Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone Probem

• 06-02-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

i have a problem with my iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 jailbroken

I want to update it to 6.1 now that it's jailbroken but when i connect it to my laptop/HTPC it is not being recgonized in windows... it's begins to charge when i plug it in but nothing's showing up..

What i've tried..
    • Uninstalling iTunes and re installing
    • manually adding the apple mobile driver
    • made sure it was running as a service

i need to backup some files (can't be done through itunes/iCloud) onto my laptop before i update or put it into DFU mode

can anyone help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

U_Fig wrote: »
    i have a problem with my iPhone 4 running 5.1.1 jailbroken

I want to update it to 6.1 now that it's jailbroken but when i connect it to my laptop/HTPC it is not being recgonized in windows... it's begins to charge when i plug it in but nothing's showing up..

What i've tried..
    • Uninstalling iTunes and re installing
    • manually adding the apple mobile driver
    • made sure it was running as a service

i need to backup some files (can't be done through itunes/iCloud) onto my laptop before i update or put it into DFU mode

can anyone help

You need to update then jailbreak. If you jailbreak and then update, it will just undo the jailbreaking.

I'm not sure if 6.1 can be jailbroken.

The best tutorials I find are these: http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php

Your best bet however is to put it in DFU mode and see it iTunes recognises it. DFU mode is harmless and you won't lose anything. If it doesn't pick it up and your sure the computer & cable is fine, it could be a bad jailbreak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I Think you've misunderstood the question.

My iPhone is Currently Jailbroken on 5.1.1 and i want to update it to 6.1 then jailbreak it again now that there is a jailbreak for IOS6

it's been jailbroken since the first couple of days after 5.1.1 jailbreak came out and only now am i noticing a problem in the last week or so with not connecting..

I'll try putting it in DFU mode cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

U_Fig wrote: »
    I Think you've misunderstood the question.

My iPhone is Currently Jailbroken on 5.1.1 and i want to update it to 6.1 then jailbreak it again now that there is a jailbreak for IOS6

it's been jailbroken since the first couple of days after 5.1.1 jailbreak came out and only now am i noticing a problem in the last week or so with not connecting..

I'll try putting it in DFU mode cheers

Oh sorry, missed the point entirely. I'd try DFU and see if it pops up. I'd also try another PC. Windows can be funny with running services etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Go to control panel and then auto play. Scroll down until you see the iPhone and click the drop down box and select ask every time or take no action.

Advertisement