Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lithium ion batteries

Options
  • 06-02-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

opinions please-performance and value for money versus lead batteries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

they really are class.I have a deben 12 ah.Have recharged it at least 100 times and often it has 70 or 80 percent charge left when i go charging it and never has caused a problem.
    They are ultra light as you know.The only down side if you can call it that is they dont give a warning when they are about to die ie you will have full light one second and then dead the next.I believe most brands including the deben come with a meter to tell you battery life.I have had a host of lamps on it and these are the battery lifes for the different lamps

Deben 170 mm 2 hrs
    Lightforce Blitz 240 1hr 15 min
    Lightforce hid 240 hasnt died on a night out lamping yet but im guessing 4hrs +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

They're the only way to go - hold charge for years, can be charged from any state with no adverse impact, long service life, higher output current, lighter, smaller... the only thing even resembling a drawback is that you need to invest in a compatible charger - after that, it's nothing but advantages.

Advertisement