Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Folks there's a Titanfall Beta thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057148655 If we can keep the Titanfall chat there it'll prevent cross-posting etc, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I still haven't been prompted to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cotts72 wrote: »

I was turning on and off a lot last night trying to get it. I plugged it in this morning and turned on instant power mode and turned it off and left it for about 10 minutes, if you see a yellow light on the break it means its been updated. If its still white the update hasnt been downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I checked for the update last night and there was nothing, so I left it mains connected (I power it off from a remote socket nomally) & in instant on mode. I got up this morning around 8 and when I powered on the update started. It's nice to have the battery indicator and disc usage indicators back, now when the hell are they gonna sort out the audio, particularly for TV pass through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Shred wrote: »
    I checked for the update last night and there was nothing, so I left it mains connected (I power it off from a remote socket nomally) & in instant on mode. I got up this morning around 8 and when I powered on the update started. It's nice to have the battery indicator and disc usage indicators back, now when the hell are they gonna sort out the audio, particularly for TV pass through.

What's wrong with the audio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Had the xb1 since launch, threw in a dvd last night, dreaded grinding.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    What's wrong with the audio?

A couple of minor annoyances - no 5.1 from the Sky box as it needs optical, none from the 360 through the HDMI in either though. Then there's an 80ms delay when watching Blu Rays; although I know this can happen with any AV device. They're supposed to bringing Dolby support soon, but it's another thing that should have been there from the beginning.

Sure while I'm at it - it worked at launch a few times but "Xbox on" hasn't worked for me since no matter how I say it (it is enabled to do so as is 'instant on'). I also have my TV & Amp set to turn off/on along with the Xbox; if either is already powered on when I boot up the console they get shut down instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Cotts72 wrote: »
    The update kicked in downloading in the middle of Titanfall download - still waiting for titanfall to complete downloading because of it (I'm not at all bitter :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Still nothing here either, even setting it to instant on earlier didn't help :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I was playing mine earlier this morning. Turned it off. Noticed it power itself on and then back off about 15 minutes later. Turned it on and the update started to install. I had over 50% used on my hard drive and i only had about 4/5 games installed.
    Had to turn off the game DVR as well. My god it ruined everygame of fifa for me. "Game clip recorded" Jaysis the keeper only caught the ball!
    Got an invite to the Titanfall Beta too, e mail only came through this afternoon, so if you're panicking about a code, I'd hold out. I didn't think i was getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Shred wrote: »
    A couple of minor annoyances - no 5.1 from the Sky box as it needs optical

Have you tried this on your Sky Box?

http://www.whathifi.com/news/sky-enables-dolby-digital-51-over-hdmi-on-sky-hd-boxes

Is there anywhere that outlines what we get with USB Keyboard support now? So far all i can see thats changed is , the tab and enter keys work like in windows, ctrl + a etc does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's there at the moment I'm at about 15% downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Got the update. Handy battery feature by pressing the home button while at home. Also USB keyboard support. Also spotted honda legends car pack free download in the store!

Well holy crap, I didn't realise they'd finally done that, nice one I'll give it a spin!

Edit: I didn't realise it because it isn't enabled on my box for some reason, I'll give Sky a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

When is Dolby digital 5.1 over optical due, there's no mention of it in this update.

It's expected to be in the March update:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2014/02/15/xbox-one-update-features-lack-surround-sound-still/

There's also a handy link included in that article listing the contents of all updates for anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The last few Titalfall related posts moved to the Titanfall Beta thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

How do I check the controller battery?

Nolimits wrote: »
    How do I check the controller battery?

Press the guide button should show then in the lower right of the dash next to the clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

calex71 wrote: »
    Press the guide button should show then in the lower right of the dash next to the clock.

That's good but we still need a way to tell in game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

dunworth1 wrote: »

Say xbox go home, then press the guide button.

dunworth1 wrote: »

And warning or other visual indicator to know when they are getting low without having to check like the guide button spinning on the 360 pad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hello all,
    Myrddin has already asked people to post Titanfall-related posts in the correct thread.

Relevant posts moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Myrddin has already asked people to post Titanfall-related posts in the correct thread.

Relevant posts moved.

he question was related to the use of cloud tech and what/any example we see from Titalfall points to what it could be used for by all games in the future. Felt it was an Xbox One question as opposed to a TitanFall specific one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cheaper digital prices are incoming.

See here.

My guess is that these sales will become more frequent rather than a drop in price for all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

CatInABox wrote: »
    Cheaper digital prices are incoming.

See here.

My guess is that these sales will become more frequent rather than a drop in price for all games.

Gonna need a bigger drive if this is the case....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

That's very nice to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Tippex wrote: »
    Gonna need a bigger drive if this is the case....

i expect a 1tb sku from microsoft in the summer, probably announced at e3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement