Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's kinda cool how made them completely change their mind set on their product through social media and with our wallets.

The extra €100 was always my biggest problem with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

It's good news for gamers and better news for GameStop, but the most important news is the BALLS it took for the High and Mighty to climb down and eat humble pie. Heads may roll but at least they do listen to the little people now and again. They will hardly drop the price by €100 as well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

madcabbage wrote: »
    Does this change anyone's mind based on this news? Who would want to buy this with that f-ing around going on! Never a good thing to do business wise.

It has changed my view somewhat.

Before, I was in no way ever going to buy it.

Now, I'd consider buying it further into the generation. I'll still get a PS4 at launch because they want to go down this route whereas MS are more or less being forced down it grudgingly.

But fair play to MS for listening. Personally, I think they went a little too far with getting rid of the DRM completely, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

It was a massive con for many..as this uturn undeniably confirms. As it was a con, a negative aspect, how can you claim it was donkey bollox :P seems kind of ridiculous to ignore such an issue just because a minority didn't consider it a con...thank fck people did speak up, now the PS4 is a little bit less better :cool:

I feel a need to address "Donkey Bóllocks-gate" :-P I meant that in relation to the used games side of things being used so vehemently, not in reference to the actual feature. Yes even I was a little concerned that they were going slightly too far. But I knew something had to be done.

What was annoying me was that it became the sole focal point. Fair enough, it was a big issue to many, but to regard it as THE reason to mot get an XBOX ONE just didn't make sense to me. I know I'm in the minority but I'm just happy the conversation can now shift back to which machine is providing the best exclusives, best design, best content etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It has changed my view somewhat.

Before, I was in no way ever going to buy it.

Now, I'd consider buying it further into the generation. I'll still get a PS4 at launch because they want to go down this route whereas MS are more or less being forced down it grudgingly.

But fair play to MS for listening. Personally, I think they went a little too far with getting rid of the DRM completely, but that's just me.

It's changed my view too, before I was definitely going to buy it, now I'm more lukewarm.
    They just need to drop the mandatory kinect to put the final nail in the coffin and turn it into a 360 v1.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hopefully they won't be stepping back on the likes of the 300000 servers that were promised.

I acrually think its a pity. We'll never know what could have been achieved if they cut back on features like forzas driveatar.

Oh, and lets see how long it takes for online passes to make a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

niallon wrote: »
    It was. If someone didn't like the old policy, that's fine. They didn't have to hop into every forum where people wanted to discuss the console and whinge about how this and this is a reason the PS4 is better. It's not.

It may be, to those people, a reason why the XBOX ONE isn't good, but they don't by proxy make the PS4 better.

A bit hypocritical there. Whatever console is "better", is purely down to what the individual user wants. Personal taste. And the vast majority prefer the PS4 system of sharing games. And yes, if you don't like one console, the other one is "better"! It's not that big a deal!
    And to not expect people to talk about negative points on the console (or "whinge" as you call it!) is a bit naive. People are going to bitch about the cons of each console, and rightly so. That bitching and whinging has worked, because microsoft have changed their stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

They're not rumours, MS have confirmed them and have said they are happy with it and won't remove it.
    Where have you been for the past three weeks? :pac:

Won't remove them eh ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

podgemk wrote: »
    Won't remove them eh ??

What I said was true. MS are the ones you need to point the finger at not me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

I don't think we will have a problem with online activation with the Xbox one. Playstation absolutely destroyed Xbox so far in the console wars and I think Xbox's only viable next move is to say that all the "always on" rumours weren't true and you can play your games offline, even if they were intending on implementing always on. However no used games or used games plus a certain fee doesn't bother me as I only bought 2 used games in the whole lifespan of the 360. It will be interesting to see what they say in the near future.

Called it

• Advertisement

Called it

From your post it sounds like you didn't know it was confirmed. You're still claiming it was a rumour and that MS would debunk the rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Disappointed that now I'll need to have the disk in it to play games but now I'll be able to find older games I will miss out on in the future. Now my only problem is the 100 extra for a kinect I dont want but maybe with everyone having a kinect will mean developers will use it.

It closes the gap for me but I will just buy a new graphics card and CPU and enjoy titanfall and destiny (i hope) until more exclusives and new models of the consoles are released

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

niallon wrote: »
    Above all else though, finally the pre orders can be judged just based on what people like the look of from a gaming and tech POV.
    To a point. Though, lets face it, how clued in is the average gamer going to be on this for the foreseeable? We still have lots of people who post on boards who regurgitate the "kinect can not be turned off" thing when it has been posted a lot that this isn't the case. What can we infer from people who don't follow games that closely? And yes, there are people who'd fall in that category but still buy early... Even possibly at launch.
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Does this change anyone's mind based on this news? Who would want to buy this with that f-ing around going on! Never a good thing to do business wise.
    The 24 hour online thing while not eliminating my possibility of buying it was just a further factor that would have more in terms of quantity and quality than in its absence. It was a penalty, and they needed to sweeten the pot if they had it.

Neither system has me won in terms of exclusives yet, but the multiplat tiles have me very interested. I expect both will impress me with exclusives in the fullness of time, and I'll own all three consoles as I can afford it in terms of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Disappointed that now I'll need to have the disk in it to play games but now I'll be able to find older games I will miss out on in the future. Now my only problem is the 100 extra for a kinect I dont want but maybe with everyone having a kinect will mean developers will use it.

You can still buy digital if you don't want to use the disc because they still say that games will be available digitally from day one.

I don't know how anyone can be disappointed as this is just giving additional choice rather than restricting us to a particular way of using games.

Orim wrote: »
    You can still buy digital if you don't want to use the disc because they still say that games will be available digitally from day one.

I don't know how anyone can be disappointed as this is just giving additional choice rather than restricting us to a particular way of using games.

The game sharing feature is the only feature that actually appealed to me and thats gone. Basically it is a weaker, more expensive PS4 with an intrusive camera that nobody wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

still won't be buying an X Bone, the trust is gone, so can't trust that they won't reintroduce DRM or always on next year, which has been clearly been shown not to be in any way hardware related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Orim wrote: »

But will the digital versions be reasonable in price? On the 360 they are nowhere near that and the 3DS charges 5 euro more for digital which will pretty much be a similar model to how the xbox1 will be. I would love to be wrong but wont get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The new updates make it way more appealing. . I am still going to hold out for a while though .

But will the digital versions be reasonable in price? On the 360 they are nowhere near that and the 3DS charges 5 euro more for digital which will pretty much be a similar model to how the xbox1 will be. I would love to be wrong but wont get my hopes up.

Some decent deals recently, I Max Payne 3 for a fiver a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

As if they didnt know all of this before they launched it. The fact is they have no respect for the consumer and tried to do whatever they wanted. The only reason they have made this u-turn is due to the fact they have realised their sales figures are going to be hammered. Its all just spin, trying to put it across like "we listened to your feedback, we value your opinion." The only thing they value is your cash and they got scared.

I know where I will be telling them to shove their XboxOne!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Still getting a Playstation 4 at launch, but who knows..maybe a year or two down the line (Whenever the price drops to a reasonable amount) I might look into it.
    But again for now it's Ps4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Great news, Xbox One - Day 1 buy for me :)

It will be really interesting to see the effect this announcement has on sales. There goes PlayStation's unique selling point in the next gen battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 User2611

I read they only say this outragous crap is going to be on xbox one to make people talk about it, look it up, etc. And then people find out the new cool stuff it can do. Then when we hear that they're taking out the bull, people are like "wow, i'm buying that!".
    Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

What a hilarious spin they've put on it. They actually tried to make it sound like the original changes they were introducing were for the good of the people.

They listened alright, listened to everyone saying they were going to buy a PS4. Not a hope they would have made this u-turn if they were the only high end console in the market.

They've been caught being greedy. They make so much money already, so much money its not even funny and they went after the penny's by trying to prevent selling/trading of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

They were bad for doing it, they are bad for changing it. They'd have been bad if they didn't change it. I'm thinking some people are happiness averse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Fair play is all I say, usually these companies don't listen. Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Still getting a Playstation 4 at launch, but who knows..maybe a year or two down the line (Whenever the price drops to a reasonable amount) I might look into it.
    But again for now it's Ps4 for me.

And you came to say this here because you though it would be relevant to the Xbox one?

Hooray for faster horses!
    Now there are two faster horses to choose from.

Imagine if the internet was around in Henry Ford's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

And you came to say this here because you though it would be relevant to the Xbox one?

cause hes getting a ps4 mannnn
    yannooooo he sooo coooolllll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Well, he is saying that regardless of the announcement, its not enough to make him change his mind. So it is kind of relevant. Kind of

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement