Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Twitch app on the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

jenjenten wrote: »

Am I right in saying that theres still no pop up to let you know when a friend comes online? If so, that's a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Am I right in saying that theres still no pop up to let you know when a friend comes online? If so, that's a disaster.

I cant see them turning that on since we can add up to a thousand friends to our list. However I would like to see this notification for my "Favourites" category only, that would be manageable and would avoid seeing hundreds of popups every minute to say whos online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

jenjenten wrote: »

Dont really see how everyone at Microsoft should be excited that this update is coming. These are all  basic and essential features that the Xbox 360 already has and should have been on the Xbox one from day 1.Another thing that hasn't been implemented is the ability to see when one of ur friends come online.wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They didn't use the native xbox GVR to record those videos, thats for sure :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Anyone any info on console trade in against xbox one...gamestop.ie isnt telling me anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Anyone any info on console trade in against xbox one...gamestop.ie isnt telling me anything.

I got an email a few days ago. An xbox one is 299 if you trade a ps3 500gb or xbox 360 250gb and 2 select games.

I got an email a few days ago. An xbox one is 299 if you trade a ps3 500gb or xbox 360 250gb and 2 select games.

Ya this is the deal im looking at...any idea what games they want with the 360?

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Ya this is the deal im looking at...any idea what games they want with the 360?

I would assume its something from the trade 2 get a new release for 9.99 list, though haven't seen that offer on going in stores since before christmas, but this was the last list they had http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

Thanks for the list...ill drop in before work and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Well lads, just bought an xbox one and having trouble finding some answers that maybe ye can help me with?

1/ Will I have to set my locale to UK to get voice commands working?

2/ Can I set my locale to US to get some american content? Or have Microsoft clamped down on people doing this?

3/ My gamertag locale is set to US as I've been living in California the last 7 months (but I'm back living in Ireland now) do I have to set it back to UK to set up my xbox one with the UK locale?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Well lads, just bought an xbox one and having trouble finding some answers that maybe ye can help me with?

1/ Will I have to set my locale to UK to get voice commands working?

2/ Can I set my locale to US to get some american content? Or have Microsoft clamped down on people doing this?

3/ My gamertag locale is set to US as I've been living in California the last 7 months (but I'm back living in Ireland now) do I have to set it back to UK to set up my xbox one with the UK locale?

Thanks.

1/ yes UK or USA. I have USA personally.

2/ Yes, set it to USA. Don't think they've clamped down on it. I bought Assassin's Creed about month and a half ago and had no problems with it.

3/ Keep it as U.S is best I'd say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

2/ Yes, set it to USA. Don't think they've clamped down on it. I bought Assassin's Creed about month and a half ago and had no problems with it.

What payment method did you use? did you need to change your Gamertag locale as well?

Twitch Broadcasting coming to Xbox One

March 11th.

"Broadcasting

Instantly live broadcast your games by simply speaking “Xbox, Broadcast”, or launch from within the Twitch app for Xbox One.
    Position the webcam PIP in any corner of the screen to best fit your game.
    Interact with broadcasters using the most lines of chat available on a console.
    Your Xbox friends are notified when you go live.
    Viewing and Chatting

View live gameplay from any Twitch source: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PS4, etc.
    Get notifications when your favorite gamers are broadcasting so you never miss a minute.
    For Xbox One broadcasts, you can view the broadcaster’s Xbox Live profile and send them a party request and join their game.
    See which Xbox Live friends are broadcasting and what they’re broadcasting.
    Partake in the chat experience, including using your subscription-based emotes and chat badges.
    Turbo subscribers get an ad-free experience."

What payment method did you use? did you need to change your Gamertag locale as well?

Apart from switching location in Xbox One Settings to U.S I needed to set up a billing address and details here: https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub

Different states have different TAX so use an address like New Hampshire I think for cheapest tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

You've made my day with those answers. Thanks MiskyBoyy! :-D

So the voice commands work perfect with our thick Irish accents? Even with the locale set to US? Any other tips I might need to know?

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    You've made my day with those answers. Thanks MiskyBoyy! :-D

So the voice commands work perfect with our thick Irish accents? Even with the locale set to US? Any other tips I might need to know?

Yes it does 99% of the time. Even my friend who has a really strong Kilkenny accent was amazed when he tried it and it worked no problem.

Just try get used to it and if there's anything else you need to know just ask in here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Yes it does 99% of the time. Even my friend who has a really strong Kilkenny accent was amazed when he tried it and it worked no problem.

Doesnt work for thick Dublin accents thought. Lads in my party always get giggles out of me constantly repeating "Xbox Record Dat" before finally in a posh accent saying "Xbox Record That" :o:o

Usually followed by "Xbox go f*ck yourself"

miju wrote: »
    Doesnt work for thick Dublin accents thought. Lads in my party always get giggles out of me constantly repeating "Xbox Record Dat" before finally in a posh accent saying "Xbox Record That" :o:o

Usually followed by "Xbox go f*ck yourself"

Haha :P

Yeah or maybe a fake American accent to get the job done. I usually don't have any problems myself tho, even saying it in a relatively quite voice when there's not much background noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭husky7

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I got one of the codes from xbox live to preview the new updates :)

got a code for the preview last night , does it take long to load just have a black screen saying loading please wait ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

husky7 wrote: »
    got a code for the preview last night , does it take long to load just have a black screen saying loading please wait ?

just word of warning when you install update you cant join anyone's party until they have the update too apparently

just word of warning when you install update you cant join anyone's party until they have the update too apparently

didn't know that thanks for the info , its still not doing anything just a loading screen for an two hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

husky7 wrote: »
    didn't know that thanks for the info , its still not doing anything just a loading screen for an two hours now

This the console beta? Did you get an email about it mentioning a black screen?

Yup, you have to be on the same release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Got a code last night but it said I'd be notified in 48 hours!

On a side note is anyone tempted to get thief on Friday?

Cotts72 wrote: »

just finished loading now got the same message will be notified within 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cotts72 wrote: »

I was tempted but the reviews are mixed to say the least, I reckon you'd be better off getting dishonored for cheap instead on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Any one in the preview programme now missing their battery meter on the home page?
    Mine has vanished.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Any one in the preview programme now missing their battery meter on the home page?
    Mine has vanished.

I'm away from mine at the minute and I'm not in the program but I have noticed it does not appear every time I hit the guide button, like if I am already on the dash it doesn't show up I think, I'd need to check it as I'm not 100% but I know it crossed my mind when I was looking for it the other night.

Having a great blast with plants v zombies all evening, wasent expecting much but the game is really fun. Tis up on us marketplace for anyone who wants to dowload for a bit less (works out around 30 euro) 39.99 digital when is releases here on friday, gamestop have the physical copy listed for 65!!!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Any word of when they are going to release the voice commands in Ireland? Its annoying having to switch back to Ireland when I want to buy something with my Microsoft credit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement