Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Miss the big thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056874767

Edit: The 720 would have been a terrible name. It makes no sense. I'd suggest hanging on to your 360 if you plan on playing those games again, no backwards compatibility. It'll be out this year. Late October (maybe... if the Battlefield 4 release date is right) or November.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Yeah, lol I did not get to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Games have generally always been around the 50 mark for years (bare the usual extra cost when a console is new) But 50 euro is good enough.

Shops have charged fifty euro. As I said the RRP is way and above, which is why the shops have diversified, pushed second hand and gone out of business.

Personnally I would be in favour of better tiering system. Why does everything have to be at whatever the arbitrary price point of the time. Make a huge game that I will get a massive amount of time and enjoyment out of? Fine charge me a €100 quid. Want to make an off beat low budget horror game? Charge me €30. I hate that digital distribution is the only place where we see pricing to match the content.

Miss the big thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056874767

Edit: The 720 would have been a terrible name. It makes no sense. I'd suggest hanging on to your 360 if you plan on playing those games again, no backwards compatibility. It'll be out this year. Late October (maybe... if the Battlefield 4 release date is right) or November.
    What is backwards compability and say for example I hang on the xbox 360 will I be able to use the same games that will come out for the one

And are you allowed to play second hand games on ps4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

They are not going to accelerate even remotely like what your scare tactics are trying to suggest.

They always do with a new generation because the install base is lower. You'll be paying at least a tenner more than you're used to for the first 6 months on new releases. Once there are lots of owners, stores will be able to buy more copies and reduce the price, but you don't order 10,000 copies of a game with a 0 user install base - you have to wait for the users to grow before you can make the big bulk buys

The games released on the 360 will not play on the One. If you were planning on keeping games to play on the One and selling your 360, don't. Keep your 360 to play those games. Will be the same with PS3 games and the PS4.

The games released on the 360 will not play on the One. If you were planning on keeping games to play on the One and selling your 360, don't. Keep your 360 to play those games. Will be the same with PS3 games and the PS4.
    What is this world coming into, some one should ought to tell then that this world does not belong to the rich and not everyone is filthy rich as them
    The ps4? can it play used games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

il_cattivo wrote: »

Jesus I hope that's a misquote! A 10 euro fee would be bad enough but to pay full whack would be ridiculous and I imagine a massive deal breaker. Even if a second person used the same xbox!

On the event itself, I didn't think it was particularly good.

Now I've never owned an xbox but I still have an interest in seeing what it can provide as healthy competiton to the market if nothing else. However some of the news did not sound good coming from that event.

At the moment I won't be getting one but I'll look forward to E3 to see what the exclusives they have as for me this is the most important thing with a console and why i'll pick up a PS4 and WiiU at some stage.

Anyway looking forward to see what's revealed by both Sony and Microsoft in terms of Price and Release dates.

COYVB wrote: »
    They always do with a new generation because the install base is lower.
    A tenner is one thing. That post suggested a thing like publishers would say "Oh look. They accepted 60. We can just up the price and get great sales again." Ridiculous. Prices don't accelerate like that.

• Advertisement

Dodo Bird wrote: »

Yes. Although there's likely a bit more to it. The Xbox One will play used games too - you just need to pay full price for the privilege

Yes. Although there's likely a bit more to it. The Xbox One will play used games too - you just need to pay full price for the privilege
    Bye Bye Xbox, Hello PS4
    I will be selling my xbox now :mad::(
    So disappointed.... I had good 6 years memory with xbox and now....

But one more thing Will they be selling xbox 360 games any more

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ryuji_w

gotta give him props for that

u0yuoXL.jpg

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    Bye Bye Xbox, Hello PS4
    I will be selling my xbox now :mad::(
    So disappointed.... I had good 6 years memory with xbox and now....

Why not just keep the Xbox 360 to play Xbox 360 games on it?

So MS are actually going to allow users to sell and trade their game licenses through the Xbox One, which is the first real positive I've seen so far

Goodnight GameStop

So MS are actually going to allow users to sell and trade their game licenses through the Xbox One, which is the first real positive I've seen so far

Goodnight GameStop
    I don't like Gamestop business practices, but I don't think their demise, ultimately would/will be good for the gamer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Did you guys see this?

gPUEPnQ.jpg

I don't like Gamestop business practices, but I don't think their demise, ultimately would/will be good for the gamer.

I believe the opposite, but perhaps I'm a little bit bias working in the industry. They've made their own bed here though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bit harsh comparing Crysis with COD but that Crysis character looks amazing. Scarily real.

I believe the opposite, but perhaps I'm a little bit bias working in the industry. They've made their own bed here though
    Ah, let me guess... You refer to online places like amazon and digital downloads.

Ah, let me guess... You refer to online places like amazon and digital downloads.

I refer to them in terms of what? I didn't refer to them at all :confused:

All I said was that I don't think GameStop going under after gouging billions a year from the industry as a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Apparently it needs an internet connection to work and dials home at least once a day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

What's left in Ireland? Smyths and Argos? Buying online will be the way forward.

Chinpool wrote: »
    Apparently it needs an internet connection to work and dials home at least once a day

It can be used offline for games that allow it, but devs are being pressured not to allow it, so it'll be sparse pickings for non-connected gamers id say (not that there are many of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It can be used offline for games that allow it, but devs are being pressured not to allow it, so it'll be sparse pickings for non-connected gamers id say (not that there are many of them)

Apparently not. It's the console that needs it
    http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

I refer to them in terms of what? I didn't refer to them at all :confused:

All I said was that I don't think GameStop going under after gouging billions a year from the industry as a bad thing
    Heh, I was about to post one thing, and then figured the reason for why you posted that was because of amazon and digital downloads. Ok, I'll clarify.

I was going to post, it isn't good to have Gamestop close down because it wouldn't be good for us to rely on Tesco to get in a wide variety of games. This has been posted several times as a reason for wanting Gamestop to stick around, even with bad business practices. I mean, what would the alternative to Gamestop be? They largely seem to be closed down.

What did you mean by saying you didn't think it would be bad for them to close down if not what I was thinking? Because if it wasn't that, I don't have a clue what you meant.
    What's left in Ireland? Smyths and Argos? Buying online will be the way forward.
    Yep, exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,371 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did you guys see this?

This is crysis 3 on my pc

http://i.imgur.com/E7w6hZb.jpg

Its like he's staring into my soul

You wont get that epicness on any console tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Via Major Nelson on used games issue...

http://majornelson.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-and-used-games/

Not really helping.