Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You're very quick to change your tune. Still nothing confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

All the people firmly in the "It wouldn't be the first time Microsoft dragged gamers kicking and screaming in to the future" camp must be mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Ok, if this is true, has Microsoft closed the gap enough to change the publics mind? I think if they drop the price to 450 or so they might.

Yeah, on reddit all the X1 supporters were saying that Sony were sticking in the past whereas MS were innovating. Will be interesting to see how that side reacts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I for one still wouldnt go near it, the ****ing nerve of them to trying to implement it in the first place pisses me off

Bunch of liars too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Heh, commenter on the IGN article:

"Xbox 180 confirmed"

I LOL'd. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I hear they are renaming the console the Xbox 180............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Yeah, on reddit all the X1 supporters were saying that Sony were sticking in the past whereas MS were innovating. Will be interesting to see how that side reacts now.

I see youre lucking in the Xbox one reddit :D

find any gems yet?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Heh, commenter on the IGN article:

"Xbox 180 confirmed"

I LOL'd. :P

I LOL'd more at the gif...

K1ifI.gif

NTMK wrote: »
    I see youre lucking in the Xbox one reddit :D

find any gems yet?:pac:

That place is the most stubborn place ever, I don't know why I venture in there.
    Its worse than all the love for the PS4. Its basically anybody who is in support of PS4 over X1 is called a 12 year old boy that is a sheep/hivemind, nobody is allowed to say anything about the PS4 or anything critical about the Xbox 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Things just got interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Things just got interesting.

They certainly have. I for one am delighted.

Now to wait for the actual changes and see if it will please the masses.

That place is the most stubborn place ever, I don't know why I venture in there.
    Its worse than all the love for the PS4. Its basically anybody who is in support of PS4 over X1 is called a 12 year old boy that is a sheep/hivemind, nobody is allowed to say anything about the PS4 or anything critical about the Xbox 1.

that was seeping into boards too.
    now i freely admit i've **** on the Xbone harder than most to the point the i could've been accused of being a sony fanboy but if the restriction are gone its prob the console ill go with

Every single reddit is a hive mind its a horrible place to have a discussion really

got one being upvoted too
    The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc." THANKS FOR THE TIME MACHINE BACK TO THE ****ING 90'S. SERIOUSLY, **** MICROSOFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

If it's true then I will applaud MS for listening to the consumers and taking a sensible course rather then sticking with a stupid policy and trying to "educate" the customers.

More then that it's good to see people stand and be heard when a big company tries to shove shít down their throats. Although I'm sure sure Sony helped :pac:

I'm still not particularly interested in buying an Xbone because of the contempt that MS has shown coming up to this. However if they show that they can stick to this change then I might get one in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Here it is.
    Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

And, the family sharing plan is gone. The only good thing about the Xbox one.
    Now its just 100$ more, and less powerful so PS4 will still be my choice, but they've definitely re-entered the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Sweet, Forza here I come! :D

crazy stuff man, epic facepalm moment for Microsoft.....fanboys rejoice!....the interwebs won!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

It was more of a case of "We would have been absolutely goosed if we didn't change our policies" rather than taking users' feedback into account. But in fairness, let's be thankful that they did actually change it and didn't have the arrogance to go to market with the console the way it was. Credit is due in that respect.

But I sense for many, the damage is already done. Those who were on the fence may have already being swayed towards Sony after E3. Having Exec after Exec come out and manage to say the total wrong things at the wrong times didn't help either. Trying to recapture that market may prove more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I thought it was gonna be hard to shake the name Xbone, but its gonna be Xbox 180 from here on in!

Sony announce eye camera free with every PS4 + Call Of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4....price $399.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

If this is true, its great news and it does show the power consumers have when they complain on mass. My only concerns now is the privacy issue, and the fact that one U turn can be followed quickly by another down the road as mentioned above. I will watch this space with interest.

NORTH1 wrote: »
    If this is true, its great news and it does show the power consumers have when they complain on mass. My only concerns now is the privacy issue, and the fact that one U turn can be followed quickly by another down the road as mentioned above. I will watch this space with interest.

if they do U-Turn again later we can call it an xbox 360 at the very least

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

And, the family sharing plan is gone. The only good thing about the Xbox one.
    Now its just 100$ more, and less powerful so PS4 will still be my choice, but they've definitely re-entered the game.

Yeah that definitely sucks, it was one of the best features.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Dman001 wrote: »
    But I sense for many, the damage is already done. Those who were on the fence may have already being swayed towards Sony after E3. Having Exec after Exec come out and manage to say the total wrong things at the wrong times didn't help either. Trying to recapture that market may prove more difficult.

I think they're going to have a tough time but I think it's now more akin to the PS3. It's going to be a slow start for them but if they work hard then I can see them keeping up. Prior to this I would have said they were FUBAR.

They've done something to bring back the customers but now they need to court the indies and other interesting devs. It's tough to sell a console when half the exclusives for your console are Kinect shovelware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Orim wrote: »
    I think they're going to have a tough time but I think it's now more akin to the PS3. It's going to be a slow start for them but if they work hard then I can see them keeping up. Prior to this I would have said they were FUBAR.

They've done something to bring back the customers but now they need to court the indies and other interesting devs. It's tough to sell a console when half the exclusives for your console are Kinect shovelware.
    Very true, I can see them chasing Sony for this generation, at least until the mid-cycle price drops

I've got to hand it to the Xbox fans, on the Xbox One subreddit most of them are pretty disappointed this happened because they lose their family sharing plan.
    At least they're sticking to their guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭TNT2k_

Fantastic if true. They would have been complete idiots (still think they are to have even thought this up in the first place tbh) to have gone through with this.

Great for us all that this DRM shite is (supposedly) dead! :D

Not enough to sway me to buy the X1 though, seeing as how it's weaker and more expensive, but still!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I hear they are renaming the console the Xbox 180............:D

Ba dum dish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement