Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

no need to preorder by the looks of it

oh and 20 euro

Just have to contradict that one a tick Basher, though there isn't that many pre orders down for the One as there is for the PS4, the stock will go elsewhere if it isn't pre ordered for the specific store. Both of these consoles will launch with limited stock available as is always the case.

As for the One VS PS4 tripe, I'm gonna try in vain once more on this issue. Anybody currently playing the 360 who wants the One, is going to get it. Same for PS3 players who want the PS4. apart from trolling, what could anyone hope to achieve by w**king off the stats of either console at each other?

I'm getting the One, because I prefer MS as a company and I prefer they're exclusives. I'd never take it from Sony that when their machine pulled through (Uncharted etc) it was immense, but many factors just meant that I wasn't a fan enough to switch from 360. But I'm also not buying the One because of what the games will look like and how much more advanced the machine will be. I'm buying the One because there's some pretty deadly looking exclusives coming out for it, and their use of cloud storage intrigues me.

THAT. IS. IT

The fanboy flaming has always been irritating, but with the new console reveals you'd swear people were defending their children. Let it go!!

F**k it, thus pic sums up my thoughts on the issue perfectly:

no need to preorder by the looks of it

oh and 20 euro

Just have to contradict that one a tick Basher, though there isn't that many pre orders down for the One as there is for the PS4, the stock will go elsewhere if it isn't pre ordered for the specific store. Both of these consoles will launch with limited stock available as is always the case.

As for the One VS PS4 tripe, I'm gonna try in vain once more on this issue. Anybody currently playing the 360 who wants the One, is going to get it. Same for PS3 players who want the PS4. apart from trolling, what could anyone hope to achieve by w**king off the stats of either console at each other?

I'm getting the One, because I prefer MS as a company and I prefer they're exclusives. I'd never take it from Sony that when their machine pulled through (Uncharted etc) it was immense, but many factors just meant that I wasn't a fan enough to switch from 360. But I'm also not buying the One because of what the games will look like and how much more advanced the machine will be. I'm buying the One because there's some pretty deadly looking exclusives coming out for it, and their use of cloud storage intrigues me.

THAT. IS. IT

The fanboy flaming has always been irritating, but with the new console reveals you'd swear people were defending their children. Let it go!!

F**k it, this pic sums up my thoughts on the issue perfectly:
    Head-Bang.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

niallon wrote: »

THAT. IS. IT

F**k it, this pic sums up my thoughts on the issue perfectly:
    Head-Bang.png
    niall more than anyone I want to see xbox one done right..

I so desperately want Microsoft to tick the boxes. I just fear the ****storm that Microsoft have sprayed on the xbox one is like an infection that no antibiotic will cure.

I hate the fact that I have to go to sony but if the xbox doesn't have the numbers playing whats the point in buying one for gaming the likes of battlefield 4 etc.

what are the stats like in naas? how many preorders for both do you have??

niall more than anyone I want to see xbox one done right..

I so desperately want Microsoft to tick the boxes. I just fear the ****storm that Microsoft have sprayed on the xbox one is like an infection that no antibiotic will cure.

I hate the fact that I have to go to sony but if the xbox doesn't have the numbers playing whats the point in buying one for gaming the likes of battlefield 4 etc.

what are the stats like in naas? how many preorders for both do you have??

Without going into too much detail (NSA will forward my info onto Smyths who'll inform MS who'll have me lifted during the night) PS4 is winning but to be fair, we've been taking PS4 bookings since Sony's "reveal"

There will be a s**t storm, no doubt about it. MS will suffer in the first phase of sale and the PS4 will leap ahead. But I still maintain that, like they did charging for online play, MS have made a tough call here that all of them wanted to make and that policies like theirs will be commonplace for all machines soon enough.

People quickly forget too that Sony are in a fair bit of trouble as a company the last while and so any fan friendly feature, such as the ability to freely trade games, was always going to be adopted by them in order to sell stock. Simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Just saw this was uploaded... Had to post it first, though.

Nelson is a stand offish **** isnt he?

i wonder how they're going to handle CD Projekt red now that their founder isnt happy about the DRM and publicly stated as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Figured I should post this one too...

Without going into too much detail (NSA will forward my info onto Smyths who'll inform MS who'll have me lifted during the night) PS4 is winning but to be fair, we've been taking PS4 bookings since Sony's "reveal"

There will be a s**t storm, no doubt about it. MS will suffer in the first phase of sale and the PS4 will leap ahead. But I still maintain that, like they did charging for online play, MS have made a tough call here that all of them wanted to make and that policies like theirs will be commonplace for all machines soon enough.

People quickly forget too that Sony are in a fair bit of trouble as a company the last while and so any fan friendly feature, such as the ability to freely trade games, was always going to be adopted by them in order to sell stock. Simple as.
    in your opinion are sony playing clever clogs allowing ms take all the **** only to follow same route as ms in a years time and blame publishers and developers..

something has me questioning sony in a way I cant trust them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

There's that arrogance again, "are you involve in the development of the xbox?" "then how do you know its easy?" "are you a lawyer?"

This coming from the people that told me my xbox cannot be unbanned, four weeks later they mysteriously had the power give me back my service, back then I had the use of single player option....a mistake like that on the new xbox means I loose every game I have bought, including the use of single player, all my DLC's, plus a 500 euro paper weight.

Don't say it can't happen, because it has happened, only a year and a half ago......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Meanwhile, the PS4 ran on PS4s....

Oh... wait.

Actually all games shown at the Sony booth (and most third parties) were running on PS4 devkits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Actually all games shown at the Sony booth (and most third parties) were running on PS4 devkits.

Same thing..

• Advertisement

in your opinion are sony playing clever clogs allowing ms take all the **** only to follow same route as ms in a years time and blame publishers and developers..

something has me questioning sony in a way I cant trust them...

Whether they are or they aren't (I believe they are), the big issue I have here is that people are under the impression that Sony are staying away from DRM, the used debacle, always on, high price point etc because they CARE. No they don't. They are in trouble. An unsuccessful launch this year and they could be looking at dark days ahead for the Playstation name. So they give the people what they want, for now. You won't be signing a contract when you buy the console that states they can't introduce these measures at a later stage, and I'm not saying for certain they will, but they will certainly want to and have the option to.

And for clarity, I'm an xbox fab but not to the detriment of Sony, in fact I'm headed out to pick up the last of us later today. I appreciate and enjoy both companies products but just happen to prefer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

If that ever happens, I'm out. In essence, by supporting Microsoft and all thier policies and restrictions you risk it catching on. There is no benefit to you as the consumer so why would you ever let a greedy attitude and plan get a foothold?

It's exactly what happened to paying for online. Xbox fans were happy to pay €50 for things like cross game chat and so Sony having seen people were willing to do that have made PS+ mandatory. Baring in mind what PS+ offers you in return and just focusing on the basic online element, why should you pay for it when it's free on PC and even the Wii U?

You can like the console, and taking the console by itself it seems like a good console even, but anyone who complains about these policies becoming mainstream and only shrugs with a "ah sure, what can you do!" attitude and buys it regardless only has themselves to blame for it catching on. If the X1 doesn't sell because of all those restrictions that'll teach Microsoft to drop them. Simple as.

Your wallet is the only voice they hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its true. If you support companies that bring restrictive, non consumer friendly changes like Microsoft are doing with the Xbone then you are basically saying that its ok for a company to curtail your consumer rights. The xbone needs to be a massive failure to prevent other companies from trying more of this sh!t in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hardcore and loyal 360 fan here and I still will be when the XBone comes out but I'm switching to PS4, Mainly the console, price, restrictions and microsofts F You attitude.

watched a youtube clip last night and basically it was a guy saying microsoft will not get their policies re used games passed for the european market something to do with EU consumer rights laws....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Figured I should post this one too...

"It's in the cloud...that's the benefit..."

Oh fuck off. rolleyes.png

watched a youtube clip last night and basically it was a guy saying microsoft will not get their policies re used games passed for the european market something to do with EU consumer rights laws....

But surely they're exempt from blame if they're passing the buck to the third parties? This is the one thing that I don't back from their announcement, that they're just allowing the option as opposed to enforcing it.

Same thing..

No, it's not.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/14/ps4-games-demoed-on-ps4-dev-kits-says-blow-xbox-one-games-spotted-running-on-pcs-with-nvidia-cards-bodes-ill-for-launch/
    It is not true as the article says that “all E3 demos run on hi-end PCs”. The Witness was running on PS4 dev hardware, and it looked to me like all the other PS4 games were running on dev kits as well.

Dev hardware is the hardware that will be in the final retail box, but in a less consumer-oriented package.

Dev kits almost always have more RAM yeah. Better CPU+GPU, no…

All the indies I know were running on the PS4.

We worked very hard to get our game running on the actual PS4 hardware and operating system in time for the show. As did many other devs.

I don't understand, the point that you bolded proves my point. A dev kit is a PS4 in a less consumer oriented package.. same thing. Its much better than running on extremely high end PCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Bear in mind that the game was Lococycle, a XBLA for the 360 and One, that demoing with a "3x more powerful" system would make no difference on.

It's impossible to say which demo's at E3 were on what hardware, for both PS4 & XB1, and this far out from release makes no difference.

• Advertisement

I don't understand, the point that you bolded proves my point. A dev kit is a PS4 in a less consumer oriented package.. same thing. Its much better than running on extremely high end PCs.

I have no idea what your first post was trying to point out if you're now saying this....

I have no idea what you're first post was trying to point out if you're now saying this....

Pushtrak said they ran on PS4s, you said that they didn't, they ran on Dev kits, and I said a dev kit and a PS4 is the same thing.

Pushtrak said they ran on PS4s, you said that they didn't, they ran on Dev kits, and I said a dev kit and a PS4 is the same thing.

His post ended with an "oh.. wait"

Which on the internet is usually a clear sign of sarcasm.

His post ended with an "oh.. wait"

Which on the internet is usually a clear sign of sarcasm.

My bad so, I misinterpreted it his post.
    We're on the same page so.

But surely they're exempt from blame if they're passing the buck to the third parties? This is the one thing that I don't back from their announcement, that they're just allowing the option as opposed to enforcing it.
    its messy but European law apparently could be a stumbling block for drm

ld on in fairness its a photo nothing says those pics represented high end gaming consoles. also reeks of fanboy no images of sonys stand posted just a troll throwing **** at Microsoft imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rascasse wrote: »
    The camera isn't always on and connected to the internet. The microphone will be listening, but only for a specific phrase ("Xbox on" or something) and it too won't be connected to the internet unless you tell it to do something that requires internet access.

So you mean Gaming on the xbox one?.. the main thing it's designed for.. because that needs you to be online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Given what we know, anyone choosing the X1 over the PS4 is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

If you get banned on the X1 you lose all access to every game you own, even singleplayer games. How nice..

fWpJY1n.jpg

People who cheat should definitely be punished, but they paid money for those games and they shouldn't be allowed to just take all of them away. Another reason why physical is better than all digital.
    Engadget wrote:
    Major Nelson takes Xbox One questions, says banned users will 'absolutely not' lose games
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/15/major-nelson-takes-xbox-one-questions-says-banned-users-will-a/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ld on in fairness its a photo nothing says those pics represented high end gaming consoles. also reeks of fanboy no images of sonys stand posted just a troll throwing **** at Microsoft imo.

In fairness, no one needs to go out of their way troll MS, they've provided plenty of ammo for that themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement