Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

COYVB wrote: »
    Well, they'll come together, so it's not an extra purchase - but it IS an extra expense as part of the overall cost

It's not that, it's that I don't want to talk or wave my hands around while using a console so on that point I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I think we're all forgetting about the most important thing here...

Halo live action TV show!

*snigger*

part of me wants to see a band of brothers set in the halo universe and im not sure why:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

Itl be like the fifa pass where its tied to the console yet other accounts where the console is there home account allow the acccount to use it.I like the features and integration E3 will decide it for me personally. ive skipped the ps3 but will be eager to see what it has to offer this time round.Love the windows 8 feel to the system as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

It's not that, it's that I don't want to talk or wave my hands around while using a console so on that point I'm out.

You don't have to use it. You just have to have it connected

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Itl be like the fifa pass where its tied to the console yet other accounts where the console is there home account allow the acccount to use it

No it won't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Kinect required to use it (even if bundled)
    No backwards compatibility
    No 2nd hand market

there's only one console I'm getting this year, and it's called the OUYA.

You don't have to use it. You just have to have it connected

But connected for a reason I assume. If I don't have to use it why do I have to connect it.

Right now I'm waiting for E3 but MS have alot of convincing to do while Sony more or less have me sold on PS4 as an actual no messing about console.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What is the obsession these days with Kinect and playstation move. Now this new Xbox needs Kinect for it to work. Mg when will the stupidity end. I dont want to wave my hands around like I just dont care, I dont want to look like a moron.

Just give me a kick ass gaming machine with the old fashioned controller

/old timer rant over

Meh. OUYA is a nothing system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thats not a console, its a glorified smartphone without being a phone :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Needs Kinect to work - confirmed

Goodbye Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meh. OUYA is a nothing system

You'd be as well getting a Wii and installing the Homebrew channel on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

MS can Sit and swivel if anyone wants me I'll be on PC

On a MS operating system so?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Headshot wrote: »
    What is the obsession these days with Kinect and playstation move. Now this new Xbox needs Kinect for it to work. Mg when will the stupidity end. I dont want to wave my hands around like I just dont care, I dont want to look like a moron.

Just give me a kick ass gaming machine with the old fashioned controller

/old timer rant over

I agree with this. When I want to play a game, it's because I'm being fundamentally lazy at that time. If I wanted to exercise, I'd go to the gym. If I wanted to swing a golf club, I'd go to a golf course. If I wanted to dance to terrible RnB music - unlikely - I'd go to the Wright Venue.

It's what worries me about the MS announcement about 15 original IP games. Half of them will probably be Kinect based. It's **** that they bought up a company like Rare and set them to making Kinect games.

Have to say, the PS4 is the more attractive of the two so far for me

Gamer tag, gamer score and avatar will carry over. XBL games will not, but movies will.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Have to say, the PS4 is the more attractive of the two so far for me

What's the thought process? Genuinely interested as I'm not leaning either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

No it won't

to be fair the console was announced an hour ago and details arent all clear.but like the always online rumour i think this is a result of more headline grabbing.Ms arent stupid they are marketing this as the centre of a familys living room.Key word being family there. The install will be tied to the console or MS would be killing there own console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Why are they trying to force the kinect on us?

Keep the options open. I've a feeling MS will regret this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me a link to video of the announcement, Ithe only ones that I can find are the live ones. Couldn't watch it live and want to watch it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lmao

inXnRfO.png

The approach to used games is the big one.
    Not liking mandatory Kinect, I just want a console to play games. I've no real interest in all the additional Kinect stuff, I know you don't need to use it but I'm not after an all in one entertainment unit...I'm after a console.

The PS4, just seems more 'pure' given the info we have so far

Why are they trying to force the kinect on us?

Keep the options open. I've a feeling MS will regret this.

The thing about the Kinect is that you don't have to use it. I have one here, got it for free, and have it hooked up but use the controller to do everything. I'm sure this will be the exact same for the XBox One. So you'll have to have it connected? Use the controller anyway. Options still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Surely they'll be scooping all this, ahem, *feedback*, and proceeding as such?

Is that not how these things work?

to be fair the console was announced an hour ago and details arent all clear.but like the always online rumour i think this is a result of more headline grabbing.Ms arent stupid they are marketing this as the centre of a familys living room.Key word being family there. The install will be tied to the console or MS would be killing there own console.
    You're overestimating them

People said I was wrong about the entertainment functionality being the main focus. They said Microsoft wouldn't be that stupid. They're greedy, that'll drive everything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You can't honestly believe that, right?

Ermm...sony showed a controller....and a trailer from 1 year ago. :confused:

Both were ****e.

Can installs not be treated as they are now...a local licence & a profile licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I must be the only person in the world who cant wait for this.:P...even if it is just for Forza 5!

For me, the interface is more gamer geared on the PS4. The xbox is all about social, movies, TV, sports, music. I don't want any of that or to see any of that all over the place. I don't want to talk to my console or wave my arms around to get it work.

I just want a games console and now Sony have most if not all indie developers on board which MS didn't even acknowledge. Sony know their market now while MS want an all in one sitting room device that happens to be a console.

I was an Xbox fan but started to turn away after E3 last years and value I'm getting from PSN. Sony more or less have me now once I get the grips with this new dual shock pad, hope its more comfortable than the small dualshock we have now.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Ermm...sony showed a controller....and a trailer from 1 year ago. :confused:

Both were ****e.

They showed a lot more than that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement