Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good VW Indi Galway

Options
  • 06-02-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Im looking for a good Independent Garage/Mechanic to do fault reading on a 06 VW Golf, at a best price. I have an intermittent yellow icon appearing, EPC, and sometimes the engine icon. There's no pattern, it can disappear unexpectedly only to reappear. Any advice or link appreciated

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ask around for anyone with a VagCom system. They could read your fault codes. At least then you'd know where you stand. Ive one, and I'm down in Galway on the 23rd I think. I might even have an hour or so to spare.

EPC and Engine lights dont sound promising though. Does the car feel like theres something wrong with it? Low on power etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭iognaid

Thanks for reply, and offer of help to read fault.
    No the car drives perfectly. It's only got 60k kms done.
    No shortage in power or engine running. Will go about investigating anyway,but it's erratic, impossible to predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

I'm around the city at the weekend if you need to see what faults are logged....pm me if you want to get it plugged in.

I meet up with iognaid this evening and we picked up 17987 - Throttle control unit; adaption not started - Intermittent in the engine ecu.

Going by Ross-tec this fault is related to the Throttle Body Alignment.
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17987/P1579/005497

iognaid said that the accelerator pedal was replaced about 2 years ago so would this fault be generated from replacing the accelerator pedal back then..?

I think the solution is to carry out the procedure for readapting the throttle body with Vag-com....e.g.
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Throttle_Body_Alignment_(TBA

Whats your thoughts on this fault and will readapting the throttle body sort
    out this problem..?

Thanks.

(Its a 2006 1.4 Bca petrol Golf)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

What did you use to scan it?

• Advertisement

What did you use to scan it?

I used Autocom George...I also have vas5054 also but need to reload on the Vw software....:o
    Whats involved in re-adapting the throttle body with Vas..?
    Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement