Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dunworth1 wrote: »

Argos are a UK store
    and every xbox one argos has came shipped from the UK which was shipped from (China?)
    so no surprise it went down in price as its stock and all profits go too the big guys in the UK
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Argos are a UK store

They sure are, and I know you've little interest in "politics" but Argos have several stores in the Rep. of Ireland, those would be their Irish chains, not something to be ignored even if they do fall under your definition of "politics" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Argos are a UK store

I don't know if there has been a price drop in gamestop as I never buy from them, but if there is, does that not count also because it's an american owned store? Probably the only place that counts is smiths I suppose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone try twitch? Tested it there on peggle 2 quality was impressive , much better than expected.

Even had a person watching and got a "woot" for clearing the board :pac:

Think the delay is around 10 seconds, I will check that again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone try twitch? Tested it there on peggle 2 quality was impressive , much better than expected.

Even had a person watching and got a "woot" for clearing the board :pac:

Think the delay is around 10 seconds, I will check that again later.

Yep, a few of us have tried it. The quality is very good. The delay is about 40 seconds on ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Just put a deposit on the titan-fall bundle....and now I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

0x8004804E cant sign into xbox live getting this googled it cant find anything really on it any ideas?

Nolars wrote: »
    0x8004804E cant sign into xbox live getting this googled it cant find anything really on it any ideas?

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

Down :(

Not effecting anyone already signed in though as I was chatting to some through the smart glass app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yep getting the same message.Thought it was fooked.Glad im not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Some people seem to think its related to Twitch, some update that came live.

• Advertisement

Whats really annoying about this vs the 360 is that if it happened on the 360 it would still sign you in but not connect you to live, one the One the console is pretty much dead in the water unless you go into setting and disconnect from the network to get it to sign you in :mad:

And why for the love of god does it forget your wpa/wep key when you do that , really silly stuff.

It gets worse, disconnect from the network sign in , reconnect and you get a "Bye Calex" message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Im getting the same message. First night iv been back on xbox live in a month and i cant sign in. ****ing typical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

I havent used my xbox one in 2 months the other day i turned it on and the kinect broke and today I cant sign in. I think my PC beside it is up to something :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I was able to sign in twice today with no issues but tried it around half eight and it wouldnt work.I better be sorted by Friday is all i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I was able to sign in twice today with no issues but tried it around half eight and it wouldnt work.I better be sorted by Friday is all i say.

Had the same issue this morning, but the cold reboot cleared it.
    Were you experiencing issues signing in to Xbox Live? We are very happy to say that our team has fixed the problem and the Live service is ready and waiting. If you are experiencing any lingering issues, try a cold reboot of your Xbox by powering down, unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, plugging back in and powering back on. Thanks for all your patience while our team was working. Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Anyone looking at picking up an Xbox one, maplin uk have dropped the price http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/microsoft-xbox-one-500-gb-games-console-a29lz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Nolimits wrote: »
    Anyone looking at picking up an Xbox one, maplin uk have dropped the price http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/microsoft-xbox-one-500-gb-games-console-a29lz

not in stock, shame its a good price

Got a gift of a set of XO Fours yesterday :pac:

Anyway didn't come to post about my good fortune , I tried the adaptor with the headset section of my triton trigger headset for 360 and it worked fine for voice AND game audio without the need for connecting the rest of it to the TV/Console so in practice with only the adaptor I could easily and quickly switch the triton headset between both consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got a gift of a set of XO Fours yesterday :pac:

Anyway didn't come to post about my good fortune , I tried the adaptor with the headset section of my triton trigger headset for 360 and it worked fine for voice AND game audio without the need for connecting the rest of it to the TV/Console so in practice with only the adaptor I could easily and quickly switch the triton headset between both consoles.

I dont know the ins and outs of your headset, but if you're not using the optical port, you're not getting dolby digital.

• Advertisement

I dont know the ins and outs of your headset, but if you're not using the optical port, you're not getting dolby digital.

Ah yes thats very true, just posting that as it was something that I was wondering a while back as to how my old head set would work with the adapter , I thought i would have to connect to TV for game audio with it which isn't the case, and that would have been out of the question as the plugging in headphones on my tv (port is in an awkward spot on the back) mutes my TV speakers so would require plugging them out and back in a lot.

Unrelated but something else I was messing with today and have mentioned before was streaming video to the One and plex, if you have plex server set up on your pc/laptop , simple to do and great interface, not so far removed from their xbmc roots you can now fire up Internet Explorer point it to http://plex.tv/web/app and stream to the one that way , by far the best way I've seen so far of video streaming to the one by a running mile!!!!!!!

The only thing is it can be fussy about the file types it will stream this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got the last achievement there in PvZ:GW. I'm now officially ready for Titanfall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just got the last achievement there in PvZ:GW. I'm now officially ready for Titanfall :D

I am going to wait until i have deadrising 3 finished before buying titanfall. But given my lack of time to play xbox, that will take some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

just got my xbox one today. tried setting up the TV player but it stutters and freezes and drops and comeback for a few seconds at a time, completely unwatchable. Does anyone have it working with upc hd box (not horizon)?

Do we have to be set to uk for the voice commands?

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Do we have to be set to uk for the voice commands?

Yes :(

Yes :(
    kinda weird...but the voice commands are savage...titanfall is also pretty great..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

McG wrote: »
    just got my xbox one today. tried setting up the TV player but it stutters and freezes and drops and comeback for a few seconds at a time, completely unwatchable. Does anyone have it working with upc hd box (not horizon)?

This might be to do with the refresh rate of the tv/upc. Try setting the refresh rate to 50hz in the xbox tv settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Anybody know what gamestop would give me for Titanfall? Kinda tempted to pick it up from gamepointsnow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Nolimits wrote: »
    Anybody know what gamestop would give me for Titanfall? Kinda tempted to pick it up from gamepointsnow

Isn't that a site for download code ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement