Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dunworth1 wrote: »
    They get both from the controller

Oh really !!!!???

What about the new adaptor using old head sets like the triton ones? Those will have to go to the TV for geame audio no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh really !!!!???

What about the new adaptor using old head sets like the triton ones? Those will have to go to the TV for geame audio no?

The old ones will because they weren't designed to work from the one cable

So they will still work as they did before
    Audio from the xbox/TV and chat from the controller adapter

Chat since the update even over the standard head sets now seems a lot better, my pals no longer sound like they've been hitting the testosterone, miss calex reports her pal not sounding like she's a man anymore :D

The other thing I've noticed is the section on the main dashboard on the left that shows your name gamertag and score etc, now has a ticker showing friends, favourites and broadcasting at the bottom, this as a bit of wasted space that could be filled by something useful surely? Like a live tile of broadcast videos or something.

The one thing I've noticed though is the lag if you say "xbox invite" while in game, it snaps the party window and when you click invite it lags for ages before bringing up the list of friends like you are on a 10 year old PC :mad:

On the 360 when I played multiplayer games instinct would be to start a party so I couldn't hear everyonei in the game talking because it was usually french/german/insert language and it would mute them and I could switch between party and game chat at will if i wanted, the only way I have seen to be able to to this on the One is to start a party and invite my other offline tag to the party, simply starting one isn't good enough now, is there a better way besides scrolling through the lobby and muting them one by one? Playing Plants Vs Zombies at the minute so don't want ot hear them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€38 for Ghosts in CeX for Xbox Uno,

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

So, has anyone used one of the new Turtlebeaches? Would you recommend getting one of the new headsets, or go with the adapter and use and older headset? I have a set of old Turtlebeaches for the 360 and they have served me well. But I'm tempted to get new ones. I'm just wondering is there a big difference in quality.

• Advertisement

So, has anyone used one of the new Turtlebeaches? Would you recommend getting one of the new headsets, or go with the adapter and use and older headset? I have a set of old Turtlebeaches for the 360 and they have served me well. But I'm tempted to get new ones. I'm just wondering is there a big difference in quality.

Not sure about the TB's but my triton set just won't physically connect to the One as they have those red and white connections so have to go the TV for game audio, this is a deal breaker for me as it would have to go into the TV's head phone socket, which means I lose audio from the tv while they are connected, and the port for headphones is on the back of the TV so awkward to get at, so depending on the TB set you have you might not have any choice but to get new ones.

Actually I have yet another question regarding the new adaptor, can you plug a standard set of stereo headphones into it and get game audio minus chat obviously :confused:

I plug my current headset into the headphone socket on the back of the tv. I don't mind doing this as I don't use it for watching TV. So technically I can use this headset with the One as I'm getting sound from the TV. But I'm having to use the Kinect for party chat which is not ideal. The main annoyance is I don't have control over the game and voice chat audio.

I imagine the adapter will work with a normal headphones (minus the chat) as that's the way I'd plug my current TB headset into it.

Actually, just as I'm writing this I was watching an unboxing video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2oQC02NUhg . The adapter comes with this headset!! I didn't know that. I think I'll just be going for the adapter now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Here is a guide for getting the Astro A40 and A50's headsets to work with the Xbox One audio adapter.

Just from reading it I have a better understanding of how the headset adapter will work with other headsets.

http://forums.astrogaming.com/showthread.php?49795-Connecting-to-the-Xbox-One-A50-A40-and-A30-Audio-System-Guide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anybody know the trade in value for battlefield 4 in xtravision or gamestop ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does anybody know the trade in value for battlefield 4 in xtravision or gamestop ?

think at the moment GameStop are giving €40 for trade in value on any XB1 game. €45 if your trading it against Titanfall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,255 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

miju wrote: »
    think at the moment GameStop are giving €40 for trade in value on any XB1 game. €45 if your trading it against Titanfall

Thanks for that. Think I'll head down tomorrow.

Has anyone seen the headset adapter for sale anywhere in North Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Hey guys, thinking of picking up one of these sometime in the future, but a quick question first.

Does anyone know for sure how well the TV streaming works? Does it connect to e-vision TV or similar? Its a major selling point of the console and is honestly a feature that's putting it over the PS4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

No way is the price of the X1 going to drop in the space of 1 year. It will still be in high demand and MS need to recoup as much as possible from higher profit margins.

No console has had a price drop in it's first year, except the struggling WiiU, retailers couldn't shift them quick enough.

Can get the xbox one now for €30 less with a game just like I predicted :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Can get the xbox one now for €30 less with a game just like I predicted :cool:

In the UK where its doing poorly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

If they put a skygo app on it I would buy it in the morning.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a positive, a silver lining maybe? or if you genuinely don't realise that we're in the EU, along with the UK, and have free trade agreements in place. If people in the UK are getting a price cut on new x1's, we're more than able to partake.

As an irish retailer (smyths, for example) I'd be extremely annoyed at the thought of losing sales to the likes of amazon.co.uk (who will deliver here free of charge) if MS tried to make this a UK only drop. The price will be the same in the UK and Ireland, it's inevitable, and the sensible thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a positive, a silver lining maybe? or if you genuinely don't realise that we're in the EU, along with the UK, and have free trade agreements in place. If people in the UK are getting a price cut on new x1's, we're more than able to partake.

As an irish retailer (smyths, for example) I'd be extremely annoyed at the thought of losing sales to the likes of amazon.co.uk (who will deliver here free of charge) if MS tried to make this a UK only drop. The price will be the same in the UK and Ireland, it's inevitable, and the sensible thing to do.

No point speaking politics too me
    the price has gone down in the UK simple as that really :pac: have not seen it go down anywere in Ireland
    hopefully it does though
    encourage more people to buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Ign reported it's not being reduced in Ireland only uk

Just wondering if anyone can help me out?

I'm thinking of selling my Xbox one because I'm just getting no play out of it.

If I press "restore factory defaults" will this wipe the whole hard drive of my details etc?

Thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If I press "restore factory defaults" will this wipe the whole hard drive of my details etc?
    Yep.

Comes with Titanfall in the US for $500, you can't say that's not a price drop. The boys at respawn are hardly handing out free copies :rolleyes:

Ign reported it's not being reduced in Ireland only uk

It's already reduced in Ireland in a few places. The brother got one for €470 with fifa.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Comes with Titanfall in the US for $500, you can't say that's not a price drop. The boys at respawn are hardly handing out free copies :rolleyes:

there's no point talking politics with him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Its €470 in Argos with FIFA and Plants vs. Zombies. Is there anywhere selling pads for less than €60?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

No point speaking politics too me
    the price has gone down in the UK simple as that really :pac: have not seen it go down anywere in Ireland
    hopefully it does though
    encourage more people to buy it

price drop in argos to 469 :rolleyes:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1449725.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Its €470 in Argos with FIFA and Plants vs. Zombies. Is there anywhere selling pads for less than €60?
    I just checked the sites for Gamestop, Smyths, Xtravision and Harvey Norman there. Of those, Smyths have it at 55..

www.toys.ie/XBox-One-Controller-XBox-One-!131896-prd.aspx

Harvey Norman is 70 with a play and charge if you were going to be looking to get one of those. I don't have a One yet, but imagine when I do, getting one of those will be a priority.

www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/xbox-one/xbox-one-accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller-with-play-and-charge-kit.html

Edit: Microsoft Store have it on its own at 55, too.

www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/Xbox-One-Wireless-Controller/productID.282117200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

The play and charge kit is great, I charge mine every couple of weeks, very quick to charge too
    Argos deal seems the best IMO
    I wonder will it drop again before xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The play and charge kit is great, I charge mine every couple of weeks, very quick to charge too
    Have to agree, mine's the same and if it dies, just plug it in and go.

Something I noticed since the last update, the Xbox button on the controller now flashes if the battery is about to die (similar to the way the 360 controller does)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Same here love it, would be nice if the cable wasn't as long, it just ends up being stuffed behind the console, but I guess they want it long so people can use the controller while it's charging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement