Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

neacy69 wrote: »
    Do we have any ideas of the Retals prices for either one yet?

Amazon list it as £600 (or ~€730) :o
    Zavvi have it for €500, though some of the papers said €350.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

mcgovern wrote: »

They have the ps4 up at the same, and as someone said on the ps4 thread this is more than likely them overestimating the price after they stung themselves by underestimating the WiiU price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

zero19 wrote: »
    I didn't think MGS 5 was going to be on xbox.
    How about the possibility of MGS 4 going to the One? The reason the legacy collection isn't going to the 360 is due to too much data it would take.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/404317/metal-gear-solid-legacy-collection-too-big-for-xbox-360-release-explains-kojima/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

If the PS4 allows headset compatibility i'll be buying that. I'm not giving Microsoft anything for their Xbox mONEy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People in different areas, countrys have different broadband speeds,
    and download limits
    eg australia the dl limits are very low.

AAA games like call of duty, assasins creed can,t be made that would depend on cloud processing to play the game .

THIS is a load of bs re using cloud processing for xbox 1 games.
    its like people who said in 2010 ,in a few years ,every game will be downloaded ,discs will be obsolete.
    i expect we will be using disks for another 10 years.
    I cant think of a way that cloud gaming could help on the xbox 1,
    apart from things like sharing maps ,or user created levels, characters,
    as in little big planet on the ps3.
    This would not be relevant for most games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

riclad wrote: »
    and download limits

AAA games like call of duty, assasins creed can,t be made that would depend on cloud processing to play the game .

THIS is a load of bs.
    its like people who said in 2010 ,in a few years ,every game will be downloaded ,discs will be obsolete.

I am calling from the future (or PC gaming as we call it), disks are obsolete. :)

IF you look at this thread title,
    this is in reference to xbox 1 consoles,
    i reckon we,ll be using disks for another 10 years,on console games.
    maybe even disks that hold more than 50gig .
    I,M aware theres a wide range of digital stores, eg steam on the pc.
    We may not be using blue ray disks,eg some other high capacity disk format

Would microsoft get more sales, or save money,
    buy just letting everyone download all games like on steam .
    I don,t think its practical at the moment to do this,
    i presume most xbox 1 games will be 30 gig plus in file size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

and download limits

Did you get an early view of the cloud processing system that's being touted?

NO,, i,m not an expert on cloud processing.
    I presume they,ll have an app for video uploading of gameplay ,
    to twitch ,youtube or some other website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

neacy69 wrote: »
    Do we have any ideas of the Retals prices for either one yet?
    mcgovern wrote: »
    Zavvi have it for €500, though some of the papers said €350.

The papers are closer to the price i have heard.

No way in hell would i pay £600 (€701 at today rates).. :eek:
    I won't go into details, but spend a bit more for a PC, and you have a much better piece of equipment.
    When it's launched, i'd say €700 would get you more.

TBH €500 seems a bit much also.

A quick google shows most results around £600. - A fool and their money etc..

God love the Parents that are going to be nagged into submission. I wonder will as many cough up this time.

I think they're all taking a leaf from Apple's book. Charge loads, and people will believe it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No, not at all. Even Sony and MS execs are saying their consoles will not be as expensive as the last generation due to the world market now.

Top end 360 system was €519 and top PS3 system was €639. Word is now that both systems will be cheaper than what came before.

You might say go for the PC option, fine. The best PC you could have got for €600 8 years ago would not play any of todays games on any settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

No, not at all. Even Sony and MS execs are saying their consoles will not be as expensive as the last generation due to the world market now.

Top end 360 system was €519 and top PS3 system was €639. Word is now that both systems will be cheaper than what came before.

You might say go for the PC option, fine. The best PC you could have got for €600 8 years ago would not play any of todays games on any settings.

I hope not. (They won't be as expensive).
    Top end 360 was €519 and wasn't a whole heap better than middle-of-the-road version.

I would only go for the PC option, if i was spending a bit more, (Maybe €1,000 or so altogether) but then i would have an upgradeable machine.

Equally, €600 for a PC 8 years ago, could be upgraded, but without upgrades, can still do many things that the Xbox can't.

Both have their advantages, both are suitable for different folks, but i just don't think you could drag me down to pay €700 for that xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

hi guys,does anyone know how to change background image on xbox360?

diceyd wrote: »
    hi guys,does anyone know how to change background image on xbox360?
    I couldn't remember myself, to be honest, so had to check. On the dashboard, go to Social. Click in to your own gamertag. You'll see Messages, Customize Avatar and Change Theme. There ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

NO,, i,m not an expert on cloud processing.
    I presume they,ll have an app for video uploading of gameplay ,
    to twitch ,youtube or some other website.

Then how can you come out with this?
    riclad wrote:

It makes you look as if you know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I couldn't remember myself, to be honest, so had to check. On the dashboard, go to Social. Click in to your own gamertag. You'll see Messages, Customize Avatar and Change Theme. There ya go.

cheers mate

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Then how can you come out with this?

It makes you look as if you know what you're talking about.

In all fairness, it's almost definitely bs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

The Xbox 360 was €400 euro at launch and ps3 was €600 don't know we're you bought your console but they screw you over.

rob808 wrote: »
    The Xbox 360 was €400 euro at launch and ps3 was €600 don't know we're you bought your console but they screw you over.
    Yeah, I got mine in March, and no way the price had dropped that much that quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

rob808 wrote: »

Not sure about the 360 but the PS3 was €630 (£415 at the time) in Ireland and £425 in the UK while most of the rest of the EU got either €600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Yeah, I got mine in March, and no way the price had dropped that much that quickly.

I buy my Xbox 360 at launch at Game it was €400 but when you add Xbox live €450 euro then dam thing die 6 month later haha and got ps3 at launch for €600 at Smyth toystore that last 1 year and about month so Sony were bad and had to pay 160 for refurbish ps3 .The good thing about Microsoft they fix 3 Xbox 360 for me free when I was out of warranty same cant be said about sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just got a flash email from amazon to preorder my Xbox one for 600 pounds sterling???????

BAHAHAHAHA now where did I put my laser debit ;)

And that's a price you should take as seriously as their release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

£600 is in no way true, that'd be a huge rip off on either console.

If the xbox and ps4 are going to be the same, or very similar in price, I don't see the value in the xbox. All it's TV features are US online and most will never arrive here because we're too small a market, so that's half the box you can't use. Plus you factor in the games and lack of forus on microsft's part there, and the weaker hardware.

I've got nothing on people who buy the xbox because they're both just plastic boxes at the end of the day but where on earth is the appeal in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

£600 is just a 'pick a high value out of the air' price from Amazon. Then, when the actual price is announced, they can drop it to that price and say "Hey, we've saved you £200. Good job you preordered!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If it comes in at around 400 euros, Id definitely pick it up. if its edging 500 I'd really have to think about it. If it works with my free to air satellite box, I'd make use of the features they've shown so far. It all depends on what games are coming out at launch though - COD is great and all, but I could still be busy with GTA V.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

If it comes in at around 400 euros, Id definitely pick it up. if its edging 500 I'd really have to think about it. If it works with my free to air satellite box, I'd make use of the features they've shown so far. It all depends on what games are coming out at launch though - COD is great and all, but I could still be busy with GTA V.

I'm not sure if it will work with free to air satellite boxes. My guess is they'll only go after the bigger companies like Sky or UPC, and I'd say it'll be 6months+ after launch until seeing any of these features reach Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm not sure if it will work with free to air satellite boxes. My guess is they'll only go after the bigger companies like Sky or UPC, and I'd say it'll be 6months+ after launch until seeing any of these features reach Europe.

Didn't someone too mention no current Sky or UPC box has hdmi-cec, meaning any One over here will have to use the much inferior ir blaster method of control?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

if it eliminates even one of the remote controls from my sitting room I'll be happy. at the minute theres one for the xbox, one for the tv, one for the set top box and one for a dvd player (which never gets used tbh). all in one remotes are grand but they dont always allow for full functionality. And sod law states that the one remote you really need is the one thats best hidden in the furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

if it eliminates even one of the remote controls from my sitting room I'll be happy. at the minute theres one for the xbox, one for the tv, one for the set top box and one for a dvd player (which never gets used tbh). all in one remotes are grand but they dont always allow for full functionality. And sod law states that the one remote you really need is the one thats best hidden in the furniture.

You need to Megatron it up

2472646119_3f731bb62e.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement