Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

edit: that price!

Jesus $149 for a keyboard ???? Are they having a laugh or what

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

miju wrote: »
    Jesus $149 for a keyboard ???? Are they having a laugh or what

149 for a keyboard with those specifications is alright, on the high end but not that bad. Wireless, integrated trackpad, integrated dvr, integrated media, hub that allows smartphone integration. If you want a cheap keyboard for the console though just plug in a 10euro MS keyboard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

149 for a keyboard with those specifications is alright, on the high end but not that bad. Wireless, integrated trackpad, integrated dvr, integrated media, hub that allows smartphone integration. If you want a cheap keyboard for the console though just plug in a 10euro MS keyboard.

Oh I know that but this is mainly aimed at PS and XB right? I like my peripherals and I will spend money on the right high quality equipment but I'd never drop $150 on a keyboard that will only be used when web browsing mainly considering I use my smartphone to send messsages through Smartglass.

Maybe it's just me but I cant see alot of people forking out that cash for it on a console.

miju wrote: »
    Oh I know that but this is mainly aimed at PS and XB right? I like my peripherals and I will spend money on the right high quality equipment but I'd never drop $150 on a keyboard that will only be used when web browsing mainly considering I use my smartphone to send messsages through Smartglass.

Maybe it's just me but I cant see alot of people forking out that cash for it on a console.

It looks more like a media keyboard with console stuff added on. There's no real reason to build it specifically for a console as a software mod can just be released to enable keyboard support.

I completely agree that 150 is nuts for web-browsing on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

The update is installing now for me :) (not on any kind of preview)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Nolimits wrote: »
    The update is installing now for me :) (not on any kind of preview)
    Yep, seems they're rolling it out today rather than on the same day as Titanfall (which makes absolute sense)

Details of the fix are located on - http://majornelson.com/2014/03/04/xbox-one-march-system-update-rolling-out-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

mproved Multiplayer & Party chat

Cross title party chat
    Party chat on by default
    Easier multiplayer invites
    Easier multiplayer joining
    Ability to see what the people in your party are doing
    Improved Friends List + Profile

Improved friends list utility & speed of access
    Ability to see people you recently played games with
    See when friends are broadcasting, including live broadcast thumbnails in activity feed
    Get to a friend’s profile faster using type-ahead suggestions
    Contextual app menu actions on friends list and activity feed items
    Enabled more multiplayer (join and invite) actions on user profiles
    54 new contest-winning gamerpics
    Twitch TV live streaming support

Broadcast gameplay on Twitch.TV through Xbox LIVE (When the updated Twitch app ships next week.)
    Voice support for starting and ending broadcast
    Bringing out social in home

See favorite friends currently online
    See friends broadcasting gameplay
    Miscellaneous shell improvements

Improved notification center experiences including “quiet mode”
    View Game Clips while in snap mode
    Protect user settings with passkey
    Browser improvements

Control Bing and Google maps with gesture and controller
    Quick search when highlighting a term on a page
    When searching from Bing search on the console, direct link to Internet Explorer in order to see additional web results.
    New Devices – Driver and Firmware updates

Firmware update to the Xbox One controller to support the Xbox One stereo headset adapter
    Support for 1st and 3rd party headsets
    Driver updates for the Xbox One Media Remote
    SmartGlass Improvements

Push notification to your device for Xbox Live messages
    Quickly see what a friend is doing including presence and recent
    Enhanced viewing of personal and a friend’s game progress and clips
    Ability to close snap from SmartGlass
    Live TV

50Hz fix – users can set the Live TV app to display at 50Hz for full or fill modes
    Volume up/down adjustments – user can tailor the number of volume increments when using “volume up” or “volume down” commands
    IR blasting of power & volume to TVs/AVRs in all regions
    AVR setup maps to include model number for most sound bars or AVRs when setting up TV
    Improved Audio output support

SPDIF (optical out) now supports 5.1 Dolby Digital – enabling devices such as sound bars with only Optical In to be able to receive 5.1 Dolby Digital from console over optical
    HDMI output now supports stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed or 5.1 Dolby Digital live or 5.1 DTS

YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My headset sounds decent now! So relieved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

To update you controller you have to go into Settings - System - Update Controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Anyone else having issues with the controller? Mainly the left analogue stick and lb button. I'm not sure if im just unlucky but iv had to send back 3 controllers to be fixed for the same issues, either a grinding or clicking that seems to pop out of place on the left analogue stick and the lb button getting stuck

I've had a controller replaced for exactly the same issue.

• Advertisement

has anyone who soldered the original headset adapter to use their turtle beaches
    updated their controller yet? i just want to make sure that the new update doesn't interfere with the modification before I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

mproved Multiplayer & Party chat

50Hz fix – users can set the Live TV app to display at 50Hz for full or fill modes
    Volume up/down adjustments – user can tailor the number of volume increments when using “volume up” or “volume down” commands
    IR blasting of power & volume to TVs/AVRs in all regions
    AVR setup maps to include model number for most sound bars or AVRs when setting up TV
    Improved Audio output support

SPDIF (optical out) now supports 5.1 Dolby Digital – enabling devices such as sound bars with only Optical In to be able to receive 5.1 Dolby Digital from console over optical
    HDMI output now supports stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed or 5.1 Dolby Digital live or 5.1 DTS

YAY!

This is the shizzle I want personally, lovely stuff! The console is set to instant on so hopefully the update will be queued up by the time I get home this evening.

I know that nothing has been said, but has anyone with the update tried setting their location to Ireland and using voice commands?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Nolimits wrote: »
    I know that nothing has been said, but has anyone with the update tried setting their location to Ireland and using voice commands?

No voice for Ireland, not for a while yet.

No voice for Ireland, not for a while yet.

Ffs, the most annoying thing is that it works.

Console had to be in instant on mode for the update to show up for me, controller update took less than a minute, took longer to find my cable :o

Edit : Has anyone found how to change the volume increments ?

No update yet for me dammit.

Shred wrote: »

I left mine off with instant on mode enabled while making dinner it popped up when I came back.

Set it to instant on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

No update yet for me, xb1 is set to instant on :(

deco nate wrote: »
    No update yet for me, xb1 is set to instant on :(

I think I read on here that the xbox checks for the update everytime the console gets turned off. Put it on for a few mins then turn it off a couple of times and it should come on.

Set it to instant on.

Cheers but it has been since the last update.

calex71 wrote: »
    I left mine off with instant on mode enabled while making dinner it popped up when I came back.

Yeah I powered it off there and will try again in a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Turned mine off there and the white "x" started flashing for a bit. Can u assume that's the update downloading?

I just powered it back on there and the update is in progress, happy days. Now where the hell is the controller cable...

I just powered it back on there and the update is in progress, happy days. Now where the hell is the controller cable...

I used my phone charger cable :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    I used my phone charger cable :pac:

That's exactly what I had to do too!

Good to see 'Dolby D' lit up on my amp for the first time. TV picture is spot on now (50Hz was set to on by default just for TV) but as expected audio is still only in stereo, due to my Sky box nothing to do the One. I must have a shufty at the other bits, Twitch etc, I haven't found the volume up/down increment setting just yet either.

That's exactly what I had to do too!

Good to see 'Dolby D' lit up on my amp for the first time. TV picture is spot on now (50Hz was set to on by default just for TV) but as expected audio is still only in stereo, due to my Sky box nothing to do the One. I must have a shufty at the other bits, Twitch etc, I haven't found the volume up/down increment setting just yet either.

I think the volume increments is in settings / oneguide

• Advertisement

I think the volume increments is in settings / oneguide

Ah yes, it's in settings/one guide/troubleshooting/audio, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement