Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Or fans of Halo, GOW etc. Different strokes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

halolma wrote: »
    Xbox One has the power of the Cloud too.. and MS are looking to build to the future.

PS4 can use cloud gaming too
    Also you do now know you pay to play online for the PS4, no more free online gaming.

Except with PS+ you'll get free PS4/PS3/Vita games every month too instead of Xbox's offering of just one.
    Pre-owned games can be sold, BUT again its up to the publishers to charge a price or not, not Microsoft.

The person you are selling to must be on your friends list for 30 days in order to do so (AFAIK)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

As a matter of interest, has anyone on here pre-ordered yet? I have, and I'm fairly confident I'll be in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

As a matter of interest, has anyone on here pre-ordered yet? I have, and I'm fairly confident I'll be in the minority.

Pre ordered it last week in gamestop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

I have it preordered. Still unsure whether ill go through with it yet or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I know lots of you want to get a One, but I really think ye should hold off a bit, and not get it day one. Would be great to see low launch sales mean they cut out the 24 hour thing, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I know lots of you want to get a One, but I really think ye should hold off a bit, and not get it day one. Would be great to see low launch sales mean they cut out the 24 hour thing, for example.

I'd imagine the 24hr thing is here to stay, I can't see how they can operate the game lending system without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Tbh I don't want them to stop the 24 hour check. That 10 people family thing intrigues me. Means I can connect to 10 of my mates and we can share games between us without having to lend a disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Tbh I don't want them to stop the 24 hour check. That 10 people family thing intrigues me. Means I can connect to 10 of my mates and we can share games between us without having to lend a disk.

Out of the 10 people, only two people can access the library at the same time.
    Its still a cool system, but its not worth it when you consider everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Out of the 10 people, only two people can access the library at the same time.
    Its still a cool system, but its not worth it when you consider everything else.

Depends on the circumstances. To me, it works out for the better, and not really bothered weather its two people or one. As long as you can play them, I'm sure agreements can made on times :) and two is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

is it just me

or is nearly 90% of games shown at e3 were all open world games? :L
    im not complaining but my god there will be alot of game hours put in to all them

I'm looking forward to an open world tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

360 consoles sell 1000s of units per month,
    theres loads of games out for it,
    there,ll be games released for it for at least the next 2 years.
    There,s no 24 hour check on it ,and you can swap games.

The ps2 was sold for years after the ps3 came out.
    MANY games cod ghost,titanfall will be released on 360 and xbox one.
    WE are in a recession, many people will just choose the 360, which does,nt require an internet connection.
    I VIEW it like an iphone, its a great device, but expensive, but most people end up buying a 100 euro phone.
    Look at halo 4, there,s still great games coming out on the 360.
    ALL this info re nsa, getting info on american tech companys ,
    does not encourage the public to buy a console connected to the internet.
    Right now ,most games are released on ps3 and 360 consoles .
    MS have only a small no exclusive games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Microsoft defends Xbox One $500 price point--"We're over-delivering value"

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-defends-xbox-one-500-price-point-were-over-delivering-value-6410352

Seriously, what is going on with the PR over there..

As has been pointed out, it's cheaper than the latest smart phones, for example. The price point isn't nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

i have 2 theories

sony tampered with the water in seattle
    or
    MS hired PS fanboys to design and market the console

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

As has been pointed out, it's cheaper than the latest smart phones, for example. The price point isn't nuts.

Its not.. when you compare it to phones.

When comparing it to this generation of consoles it is though. Especially when costs could have been cut with the Kinect etc...

miralize wrote: »
    Its not.. when you compare it to phones.
    Sim free Samsung Galaxy S4 costs in excess of 600 euros from what I know. So, yeah, when you compare it to phones. Unless you want to compare to bill phone which is apples and oranges, as one has a contract the other doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sim free Samsung Galaxy S4 costs in excess of 600 euros from what I know. So, yeah, when you compare it to phones. Unless you want to compare to bill phone which is apples and oranges, as one has a contract the other doesn't.

Comparing a phone to a game console in the first place is apples and oranges tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Comparing a phone to a game console in the first place is apples and oranges tbh...

Exactly. It's cheaper than a new bmw 3 series. It's cheaper than a macbook pro.
    There's only 1 thing to compare it to, and it's $100 more expensive than it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's cheaper than my DSLR too....but lets compare the price to similar products, not just any random product that's more expensive :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Pretty much covers must of the concerns people have regarding Privacy with the kinect, DRM, sharing etc.Worth the read
    http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 deadeye940

In everyones opinion, what is going to be the best and worst feature to the xbox one?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Best: That family members thing that allows you to play other people's library of games. Need more information on it though.
    Worst: Probably the bundling of Kinect especially if it doesn't get used decently by a lot of games. The DRM (online check-in and activation of games) is kinda needed for the above so can't really include that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Best: This cloud power they keep going on about. Looks like it will be good for single and multiplayer games.

Worst: Having to check in online every 24 hrs/ having Kinect hanging out of the system all the time.

Agree with the kinect being bundled. Only game I saw that really had a good feature for it was dead rising 3. having to be quiet or the zombies will hear you seems like a really good feature

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

deadeye940 wrote: »
    Agree with the kinect being bundled. Only game I saw that really had a good feature for it was dead rising 3. having to be quiet or the zombies will hear you seems like a really good feature

That actually sounds really annoying. I'd just disable the Kinect or cover the mic for that.

It does sound annoying, but depending on how it is done, could make the game experience interesting. But if any noise can trigger it, then ya, will be pointless to play because there is always some sort of background noise. I have a current kinect, but only used it once for madden, and that was horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Lancer89

You can't share games, or buy pre-owned games, you must be connected to the internet... This is going to kill xbox's following from alot of the financially stricken students. And the PS4 will be cheaper too?
    I'll be sticking with my 360 thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement