Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

top madra wrote: »

All I want to do is play 64 player battlefield, so I really couldn't care about the price of games because I won't be buying others.

That would be great. I remember years ago that would be the case when battlefield first started out. 64 people online and total chaos :) that was fun 24 people online seemed very limited when I got the Xbox.

I used to play some MMORPG's with thousands of people on. That used to be great. If only you could do that on the console

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

guy i know works in microsoft in sandyford industrial estate....

he said that we are being foolish to think sony wont follow suit in a few months with developers charging to activate used games...

he said fees will not be excessive and that the used game market is far from finished.. which is a positive for us xbox users...

i am yet again swaying to xbox... i trust the live service and have had years of fabulous gaming thanks to microsoft.....

Wait a sec, you are flying in the face of the sheer amount of negative press surrounding XBOne because a Microsoft employee told you that we are all foolish?

Does the sandymount facility have a brainwashing room?

Let it be said that I have never had a problem with a publisher taking a slice from second hand games. My problem is that I hate Microsoft's attitude and business plan for XBOne. I'm a customer, not a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I was very disappointed with the Xbox conference. I think they should have showed exactly what the console will be capable of in terms of being used as an entertainment system rather than just a games machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Felexicon wrote: »
    I was very disappointed with the Xbox conference. I think they should have showed exactly what the console will be capable of in terms of being used as an entertainment system rather than just a games machine.
    Not sure if serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Judging the Xbox conference alone I thought it was great. Judging both the conference and the console not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Judging the Xbox conference alone I thought it was great. Judging both the conference and the console not so much.

oh yeah the conference from microsoft was their best in years. no rappers or awkard children on stage is always a plus in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Not sure if serious.
    Yeah. For me a console is much more than just for games and I would have liked to see Microsoft pitching something towards me instead of their usual games based presentations

Yeah. For me a console is much more than just for games and I would have liked to see Microsoft pitching something towards me instead of their usual games based presentations

Did you not see their original reveal three weeks ago?

Did you not see the reaction the last time? And did you not appreciate the fact stuff they show will be US centric? They aren't going to show things that Ireland will be able to avail of specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

But that's what the first conference was for. They said beforehand that e3 would only be about games.

• Advertisement

Exclusives
    Below
    Crimson Dragon
    Dead Rising 3
    D4
    Fantasia: Music Evolved
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Halo
    Killer Instinct
    Kinect Sports Rivals
    LocoCycle
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
    Quantum Break
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    Sunset Overdrive
    Zoo Tycoon

And the rest
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty: Ghosts
    Carmageddon: Reincarnation
    The Crew
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Destiny
    Diablo 3
    Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Dying Light
    The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Evil Within
    FIFA 14
    Final Fantasy 15
    Just Dance 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Madden NFL 25
    Mad Max
    Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    Mirror's Edge 2
    NBA 2K14
    NBA Live 14
    Need for Speed: Rivals
    Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Project Spark
    Skylanders: Swap Force
    Sniper Elite 3
    Thief
    Titanfall
    Tom Clancy's The Division
    Trials Fusion
    UFC
    Watch Dogs
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Zumba Fitness: World Party

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They aren't going to show things that Ireland will be able to avail of specifically.

If they did that they would have nothing to show. Only the US get all the features due to licensing reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chiefohara05

It won't get much support in Australia

Online connection there is atrocious apparently.

Don't know about Brazil and Mexico, but from what i've been reading from all the hubris online connections are crap there as well

New Zealand is the same as Astralia i'd imagine.

Xbox One needs a 1.5mbps connection. So a lot of second world countries will be scuppered as well.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Xbox One needs a 1.5mbps connection. So a lot of second world countries will be scuppered as well.

Second world! You can include Ireland in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

It won't get much support in Australia

Online connection there is atrocious apparently.

Don't know about Brazil and Mexico, but from what i've been reading from all the hubris online connections are crap there as well

New Zealand is the same as Astralia i'd imagine.

1.5Mbps connection? Where did you read that? I havent seen that mentioned anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Exclusives
    Below
    Crimson Dragon
    Dead Rising 3
    D4
    Fantasia: Music Evolved
    Forza Motorsport 5
    Halo
    Killer Instinct
    Kinect Sports Rivals
    LocoCycle
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
    Quantum Break
    Ryse: Son of Rome
    Sunset Overdrive
    Zoo Tycoon

Surely there will be Gears of War 4.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

1.5Mbps connection? Where did you read that? I havent seen that mentioned anywhere

That was mentioned at some stage alright. But I think that was more in relation to the cloud/multiplayer sense than authentication. You could authenticate on dial up fairly easily.

Yeah, the 24 hour check up only uses a few kilobytes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Surely there will be Gears of War 4.....

The problem with that list is that it includes games which aren't going to be launch exclusives, for instance Halo probably won't hit until Autumn 2014!

If you are going to include exclusives like that, then you could add a massive list of likely upcoming exclusives for the PS4, e.g. sequels to Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Otacon wrote: »
    I smell something...
    take your finger out of your ass it might help:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

bk wrote: »
    The problem with that list is that it includes games which aren't going to be launch exclusives, for instance Halo probably won't hit until Autumn 2014!

If you are going to include exclusives like that, then you could add a massive list of likely upcoming exclusives for the PS4, e.g. sequels to Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, etc.
    I'd be careful about buying a console based on games that might be announced. Remember the Agent fiasco for the first few years of the PS3's lifespan? :o

The important point to note though is that that Sony have the first party studios in place which will delivery AAA, exclusive games to the platform over the next couple of years. This is something I felt MS failed at miserably this generation and while the formation of the likes of Black Tusk bodes well for the future, they still have a ways to go before they match Sony's offering both in terms of game studios and shared tech groups via the likes of their ICE team.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

beercr8te wrote: »

That was recorded before the PS4 conference. Still extremely arrogant thing to say.
    Anyone know if they've done an interview since the PS4 reveal? I've been looking for one but can't find any, but PS4 execs are doing interviews left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

RE: the 1.5MB/s thing, I'm almost positive they only mentioned it in one of their statements saying something like "The average connection speed in the world is 1.5MB/s".

Open to correction, but I think that's where that figure came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

That was recorded before the PS4 conference. Still extremely arrogant thing to say.
    Anyone know if they've done an interview since the PS4 reveal? I've been looking for one but can't find any, but PS4 execs are doing interviews left right and centre.

True, it was arrogant. I've owned Xboxes since day one and have a PS3 and have to say Microsoft have put me right off getting an Xbox one, I love the look of Titanfall and Ryse and am sickened I won't be getting a chance to play them. The PS4 is getting more appealing by the day.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    RE: the 1.5MB/s thing, I'm almost positive they only mentioned it in one of their statements saying something like "The average connection speed in the world is 1.5MB/s".

Open to correction, but I think that's where that figure came from.
    The original source was that Xbox Wire blog thing where they outed what was happening, but I couldn't find the original link with the info. Anyway, the average global was 2.9 MB/s.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20130606230302_Microsoft_Xbox_One_Will_Require_Online_Checks_Every_24_Hours.html

Edit: Original source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The original source was that Xbox Wire blog thing where they outed what was happening, but I couldn't find the original link with the info. Anyway, the average global was 2.9 MB/s.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20130606230302_Microsoft_Xbox_One_Will_Require_Online_Checks_Every_24_Hours.html

Edit: Original source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

Ah, never mind then. :o :P

beercr8te wrote: »
    True, it was arrogant. I've owned Xboxes since day one and have a PS3 and have to say Microsoft have put me right off getting an Xbox one, I love the look of Titanfall and Ryse and am sickened I won't be getting a chance to play them. The PS4 is getting more appealing by the day.

Well Titanfall is also coming to the 360 and PC so you could play it there. It has also been confirmed that it is a timed exclusive, so will likely come eventually to the PS4 too.

Reports from people who have played Ryse say it looks lovely, but the gameplay is pretty awful.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah, never mind then. :o :P
    Its cool. There's a heck of a lot to try and keep a handle of. Besides, the average speed isn't going to be a big consolation to people on the wrong end of the 1.5 MB/s requirement. Though, I guess the optimist in me hopes that this will be a justification for ISPs to up their game. We can hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 chiefohara05

Sorry was at work.

I saw it on Jim Sterlings twitter feed, A game journalist

Jim Sterling ‏@JimSterling 6h @KimStrandli That's not the point. Microsoft is naming 1.5mbps is the stated requirement for the Xbox One.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement