Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Shred wrote: »
    Ah yes, it's in settings/one guide/troubleshooting/audio, thanks.

So in exactly the place you would expect to find it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

calex71 wrote: »
    So in exactly the place you would expect to find it :P

Nobody likes a smartarse ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Powered on and off a few times and still no update prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

miju wrote: »
    Powered on and off a few times and still no update prompt.
    Same here.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Same here.

its annoying because all friends are online and i cant join them.

• Advertisement

Yep. Took a fair while for me to get the Feb update too, not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I plugged mine out for five minutes, turned it back on, then turned it off (standby) made the dinner and when I came back it was there.

I plugged mine out for five minutes, turned it back on, then turned it off (standby) made the dinner and when I came back it was there.

tried something similar as well no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Yep. Took a fair while for me to get the Feb update too, not sure why.

The update is not rolled out to all consoles at the same time, it is staggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am assuming most people have instant on power settings ....

Turn off the console and look at the power brick. It should have a white light still on it after powering off.

When this light turns orange the update has been downloaded and you can power it up to install it.

Where people tend to run into problems is by turning the console on and off to see if the update is there every few minutes, they do not give it enough time to download the update.

Power off, when the brick turns orange your good to go. This could take 10 - 30 minutes of leaving the xbox powered off.

• Advertisement

The update is not rolled out to all consoles at the same time, it is staggered.
    I know but thanks.

Turn off the console and look at the power brick. It should have a white light still on it after powering off.

When this light turns orange the update has been downloaded and you can power it up to install it.

Where people tend to run into problems is by turning the console on and off to see if the update is there every few minutes, they do not give it enough time to download the update.

Power off, when the brick turns orange your good to go. This could take 10 - 30 minutes of living the xbox powered off.
    Many thanks. I did all this with the Feb update. I remember I gave up trying and hours later I went to Settings and it said, 'Time to update your console'. This was hours after I'd last rebooted so I think the update is just there when it's there, no need to constantly reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Power off, when the brick turns orange your good to go. This could take 10 - 30 minutes of living the xbox powered off.

What about if it's set to UK?
    Does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

deco nate wrote: »
    What about if it's set to UK?
    Does it matter?

No, it doesn't matter.

FWIW: Loads of people in the States haven't got the update yet so it's just patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

Hi, if i'm not mistaken my todays post was deleted. If so, what was the reason?
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

kampik wrote: »
    Hi, if i'm not mistaken my todays post was deleted. If so, what was the reason?
    Thx

"No selling on the Games forums. Use adverts.ie for that..."

Exact infraction I received earlier, you however didn't receive an infraction I don't think or else they're not public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anyone know a shop in Dublin that sells TV stands for the Kinect 2?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 Paracord

Failsafe your method is spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone know a shop in Dublin that sells TV stands for the Kinect 2?

Anywhere that does would be selling them for far more than you could pick one up on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Anywhere that does would be selling them for far more than you could pick one up on Amazon.

Think I mentioned here already I got mine from there , it was the orb one.

Can't fault it , it's rock solid, gas think is new TV's are so slim and light I was worried about the weight of the kinect on top mine, it's almost has heavy as my TV. Cost me about €16 delivered with parcel motel as shipping was cheaper with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Left mine on standby since yesterday evening and switched on today expecting an update but nothing. Same today looks like no update downloading as light is static on the router for the xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hard reset it, turn it on and then turn it off while in Instant On. Got it after 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,089 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is there a big improvement in the sound through headsets since the update ? I'm still waiting patiently here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is there a big improvement in the sound through headsets since the update ? I'm still waiting patiently here :(

If you have a 5.1 Dobly headset, yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,089 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

miralize wrote: »
    If you have a 5.1 Dobly headset, yes...

I have a pair of tritton warheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

What cables are people using to update their controllers?
    I've tried all I have lying around (PS3, digital cameras etc) but none are right and I don't need the play & charge kit.

I've tried all I have lying around (PS3, digital cameras etc) but none are right and I don't need the play & charge kit.

Unused the one from my phone, micro usb.

Unused the one from my phone, micro usb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Any micro USB cable will do, I used my Galaxy S4 cable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement