Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Isn't that a site for download code ?

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Nolimits wrote: »
    Yeah

So you want to sell it to gamestop ??

Anybody know what gamestop would give me for Titanfall? Kinda tempted to pick it up from gamepointsnow

Cex will give you e38 cash for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Cex will give you e38 cash for it.

For a downloaded game ??
    I doubt it

For a downloaded game ??
    I doubt it

Oh I thought he had a physical copy

Sorry

• Advertisement

Oh I thought he had a physical copy

Sorry

I do have a physical copy, tempted to go digital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

CatInABox wrote: »
    This might be to do with the refresh rate of the tv/upc. Try setting the refresh rate to 50hz in the xbox tv settings.

thanks. I tried that but no luck. giving up on the idea for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

got my laptop plugged into the secondary hdmi...cant get the audio to play on my tv.Anyone experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Just bought one these .. Tried everything but iv ended up with one them dud headsets that come with console .. Just wondering what's the story with the headset adapter that plug into controller which would allow me use ,my excellent px5 turtle beaches?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Drum.lad wrote: »
    got my laptop plugged into the secondary hdmi...cant get the audio to play on my tv.Anyone experienced this?

Are you setting the audio output settings to the HDMI port in sound management?

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »

I don't see that wording in settings?

miralize wrote: »

My turtle beach works fine bar the chat ..but that's because don't have adapter..on other hand in box headset no sound at all and iv looked up loads troubleshooting sites and consensus is there's a good a lot of faulty headsets

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is anyone steaming via plex, any idea how to get the player to play in full screen, I keep ending up with a letterbox effect? You hit the icon to fill and it does make it bigger ok but the screen isn't full.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what are under 16s who bought an xbox one supposed to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Anybody know what gamestop would give me for Titanfall? Kinda tempted to pick it up from gamepointsnow
    I traded in BF4 against Thief the other day and they have a deal where you trade in one game and get another for €20, he said the deal would work with Titanfall too so that would probably be the best deal at the moment if you are looking to get another game.
    what are under 16s who bought an xbox one supposed to play
    There are plenty of games for that age group, Forza, Rayman, Lego games, PvsZ, Max, Powerstar Golf, and the sports games.

dor83 wrote: »
    There are plenty of games for that age group, Forza, Rayman, Lego games, PvsZ, Max, Powerstar Golf, and the sports games.

well he has need for speed which he like (i don't, too much crashing)

im talking new IP that uses what xbox one is capable of (and games you couldn't buy on the 360)

well he has need for speed which he like (i don't, too much crashing)

im talking new IP that uses what xbox one is capable of

How old is he? I'm guessing he is on the younger side if you think Need for Speed has too much crashing, PvsZ and Max would be the exclusives for the younger kids, maybe Peggle 2 also. I enjoyed Max myself and have heard good things about PvsZ too, but haven't played it myself.

What do you mean when you say uses what Xbox One is capable of? If you mean uses it's full potential then I would think it will be a while before that happens, it always takes a few years before you see that from a console and it has only been a few months since it launched.

dor83 wrote: »
    How old is he? I'm guessing he is on the younger side if you think Need for Speed has too much crashing, PvsZ and Max would be the exclusives for the younger kids, maybe Peggle 2 also. I enjoyed Max myself and have heard good things about PvsZ too, but haven't played it myself.

What do you mean when you say uses what Xbox One is capable of? If you mean uses it's full potential then I would think it will be a while before that happens, it always takes a few years before you see that from a console and it has only been a few months since it launched.

no, my nephew is 14, (lol i don't like need for speed series as there too much (accidential) crashing involved, maybe just my bad playing but he plays it like that too) although his mother wasn't impressed when I said I finally managed to run a car off the road).

well I just mean im wondering why he bought it, he traded in his old xbox and ds for it, there seems to be so few decent games for it, 6 months is long enough to wait for there to be decent selection of games across the spectrum.

max looks ok platformers are okay as long as they're innovative enough, he has the lego game movie too.

no, my nephew is 14, (lol i don't like need for speed series as there too much (accidential) crashing involved, maybe just my bad playing but he plays it like that too) although his mother wasn't impressed when I said I finally managed to run a car off the road).

well I just mean im wondering why he bought it, he traded in his old xbox and ds for it, there seems to be so few decent games for it, 6 months is long enough to wait for there to be decent selection of games across the spectrum.

max looks ok platformers are okay as long as their innovtive enough, he has the lego game movie too.

Are his parents really not going to let him play Titanfall?

I'm aware there is an age restriction on it, but I doubt this would stop most.

I would actually say it is good to see parents take notice of age ratings on games, I've seen too many parents who buy the likes of GTA for kids as young as 8 or 9. Having said that, I think Titanfall is suitable for a 14 year old myself, it's just a shooter, but that is up to his parents to decide not me.

Every console has a shortage of games for the first while and after only 4 months I'd say there is a decent selection of games for the Xbox One, a lot of cross platform/gen games but that is to be expected as the install base is still tiny compared to the previous gen consoles.

• Advertisement

I asked even about 16 age rated games and was giving a reminder he was only 14 I was trying to get my bro to buy titanfall, but no budge, it sounds like im trying to get them to buy games for me, but i don't live near them, i just went looking to see what there is for under 16 and found very little, i know they make AAA games for 25 year olds not 14 year olds but you'd think there'd be more games in the 12 to 17 age range.

his mother walked in when he was at the cut scene in last need for speed where the two women try to seduce the guy, nothing too bad, but i think the game doesn't need such scenes just embarassing for all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

http://t.co/6h26mlu9XK

Looks like we'rd getting another update in April, friends notifications and game dvr being changed this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

http://t.co/6h26mlu9XK

Looks like we'rd getting another update in April, friends notifications and game dvr being changed this time.

Your quick on the button,was just about to post myself.its good that their rolling out the updates quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Longshot... anyone here based in the UK want a £25 gift voucher for £18?!

Sister at home in NI got it for my bday, but can't be applied to my Irish account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

maximoose wrote: »
    Longshot... anyone here based in the UK want a £25 gift voucher for £18?!

Sister at home in NI got it for my bday, but can't be applied to my Irish account.

Xbox Currency?

Why don't you make a GB account here: https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub and apply the money to your account and switch locale to UK and use it that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah I think I will probably end up doing that. I have a GB acc set up already but have around €20 odd quid balance on my IE acc. Would like to keep it all together and £18 would get me a €25 voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ireland..

just a quick question guys about the games, does the game run any different if its a downloaded one compared to the physical disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Ireland.. wrote: »
    just a quick question guys about the games, does the game run any different if its a downloaded one compared to the physical disk?

no their both installed onto the hard drive
    no difference
    although I prefer physical :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I havent seen it mentioned anywhere else on here, so I'll just drop it in here,

phil spencer has mentioned that hes now directly involved with the games with gold programme, and hes going to be working hard to bring it to a better level.

apparently, the biggest constraint they have, is the fact that once you cancel your live subscription, the game is yours forever. This is as opposed to PS plus where you essentially get the games on loan as long as you're a subscriber.

I've been subbed to xbox live for I think about 8 years, so I'd be more than happy to have that condition imposed if it meant better quality of freebies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I havent seen it mentioned anywhere else on here, so I'll just drop it in here,

phil spencer has mentioned that hes now directly involved with the games with gold programme, and hes going to be working hard to bring it to a better level.

apparently, the biggest constraint they have, is the fact that once you cancel your live subscription, the game is yours forever. This is as opposed to PS plus where you essentially get the games on loan as long as you're a subscriber.

I've been subbed to xbox live for I think about 8 years, so I'd be more than happy to have that condition imposed if it meant better quality of freebies.

I agree would rather better more recent games for rent then having old and some very old games for free
    But if it doesnt happen I ain't complaining free is free I suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement