Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Otacon wrote: »
    Before the trolls have their day, what do Microsoft need to do in their conference to make you a future Xbone owner?

Make the price reasonable at the start. If its anything over 500 quid I'll be waiting till it drops.

Otherwise I'm all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

UNPRECEDENTED EXPERIENCE YOU GUYS

V5rYDOL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Otacon wrote: »
    Before the trolls have their day, what do Microsoft need to do in their conference to make you a future Xbone owner?
    I don't see myself buying either the One or PS4 at launch. As for the question, well the same as any new console ever. Great games. In the case of the One, it will need a lot of them to try to render the stupid policies they are taking less of an issue.

I don't care about driving games or sports games. I'm not going to say I don't care about shooters, as I am if it's something good, but something that is crappy same old isn't going to cut it. I think it will take some really good RPGs to make me interested.

Multiplat titles aren't going to win me over. Something that I can get on another platform isn't a win for any particular platform. For the most part, I'm not going to care about exclusive DLC. If something is being set aside for release as DLC, often it is because it isn't good enough for the main game. Not a rule, true, but it applies enough to make it a point.

TL:DR - Good games, damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

they need to confirm the price point and also the price point for buying games via digital download. I'm ready to embrace the future (a la steam) but I want there to be a definitive discount available. the so called sales on xbox live at the moment are ridiculous, 4 year old games for 20 euro, 99% of them can be found new online from the like of play.com for under a tenner for a physical boxed copy.

Quality games and content and ill be sold
    Same is true for PS4.
    Ill buy them both if they give me a reason to
    The sideshow about DRM and connections are not an issue for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

25 mins.......pizza time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OK Richard, you've drawn enough attention to yourself to get my notice. I've let a few comments go in recent weeks as you've otherwise been a good contributor. Please keep comments like this to yourself. Tks.

MS have approximately 60 minutes to get me back on board. So far, their marketing seems to have focused on the simple strategy of "If you are not in the US, go fcuk yourself, we don't care about your custom"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

FutureGuy wrote: »
    MS have approximately 60 minutes to get me back on board. So far, their marketing seems to have focused on the simple strategy of "If you are not in the US, go fcuk yourself, we don't care about your custom"

How so?

They're a US company who will always market towards the US whenever possible, but I don't see how they've said "If you are not in the US, go fcuk yourself, we don't care about your custom".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yeah, the last one had a real Zeb Colter feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

How so?

They're a US company who will always market towards the US whenever possible, but I don't see how they've said "If you are not in the US, go fcuk yourself, we don't care about your custom".

Anything revolutionary in the Xbox One thus far has been seriously aimed at the US market. Nobody outside of the US would even consider it an upgrade to the xbox 360.

• Advertisement

How so?

Quite simply, their global reveal of their console focused primarily on US-centric experiences, most of which are expected not to work in Europe on release day.

They stand to lose a lot of their European player base as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/10/microsoft-announces-kinect-sports-rivals-for-xbox-one/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

1 down, so far not impressed but expecting lots of these exclusives to be filler. Maybe it will surprise me and be a goty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

How so?

That's probably a little exaggerated but essentially when I hear about TV/Movie/Netflix/Hulu/etc services, I always assume that they will work perfectly in the US and will have a much more limited (if any) offering in Europe or other territories. If they really want to put all this emphasis on the console being a device that is an all-in-one home entertainment system, they would want to clearly demonstrate that all of these features will work globally. Otherwise, what they seem to be pushing as the main USP of the console essentially doesn't exist outside the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Anything revolutionary in the Xbox One thus far has been seriously aimed at the US market. Nobody outside of the US would even consider it an upgrade to the xbox 360.

The tv service is geared toward US market, as is the NFL stuff + the Halo paid for tv show will probably be US only for months.

Word is these 20 games incl. kinect games and 360 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

charlie intel just tweeted that the console is to release in november

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

can I have a workings stream please

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Headshot wrote: »
    can I have a workings stream please

http://ie.ign.com/events/e3

I thought Konami already had their conference?

Metal Gear looks epic

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Gametrailers seem to be a good bit ahead of IGN and the rest.

Varik wrote: »
    Gametrailers seem to be a good bit ahead of IGN and the rest.

My twitch is 5 seconds ahead of GameTrailers :)

was that a game or a Bond moive?

New 360 looks like a NAS.

Subscribers get free games, where did they think of that (PS plus)

Varik wrote: »
    New 360 looks like a NAS.

Subscribers get free games, where did they think of that (PS plus)

Yeah but ACII and Halo3 are pretty poor offerings.

World of Tanks. LOL

World of Tanks. LOL

I don't play the game but I do watch a few tank reviews as I think they're interest, but this is a game that is already reaching all those that want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

For Rome! TAKE MY MONEYYYYY

That button thing on Ryse, far to much of that tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

tooo much press this button!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement