Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Keeps freezing throughout update grr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Downloaded the update today all was grand no issues, updated the controller no issues was watching Netflix and noticed the kinect was off, plugged it out plugged it in nothing. Turned off console plugged out power plugged out kinect and left it for a minute plugged everything back in and still kinect is not on. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Nolars wrote: »
    Downloaded the update today all was grand no issues, updated the controller no issues was watching Netflix and noticed the kinect was off, plugged it out plugged it in nothing. Turned off console plugged out power plugged out kinect and left it for a minute plugged everything back in and still kinect is not on. Any ideas?

When you say Kinect isnt on. Do you mean not responding to voice commands? or gestures? or both?

When you say Kinect isnt on. Do you mean not responding to voice commands? or gestures? or both?

Light isn't on and the xbox one says plug it in but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,087 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Actually when you say this I think mine is not working either. Wouldn't turn off or go home. May check again now.

• Advertisement

Light isn't on and the xbox one says plug it in but it is.

I'd try Xbox support, maybe there is a way to re download the patch. Have you tried a hard reset, holding down the power button for about 7 seconds.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Actually when you say this I think mine is not working either. Wouldn't turn off or go home. May check again now.

Is the light on?

Is the light on?

Yup back working again now.

I'd try Xbox support, maybe there is a way to re download the patch. Have you tried a hard reset, holding down the power button for about 7 seconds.

yea done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads I don't have any cable for the controller, iPhone house, so what am I missing out on exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

has anyone who soldered the original headset adapter to use their turtle beaches
    updated their controller yet? i just want to make sure that the new update doesn't interfere with the modification before I do it.

I soldered mine and my turtle beaches are still working great after the update. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Same my astros are fine too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Lads I don't have any cable for the controller, iPhone house, so what am I missing out on exactly?

Just a tightness to the analog sticks iirc
    The update comes in light of Titanfall‘s release as well. Respawn Entertainment, makers of the upcoming blockbuster shooter, felt that the Xbox One’s input was a little too imprecise for its game. The company worked with Microsoft’s engineers and found a firmware-based solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It's less twitchy imo. Noticed it playing Forza.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Does anyone else find that since the update, the voice commands are working a lot better now?, maybe its my imagination but I've definitely been repeating myself less, and I dont have to say them as loudly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Does anyone else find that since the update, the voice commands are working a lot better now?, maybe its my imagination but I've definitely been repeating myself less, and I dont have to say them as loudly either.

Yes I have noticed the same.

Before when I said 'Xbox Turn Off', nothing would happen when I said 'yes' after that command. Now it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

They're a bit pricey!! The XO Fours are only $99.95 from the Turtle Beach website. I thought that would convert to €99.99 over here.

They're a bit pricey!! The XO Fours are only $99.95 from the Turtle Beach website. I thought that would convert to €99.99 over here.

your forgetting abot our higher rate of tax here 21%

still cheaper them gamestop there selling for 139

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

True!

Anybody used these new Turtle Beaches yet? I have a set for my 360 that are great and still working after 4 years. Debating with myself whether to splash out a new headset or go for the adapter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

dunworth1 wrote: »

Just picked up a pair, thanks. Went into gamestop they reckoned they weren't out yet and said they think their price would be €139.99

True!

Anybody used these new Turtle Beaches yet? I have a set for my 360 that are great and still working after 4 years. Debating with myself whether to splash out a new headset or go for the adapter.

Only €104 in smyths toys

http://www.toys.ie/Search2/Shop_Product_Search.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=xbox%20one%20headset

Edit. Now €110

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Nolimits wrote: »
    Just picked up a pair, thanks. Went into gamestop they reckoned they weren't out yet and said they think their price would be €139.99

If you get gamestop to ring head office they will let them sell them

I bought the xo7 in gamestop in the parkway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've a pair of x41 turtle beach will they work on the one with that adapter?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    If you get gamestop to ring head office they will let them sell them

I bought the xo7 in gamestop in the parkway
    Did the adapter ship with them?

Did the adapter ship with them?

Yep inside the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Where do the new TB sets connect to for game audio? TV or Xbox?

calex71 wrote: »

They get both from the controller

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »

The xbox sends the game and chat audio wireless to the audio adapter that clips onto the controller.

Something to note is that the adapter is a stereo adapter so if you want surround sound you'll need to get a headset that connects into the optical port at the back of the xbox.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement