Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I had to download an app to register again Xbox one preview registration app. Waiting. Also free handguns in battlefield 4 store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Yup, it expired Thursday night. Keep us posted on what's in the dashboard update.
    There are NDAs aren't there? Pretty sure there were last time anway.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I got one of the codes from xbox live to preview the new updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Shred wrote: »
    A couple of minor annoyances - no 5.1 from the Sky box as it needs optical, none from the 360 through the HDMI in either though. Then there's an 80ms delay when watching Blu Rays; although I know this can happen with any AV device. They're supposed to bringing Dolby support soon, but it's another thing that should have been there from the beginning.

Sure while I'm at it - it worked at launch a few times but "Xbox on" hasn't worked for me since no matter how I say it (it is enabled to do so as is 'instant on'). I also have my TV & Amp set to turn off/on along with the Xbox; if either is already powered on when I boot up the console they get shut down instead!

So some updates:

1. It looks like my Sky box won't be getting DD over HDMI: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/TV-Equipment-Questions/Dolby-Digital-5-1-over-HDMI-on-Sky-HD-pace-boxes/qaq-p/1752771. I tried forcing the box to update its firmware but, although it took about 15 minutes to complete, no joy.
    2. 'Xbox on' is working fine and it's turning on my amp/tv (but still turning them off if already on though); as I mentioned earlier I was trying "Xbox TURN on" which is incorrect - "Xbox On" is the correct command:o.
    3. I've found I can get "Xbox Turn Off" to work everytime if I put on a faux english accent!
    4. The audio sync issue with Blu Rays has been sorted since the last update, it's spot on now.

I also came across a potential workaround for the TV passthrough 50hz issue in case anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/50hz-fix-201311263472.htm. I've been watching football through the Xbox this evening without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Shred wrote: »
    I also came across a potential workaround for the TV passthrough 50hz issue in case anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/50hz-fix-201311263472.htm. I've been watching football through the Xbox this evening without any problems.
    Not sure if it can be fixed long term though as if you change it to 50hz then games will look wrong then rather than TV.
    Changing from 50 to 60 when switching to TV and back would not be seamless then as I think it would have to handshake again and screen would go black during the change.
    I don't know how they would solve this unless they make the games also run ok for 50hz. For me it doesn't really matter as I have htpc connected through it rather than sky box etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Anyone else having problems turning off the Xbox by voice command since the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dacarm

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems turning off the Xbox by voice command since the update?

YES! Since the update the voice commands don't work anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gizmo55 wrote: »

Is the location set as UK or did that reset?

Is the location set as UK or did that reset?
    UK. It's working now.

Dacarm wrote: »
    YES! Since the update the voice commands don't work anymore!
    The voice commands are fine for me, it was only when I'd say 'yes' after saying 'xbox turn off' that nothing was happening. It's grand now for some reason.
    Try what Failsafe was saying as it may have reset to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

brav wrote: »
    I don't know how they would solve this unless they make the games also run ok for 50hz.

Ah yeah, but they do mention that in the article; i.e manually switching back to 50Hz when gaming. I don't know how they can resolve that long term, but many seem to think they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone have an issue with Foze not completeing a championship?

Won't progress past Barcelona in the Modern F1 category for me - played it a number of times, shut the game down (played something else) and the same issue persists when I go back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So a price cut* and a Titanfall bundle. Seems like Microsoft has recognised that they are getting trounced in the EU and is pulling out all the stops to compete.

Eurogamer has the details, surrounded by passive-aggressive text. While I still regard Eurogamer highly, it is getting difficult to ignore the fact that every Xbox One article is couched in the most negative of ways, regardless of the actual news.

I have the feeling that if the Xbox One cured cancer, the general thrust of the article would be "Xbox One removes sick leave for millions".

*Weird, but it is UK only for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Do early adopters really get upset over 30 quid?

in fairness like, Im just after dropping 500 on a brand new console thats in short supply and a game to go with it, i've now had that 3 months before someone thats jumping on now. no one forced me to buy it, anymore than the guy who waited till titanfall was released as he didnt like any of the launch lineup.

then again, I'm straight ballin' on my 20" rims and gold chains....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

in fairness like, Im just after dropping 500 on a brand new console thats in short supply and a game to go with it, i've now had that 3 months before someone thats jumping on now. no one forced me to buy it, anymore than the guy who waited till titanfall was released as he didnt like any of the launch lineup.

Not at all for me. After GTA I had no desire to play my 360 at all, picked up the Xbox One around Xmas and have been on it every day since, I absolutely love it. Sure it has it's faults and stuff but I am really really enjoying it and I'm delighted I bought it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No, I'm totally okay with it to be honest. Same can happen with any product, regardless of when you buy.

I bought a house in '09. Let's just say that something being £30 pounds cheaper is not exactly something that is going to make me lose sleep....

Although, on launch day for the Nintendo 64, I remember I bought the last one in the old Virgin Megastore on the quays. I think the price dropped when about a week later, and when my brother complained to Nintendo, we got a discount on an extra controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not sure if it was mentioned already , seems a fix for the 50Hz TV issue is "weeks away"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17416-Fix-For-Xbox-One-s-EU---PAL-TV-Lag-Issues-Coming--Within-Weeks-.html

calex71 wrote: »
    Not sure if it was mentioned already , seems a fix for the 50Hz TV issue is "weeks away"

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17416-Fix-For-Xbox-One-s-EU---PAL-TV-Lag-Issues-Coming--Within-Weeks-.html

Weirdly enough, when Microsoft announced the two spring updates, they also accidentally emailed tom warren their full plans for spring. He posted about the accidental email and confirmed that the judder would be fixed, but it just didn't get much play in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Came across this earlier, details setting up headsets using the forthcoming adaptor http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/connect-compatible-headset

From the looks of it mine should work, bit messy having to go to both TV and controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Twitch game streaming coming on March 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

maximoose wrote: »
    Twitch game streaming coming on March 11th

I wonder will it stream party chat?

Looks like it
    "It's complete integration," Twitch CEO Emmett Shear told the AP. "It's exciting because we've never had the ability to broadcast from a console like this with such a deep level of integration. The concept of being able to join a broadcasters' party is really cool, and it's another step in the direction of interacting more closely with broadcasters."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I wonder will it stream party chat?

Doesnt say, but I know that people watching the broadcast will be able to join your party if you set it that way.

Its a REALLY nice feature but I dont think I could be dealing with yanks dropping in and out of party chat the whole time

Have to say am really looking forward to this update as it's something I've wanted on the XB1 since the start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

miju wrote: »
    Doesnt say, but I know that people watching the broadcast will be able to join your party if you set it that way.

Its a REALLY nice feature but I dont think I could be dealing with yanks dropping in and out of party chat the whole time

Have to say am really looking forward to this update as it's something I've wanted on the XB1 since the start

It confirmed :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

It confirmed :D

So the party can be streamed at the same time?

Oh sweet jesus, we'll need a big fook off 18+++++++ or even XXX for our stream so which is bad at times even by Irish swearing standards :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not really 100% xbox related, but I got an email this morning from amazon. apparently, if you subscribe to amazon prime, you now have access to the streaming movie service (their answer to netflix). I know theres an amazon app on the xbox one but I was wondering if anyone else had tried it yet, or is it restricted by country?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

CatInABox wrote: »
    No, I'm totally okay with it to be honest. Same can happen with any product, regardless of when you buy.

I bought a house in '09. Let's just say that something being £30 pounds cheaper is not exactly something that is going to make me lose sleep....

Although, on launch day for the Nintendo 64, I remember I bought the last one in the old Virgin Megastore on the quays. I think the price dropped when about a week later, and when my brother complained to Nintendo, we got a discount on an extra controller.

100% agree with you on this. However, I was a day one adopter of the original XBox. They cut the price soon after launch. For everybody that paid the full price at launch they gave 2 free (MS published) games and an extra controller. I got Oddworld and Rallisport. It wasn't necessary for them to do but it was an extremely nice gesture.

As I stated previously the XBox division today is a far cry from the one 10 years ago.

I assume you mean Lovefilm? Yep, it's restricted to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Vyse wrote: »
    However, I was a day one adopter of the original XBox. They cut the price soon after launch. For everybody that paid the full price at launch they gave 2 free (MS published) games and an extra controller. I got Oddworld and Rallisport. It wasn't necessary for them to do but it was an extremely nice gesture.
    Day one adopter of the original xbox here too, my 2 games & controller never arrived :'( Which annoyed me because I was always checking the post in the vain hope that they would show up but it wasn't to be.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare seems to of been getting decent enough reviews, I might take the plunge after all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement