Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Phone Scam??

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭

Got a call today from 00441530561769 offering me a refund from IBRC (formally Anglo). I know this company owes everyone in this Country a lot of money but I'm not convinced I'm the lucky one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Obviously if someone phoned you offering money you weren't owed it's a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I love the fact we're now the Nigerian General.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Obviously if someone phoned you offering money you weren't owed it's a scam.

why do people keep asking these questions when they know the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

Maybe to alert people? The craic of it? Or maybe to post comments on boards is the point of the site in the first place? Anyway sorry for offending thee...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I love the fact we're now the Nigerian General.

I received an email from Squire Hockey's widow several years ago offering a substantial fee for assistance squaring away some of his, uh, assets. Got something similar about Bertie more recently.

We're a training facility for Nigerian generals.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't a Consumer Issue. Closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement