Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Crimson Dragoon was a nice surprise for me too - had no idea one was planned.

The price is very high though. I honestly expected around 400 which is what it should be on exchange rate basis. 500 is steep.

It has been said already but I will repeat it. The US price does NOT include tax. The euro price does. So the total price is much closer but still a bit more expensive here as is everything in Europe really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

€500 to much hope ps4 €450 or that a skip to think €500 plus €65 for games think next gen not worth it a gaming PC better value .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

ShaneU wrote: »
    They redesigned it

Again? Oh

Well least the free games might be half decent. Although I'd imagine quite a lot of people already own ACII and Halo 3

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

IngazZagni wrote: »
    It has been said already but I will repeat it. The US price does NOT include tax. The euro price does. So the total price is much closer but still a bit more expensive here as is everything in Europe really.

Nah fair enough - point taken. I just assumed it would be closer to 400 meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Every time they mentioned cloud computing, I got a nice, clear whiff of feces. But overall, they did what they promised and showed games. We will see if that was enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

stevenmu wrote: »
    Using the new Kinect they can detect the precise moment you have a heart attack, and using Xbox Glass you can record the whole event and share it with your friends/doctors.

Its at the stage now where satire is becoming more difficult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Did anyone notice the main character + his voice was based on Mark Paul Gosselaar, from Franklin & Bash.....re; Quantum Break.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Did anyone notice the main character + his voice was based on Mark Paul Gosselaar, from Franklin & Bash.....re; Quantum Break.
    I knew he looked familiar, hope Slater is the villain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'll be very interested to see if the new 360 has a new motherboard/PCB revision, if the hardware is different....perhaps a die-shrink on the CPU/GPU........>

Course it will

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Overall, most of the games looked pretty good. However nothing to gloss over all their other bullshit, and then there's the price.

Looking like a PS4 for me unless they royally mess up. Not at launch though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

500 euro

wow... just wow...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Would you buy at 450?.....personally unles it comes with a game bundle+3 months free xbone live....500 is a no go!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Personally its not the cost.
    Its the fact that its €499, $499 and they are not the same value!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

500 euro wouldn't put me off a console, its not nice, but given that I'd expect to use it for at least a couple of years I'd get over it. My phones last about 12 to 18 months and I'd spend the same amount. I'm still surprised its so high given the global economy. I've almost no interest in picking up the one now and while the price is a bit of a balls, it's the price of games that would stop me. I refused to pick up the 360 at launch because of the ridiculous price of games and this is looking like it could be the same. Amazon have now revised pricing to 55 sterling, which I'd say would be back in the 70 euro bracket here again. I wouldn't pay that without the draconian drm so there's no a hope in **** I'd pay with it included.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I wasn't gonna buy it anyway...

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

I don't think the price puts me off. It's the constantly connected to the internet, no backplay and no lending that puts me off.

Any link to some of the gameplay from the conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I missed the live video. Does anyone have a link to a replay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Not that bothered about the price seeing as i really doubt i'll get it but what pisses me off was how smug the guys on stage seemed..as if this ''console'' is a gift from god and millions will buy it straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIyVyH_Tr6o&feature=g-subs-u

For those who missed it.

It was far better than E3 last year and like they said it was all about the games and they were actual games, not kinect shovelware. I liked what I saw but I need to see if it is xbox exclusive out of just PS4 and XB1 or exclusive including PC. They were games I would buy if I had a XB1 but I wouldnt buy a XB1 for the games yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The way I look at it is. If you get it at launch at €500 that will be around for 8 years before it's replacement is due. Or you can wait for it's end of life, get it for €200 with 2 years left for replacement. Value for money.

• Advertisement

The way I look at it is. If you get it at launch at €500 that will be around for 8 years before it's replacement is due. Or you can wait for it's end of life, get it for €200 with 2 years left for replacement. Value for money.

Are you saying wait 8 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I think he's saying the exact opposite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I expected no less than 500 especially since it was coming with a next-gen Kinect as standard.

All in all, expect to drop around 700 on launch day for games and an extra controller.

The conference started poorly but picked up pace substantially. The ball is still in Sony's court imho.

Newaglish wrote: »
    I think he's saying the exact opposite.
    So wait 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Who says you'll use it all that time though? And the cost of Gold. Gold was a waste of money for me, I kept buying it but didn't play the console enough to justify paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

You're no doctor that is for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

So wait 2 years?

Oh sorry, I thought you made a genuine mistake originally. Now I see you're just acting stupid on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

So wait 2 years?

Oh dear :rolleyes:

Newaglish wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I thought you made a genuine mistake originally. Now I see you're just acting stupid on purpose.

Not acting. Genuinely couldn't make sense of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Just watching the replay of it now. Trailer for the first game, there's child soilders?

We'll have to shoot children?!

Weird!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement