Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    On the other hand, people simply can't understand the difference between goods and services. If you buy a car, you own it and can do whatever you want with it, as long as it respects the local laws. If you buy a service, you do not own anything - you bought the right to USE something.
    Eh, everybody understands that?!? I bought the right to use Super Mario Brothers 3 in 1990, I can still use it today. I dont have to check with Nintendo every 24 hours for ever and ever and ever if its OK with them that I still use it - that would be absurd, and frankly I wouldnt have bought it at all if that was the case. Just like I wont buy this.

I dont see why you would find that difficult to understand? Its totally changed the relationship between the gamer and his game library.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

In terms of this gen, I think XBL was the more reliable service, but I don't think it was worth paying for. Sony's service was great for a free service, and PS+ is amazing value.
    XBL on X1 will continue to charge 50$ a year offering the same system it does now.
    PS4 will require a PS+ membership for multiplayer, and only multiplayer (can still access media apps like netflix), and you'll get a lot of free games and discounts for being on PS+.
    You mean including their PS+ equivalent of getting 2 free games a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Jesus Richard, you're like a child with all of these jibes at Xbox. Down to the 'M$' reference. Your bias is painfully obvious.

Give it a rest.

Pushtrak wrote: »

These are on 360, not Xbone no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Pushtrak wrote: »

That is only from now until the launch of the X1. Though they may continue it afterwards. My guess its mainly to drum up support just before the launch of the console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

drumswan wrote: »
    These are on 360, not Xbone no?

They'll have to do something similar with Xbox One, I'd imagine. Might be hard for both Sony and MS without BC. The back catalogues of games to give away will be pretty small. I'd say the respective systems will be pretty **** at the start, due to a lack of availability of games to give away.

They'll have to do something similar with Xbox One, I'd imagine. Might be hard for both Sony and MS without BC. The back catalogues of games to give away will be pretty small. I'd say the respective systems will be pretty **** at the start, due to a lack of availability of games to give away.
    They dont have to do anything they dont want to, thats clear enough.

drumswan wrote: »
    They dont have to do anything they dont want to, thats clear enough.

But they're already doing it. Weird statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

jonny666 wrote: »
    The built in wireless on the newer machines was useless too

In what case? I'm using WiFi on mine for online gaming without any issues here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did modded xbox 360's really hit their pockets this much, that they have to do DRM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

In what case? I'm using WiFi on mine for online gaming without any issues here.

Never works for me. Always drops connection. Thought there was a wide spread problem with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Never works for me. Always drops connection. Thought there was a wide spread problem with them

Never had a dropped connection. Might just be me. I have the 360S

In houses where I had weak WiFi coverage I just bough a 25 euro tp link adaptor which extends the signal through the electricity lines in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

You wouldn't be with eircom are you ? With the Zyxel black modem ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Headshot wrote: »
    Did modded xbox 360's really hit their pockets this much, that they have to do DRM?

Piracy hit all consoles faily hard, Wii most of all though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cursai wrote: »
    Just checked my xbox live membership. Due to renew in a month and a half. Took my Credit card details off it.

Its these things that annoyed me so much with Microsoft, including microsoft points - having to spend more than you need, although they say points are gone with xbox1.and the small hard drive. initially not being about to expand it or use large external memory.
    I had already bought a ps3 before i got an xbox 360. Which i got for forty euro three years ago from a brother who had another one.

Sure as hell not going down this road again. Money grabbing at its lowest.

You were paying full whack for gold? :confused:

Sounds more like money giving than money grabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

F1ngers wrote: »
    You were paying full whack for gold? :confused:

Sounds more like money giving than money grabbing.

How do you not. What was the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Buy the memberships as discounted codes on the stickies in this forum. I've been paying about €40- €45 for 14 months of Live at a time for 2 years now with 12+2 month codes all legit.

Buy online from sellers or in bricks and mortar shops. Best deal I ever got was 12+2 from XtraVision for ~€35

Sounds great but. I dont use the xbox all that much. Only have it three yrs approx. And the last subscription automatically renewed so couldnt help that. Do remember getting a free month off some game though. Have a couple of two day sub codes on paper somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I get Gold free from Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

You wouldn't be with eircom are you ? With the Zyxel black modem ?

I am! I had problems with he older router too tho. I'm sure when I looked it up I seen load of people with the same problem. Maybe I'm mistaken tho. Was ages ago.

I actually ended up buying the power line connectors someone else was talking about and use em for Xbox. They're grat but a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

miralize wrote: »
    I dont like most of what Microsoft had to say about the One, but this online thing is really overplayed. I guarantee that most people have their current consoles connected to their broadband 24/7 anyway...

If your internet goes down, you can use your phone's hotspot feature to do the 24 hour check, then go back offline

But the point is, why do we have to continually check in? It's like MS assume we're all pirating scum unless we say "Hey MS, aren't I being such a good boy? Here, I'm checking in! Can I play this machine I paid €500 for now please?"

My phone doesn't have a hotspot feature, what do I do to check in?
    V9 wrote: »
    That isnt how it works. The reason for the 24 hour connection is, by their words, to check for updates for games/the system.

Their words are inane PR horse**** to be brutally honest. I haven't connected my 360 to the internet in about 6 months, and it's still working perfectly fine with new games, no system updates. If I want updates I can choose to connect it. If not, I can still play my single player games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Waste of time discussing it....i came here to roll my eyes, like this :rolleyes:

If you continue, you will get a ban from Xbox. Clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Jesus Richard, you're like a child with all of these jibes at Xbox. Down to the 'M$' reference. Your bias is painfully obvious.

Give it a rest.

Its quite annoying really.

People come here to find out more information, not people spouting juvenile ****e all the time.

Have to give Xbox credit for State of Decay. Released there last week. Excellent fun. Guess it a cheap version of the upcoming Dead Rising 3. Highly recommend it though!

Ok that's enough Richard. I have had enough of you and your clear Microsoft-bias. I've been keeping an eye on you in the weeks leading up to E3 and don't think for a second that you can get away with such posts if you post sensibly most of the time.

You are clearly a Playstation fan. Nothing wrong with that. You clearly do not like X1. Nothing wrong with that.

But you have clocked enough of, what I perceive to be, petty jabs at MS over the last while to force me to put you on notice. If you have a point to make, do so with constructive criticism or points to back it up. Starting thread to complain about a correct marketing move is silly.

Also, do not refer to Microsoft as "m$" on this forum.

Are we clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Note: This thread is for people who are interested in Xbox one and who would like to discuss the features.

Would like to have a normal discussion with people who are getting the console at sometime in the future.
    (If you are getting a ps4 only and you post in here why are people buying the Xbox kindly go start a different thread about it)

How will you choose between MS & Sony's new consoles? << For people who are not decided & would like to discuss how much ps4 is better than xbox one. (We know its cheaper and you can all hand each other games)

I'm a PC gamer but will eventually get the Xbox one sometime (& ps4), probably when the price drops.

What I like about the Xbox one
    - The live streaming twitch app.
    - Integrated Skype
    - Dedicated servers
    - The controller

So people who will eventually get it when the price drops or at launch what are you looking forward to the most? :)

to everyone else, if you have an issue with trolling or personal abuse, please use the report function to alert a moderator.

Back on topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Good stuff, I'd like to be able to simply discuss the Xbox One without all the fanboyism.

Another thing I've noticed is Turtle Beach have announced new headsets for Xbox One but not for PS4 as of yet:
    Turtle Beach Xbox One Headsets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved to Xbox Forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement