Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

€499 :eek:

Stick it MS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How is 499 dollars the same as 499 euro.Piss off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

$499.99 = €377.10

Ar5eh0les!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

How is 499 dollars the same as 499 euro.Piss off
    It has always been that way. The dollar and euro price are always on par.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Titanfall looks decent, good thing its on PC too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

My dial up connection sucks. So does that price!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

500 notes...madness!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Titanfall looked the business it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Titanfall looks decent, good thing its on PC too.

It is? Just came on to post how I hate them saying ''exclusivly on X1'' Like they just did for Titanfall :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Its always been $=€

$499=€376.219 (xe.com)
    Ours includes VAT, theres doesnt so +23% (I think thats what VAT is now)
    €462.75. The dollar price still has to pay tax

Having the kinect in there is putting up the price by about 100 euro anyway, otherwise it would be quite reasonably priced for a new console. I'll be waiting for the slim version anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

There was a gasp from the audience when they announced the price. Overall the games visually dont look much better then the 360 or current gen, thus one wonders if these games were being developed for 360 and just ported to the One.....hmmmm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Wow, that was all very meh. Even if their goal was to make it as meh as possible, I doubt they could have crammed so much meh into it.

Well, except for the price, €500 is ridiculously high for this.

I think it was a pretty solid show, just not enough to make me get an Xbone.
    Especially the price.

Easy win for Sony if they announce around 400$

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I really enjoyed that. Thought Ryse, Forza 5, Battlefield and Titanfall looked epic, the games without gamplay looked promising too, especially a new Halo.

The price point is a bummer, at most I thought €449.99 considering the exchange rate, but it's not a deal breaker. Factor in that the console reveal didn't piss me off half as much as the rest of the internet and I think I'll be getting an Xbox One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

There was a gasp from the audience when they announced the price. Overall the games visually dont look much better then the 360 or current gen, thus one wonders if these games were being developed for 360 and just ported to the One.....hmmmm.

Were you watching on 240p?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

nothing there to persuade me to buy an X Bone, especially not for 500 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Have to say Titanfall had me worried but after that trailer it looks pretty darn cool, you can also see the cod influence and that jet pack could really be something special

Also how can a game be called exclusive when it will also be coming out on the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

PS4 pricepoint will be the exact same I'd say, if not higher

The only part that had me looking as my jawdropped was THE PRICE!

• Advertisement

I'll be very interested to see if the new 360 has a new motherboard/PCB revision, if the hardware is different....perhaps a die-shrink on the CPU/GPU........>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Impressive conference. In hindsight, saving all their games for E3 may have been a great move.

However, the pricing is way off. We're paying an extra €133 when compared to the US price. That needs to change IMO. A €400 price would be fairer IMO (still more expensive, but at least not a complete rip-off).

Still not interested in getting one because of the always online (based on both practicality and principle), but I think MS will have won over a lot of people today.

miralize wrote: »
    PS4 pricepoint will be the exact same I'd say, if not higher

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Sony learnt their lesson from last gen, this time around they are the humble party whilst Microsoft seem to be the more arrogant "we're #1" side. And the included Kinect sensor likely drove up the price.

On a related note but should be unrelated generally.
    Mountain Dew and Doritos are teaming up with Xbox to create an unprecedented experience
    Now they can watch you getting fat and creating an ulcer.

http://n4g.com/news/1277138/mountain-dew-and-doritos-are-teaming-up-with-xbox-to-create-an-unprecedented-experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

That was actually much better than the previous couple years at E3. Some good looking games being shown off but not really anything stand out for me bar maybe the Dead Rising exclusive but is that enough for me to get it over the competition? I don't think so.

500 Euro is also more than I was expecting. I would expect the PS3 to be priced similarly which will be disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The games looked pretty good overall. The biggest wow was the price, 500 bucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Any word on what the 'big surprise' they were going to announce for the Xbox 360 was? or is that to come later??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

cursai wrote: »
    On a related note but should be unrelated generally.
    Mountain Dew and Doritos are teaming up with Xbox to create an unprecedented experience
    Now they can watch you getting fat and creating an ulcer.

http://n4g.com/news/1277138/mountain-dew-and-doritos-are-teaming-up-with-xbox-to-create-an-unprecedented-experience

Using the new Kinect they can detect the precise moment you have a heart attack, and using Xbox Glass you can record the whole event and share it with your friends/doctors.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Crimson Dragoon was a nice surprise for me too - had no idea one was planned.

The price is very high though. I honestly expected around 400 which is what it should be on exchange rate basis. 500 is steep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Any word on what the 'big surprise' they were going to announce for the Xbox 360 was? or is that to come later??

They redesigned it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement