

Can't say for sure on games, as they don't accurately advertise the specs on the box and I have to admit I don't check, but I play on a 32" and watch TV/Movies on it also, I could certainly tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when it comes to movies, but ask me what the game is running at? In many cases ignorance is bliss , this is likely one of them :o

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »

I play a lot of betas..on PC
    These next gen consoles were supposed to be capable of 1080p.
    Sure I don't expect the graphics to match my PC but I do expect similiar resolutions. There's a huge difference between 720p and 1080p. Night and day difference.
    If the XB1 can't handle 1080p and it sure as hell doesn't look like it then the PS4 wins hands down for gaming performance.
    Devs aren't going to bother learning how to use esram...they'd do the 1080p 60fps for the PS4 and for the XB1..they'd do 720-900p and forget about esram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement