Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone or s3

Options
  • 06-02-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice on a new phone. Currently have iphone 3s and due upgrade.
    Narrowed it down to iphone 5 or samsung s3. Like ios and assumed would go for that but loads of people telling me to get s3. Suppose s3 is older as well.
    Have a galaxy tab 2 and like that as well.

Any opinions gladly recieved.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 austincarven

Hello,

In my point of view you should stay with the iPhone. The iPhone 5 is a stunning phone and I suppose you have already purchased stuff from Appstore that you can still use with the iPhone 5. I have an iPhone and really like it, even trying to develop an own app for it (sg. like this one: http://www.voip-sip-sdk.com/p_457-voip-iphone-integration-voip.html). On the other hand I have frinds with Android devices and they tell me that they are also great. S3 is an older model but it received lots of recognition. If you decide on Android the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 or the upcoming S4 would also be good choices. Hope you will find my information useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

christy02 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice on a new phone. Currently have iphone 3s and due upgrade.
    Narrowed it down to iphone 5 or samsung s3. Like ios and assumed would go for that but loads of people telling me to get s3. Suppose s3 is older as well.
    Have a galaxy tab 2 and like that as well.

Any opinions gladly recieved.

Cheers

I'd go with the S3. I have an android, so I'm going to say that, but I'm thinking of getting an iphone with my next upgrade. The reasons are: for a change, and to see for myself the differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CatInIreland

I think it is personal preference, but I agree, if you already have an iphone you will be able to use all purchases etc. I have had friends that have switched from Iphone to android and regretted it, and some who have loved it.

It is really personal preference, but whatever you do, get the newest version of what you are looking at. Its a long time til the next contract, I dont know how you have lasted until now on an Iphone 3, I wasnt able to do it.

I vote Iphone 5, but Im a stranger, go with what you feel fits your needs, both are good options.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I jumped from iphone 4s to S3 around 6 months ago, no regrets.
    I got a bit tired of iOS after having every iphone released.
    I am not saying I won't go back to the iphone in the future but for the moment the S3 does what I want it to do and very quickly..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

I think it is personal preference, but I agree, if you already have an iphone you will be able to use all purchases etc. I have had friends that have switched from Iphone to android and regretted it, and some who have loved it.

It is really personal preference, but whatever you do, get the newest version of what you are looking at. Its a long time til the next contract, I dont know how you have lasted until now on an Iphone 3, I wasnt able to do it.

I vote Iphone 5, but Im a stranger, go with what you feel fits your needs, both are good options.:o

Mixed views really. Thanks all. Kinda agree with above tho. S3 is out a while and will only have a few months snd s4 will be released iphone 5 is fairly new and wouldnt expect 5s for a while and even then will be pretty much same.
    Iphone 5 it is the.....or is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Nokia Lumia 920 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Nexus 4 is better and cheaper than both. Bit awkward to get tho is only problem.

Advertisement