Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I dump my landline when I get fibre bb?

• 06-02-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

Am I reading right in that I can dump my landline when I get fibre bb? every little helps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

AFAIK Your phone line will be disconnected when FTTH FTTC will be connected to your house. Eircom will use VOIP to supply 'phone service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I think VOIP will only be used with FTTH. Copper is still entering your home with FTTC. The technology just means they can offer 50Mb over copper between your house and the cabinet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

as a follow up, when. if ever, I get switched to Fibre can I still use my existing phone set up? Its a siemens wireless system. Base is plugged in to eircom master socket and then 4 other phones are fed by base wirelessly.

Is it just a case of plugging tel cable into new modem/router and use VOIP?

or Can I keep old phone setup and just have fibre?

Its not very clear at the moment and as I am with VF its not clear at all at all?

gbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Vico1612

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    as a follow up, when. if ever, I get switched to Fibre can I still use my existing phone set up? Its a siemens wireless system. Base is plugged in to eircom master socket and then 4 other phones are fed by base wirelessly.

Is it just a case of plugging tel cable into new modem/router and use VOIP?

or Can I keep old phone setup and just have fibre?

Its not very clear at the moment and as I am with VF its not clear at all at all?

gbc

base will most likely connect to the new gateway / modem

Advertisement