Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some ID@Xbox: Game Previews

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hmm..I like the looks of Strike Suit Zero...its been a while since there was a good space game out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask this, but hoping someone might have a solution. Bought an Xbox one last week which is going well so far. Because my tv only has a couple of hdmi slots, I plugged the Xbox direct to the tv along with my 360. I also had a saorview box which had been connected so I could record programmes, I've now connected that to the Xbox one and it plays and works as it should apart from the remote control. The remote worked fine before setting up the Xbox one. Has anyone encountered similar? Or knows what could be the cause? Would the Kinect sensor possibly be effecting it? Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

markc1184 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask this, but hoping someone might have a solution. Bought an Xbox one last week which is going well so far. Because my tv only has a couple of hdmi slots, I plugged the Xbox direct to the tv along with my 360. I also had a saorview box which had been connected so I could record programmes, I've now connected that to the Xbox one and it plays and works as it should apart from the remote control. The remote worked fine before setting up the Xbox one. Has anyone encountered similar? Or knows what could be the cause? Would the Kinect sensor possibly be effecting it? Any help appreciated.

The Kinect has an IR blaster, I dunno if that would affect your saorview box, but anythings possible I suppose. try disabling kinect and seeing what happens - unplug it too to be sure.

and it might be obvious, but have you checked the batteries in your remote?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Where is the cheapest place to get battlefield 4 premium codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    no their both installed onto the hard drive
    no difference
    although I prefer physical :D

Don't you need to have the disk inserted to play the physical versions? Means if you want to switch games, you have to get off your butt and change disks?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone with more smarts than me able to speculate why DirectX12 might mean for the XboxOne - MS say it will be in user across all there platforms - and from what I can see it will reduce the CPU consumption dramatically, and offer some graphical boost - along with, apparently, easier to use tools. Can we expect better graphics coming soon due to this (first games expected 2015?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Don't you need to have the disk inserted to play the physical versions? Means if you want to switch games, you have to get off your butt and change disks?

Yup you do
    but I think he meant any difference in performance on physical and digital
    no difference at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

anyone with more smarts than me able to speculate why DirectX12 might mean for the XboxOne - MS say it will be in user across all there platforms - and from what I can see it will reduce the CPU consumption dramatically, and offer some graphical boost - along with, apparently, easier to use tools. Can we expect better graphics coming soon due to this (first games expected 2015?)

If it means using the multiple CPU cores more efficiently, the CPU will better be able to serve data for the GPU (graphics processing) to render and display.

Quicker overall processing time, smoother transfer of data. Better frame rates and maybe better graphics overall.

That's the educated guess. Probably just means things will be 10% prettier, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

None of my side menus are loading, they all timeout, however I can login fine to live and play online. Did the network tests too all good.

Any suggestions?
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

-Toppy- wrote: »
    None of my side menus are loading, they all timeout, however I can login fine to live and play online. Did the network tests too all good.

Any suggestions?
    -Toppy-

Port forwarding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Titanfall's launch for Xbox One this month helped Xbox Live on the platform enjoy its "biggest week in terms of users and usage," Xbox boss Phil Spencer told GameSpot today at GDC.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-helped-xbox-live-on-xbox-one-enjoy-its-biggest-week-ever/1100-6418471/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

-Toppy- wrote: »

Any suggestions?
    -Toppy-

happening to me too. think it's an issue with the MS Server

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Just bought MGS on the xbox store and the download time is shocking, is there an issue with xbox live this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

The fan on my xbox one started making an annoying buzzing noise that its never done before, its not loud but just gets on my nerves. it just started doing it yesterday while i was playing titanfall and its still doing it today when i turn it on. i've seen on the web other people with what sounds like the same problem saying its defiantly not normal and that you would be entitled to a replacement. Could i return to the xtra vision where i bought it or would i get a replacement from microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just bought MGS on the xbox store and the download time is shocking, is there an issue with xbox live this weekend

What download speed are you getting in the settings > Detailed network statistics.

What download speed are you getting in the settings > Detailed network statistics.

4.25mbs. Finally downloaded after 8 or so hours it kept going into queued and installation kept stopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

4.25mbs. Finally downloaded after 8 or so hours it kept going into queued and installation kept stopping

8 hours for a 5gb download :eek: I know the fix for game installed from a disc was to go offline that way it installs then updates , it craps it self trying to do both at once, but what do you do with a download title :confused:

calex71 wrote: »
    8 hours for a 5gb download :eek: I know the fix for game installed from a disc was to go offline that way it installs then updates , it craps it self trying to do both at once, but what do you do with a download title :confused:

It kept going into a queue every few minutes. Maybe the servers were busy or having issues but iv never appreciated steam so much until last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

It kept going into a queue every few minutes. Maybe the servers were busy or having issues but iv never appreciated steam so much until last night

The only thing I can think of is that Xbox live was free this weekend in Europe but that shouldn't have affected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,087 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could anybody recommend a cd key site to get a 12 month membership for xbox live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could anybody recommend a cd key site to get a 12 month membership for xbox live ?

http://www.xbox-live.com/en/

http://www.cdkeys.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »

I'd recommend these http://cardscodes.com/

I've used them the last 2 years. Payment has to be by Paypal and code is emailed to you very quickly.

I'd recommend these http://cardscodes.com/

I've used them the last 2 years. Payment has to be by Paypal and code is emailed to you very quickly.

Thanks will give them a look !!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Ive used a person on adverts and I thought he was great

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-live-subscription-12-months/3960738

Kev. wrote: »
    Ive used a person on adverts and I thought he was great

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-live-subscription-12-months/3960738

Will check him out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

went out and bought my one there over the weekend , i really couldnt skip the deal argos have at the moment and the ability to pay it interest free over six months made it that little bit easier :pac::pac::pac:

recyclops wrote: »
    went out and bought my one there over the weekend , i really couldnt skip the deal argos have at the moment and the ability to pay it interest free over six months made it that little bit easier :pac::pac::pac:

Nice. How much it set you back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

469 with two games can't really argue with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement