Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA or Boxing?

• 06-02-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Well lads im wondering whether to keep boxin or start mma,been boxin 6 months now and like it,however i dont like how restricted it is in my opinion,love it mind you,but ive been considering mma but are injuries much more frequent?I'm on a strict gym program for months and if i break a bone thats a lot of progress wasted...
    Any help much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Carvin

You could continue doing boxing and take up BJJ as well to get a feeling for the other aspects of MMA and get a better idea of whether you wanted to take it on. Also good to try some wrestling if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

MMA is pretty cool as is Boxing, Why not have the best of both worlds and do both-no need to choose 1 or the other.

Injury wise I would say you'll get niggles more than anything, what area are you in, 1st thing is to find out if there is an Mma club in your area, by that I mean a real Mma club and not some Tkd lad claiming to teach Mma which is all to common, if there is go for it. If you don't enjoy it you can always stick to the boxing which you are enjoying.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RoryM

Thanks for the replys lads,cowzerp area wise in in tipp and we have a proper boxing,kickboxing and mma gym here,brilliant facilities and trainers :) as for doing both id really rather stick with one and give it all my attention,and make a lot of progress :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Remember, if you are going to take up MMA and take in Boxing, it's legally required that you wear one boxing glove!

art-jimmerson.jpg

haha of course :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RoryM wrote: »
    ive been considering mma but are injuries much more frequent?

In my experience [serious] injuries in MMA are much less frequent than most other sports.

And as has been suggested you can continue your boxing and go to a spearate BJJ class, as you gain in confidence you won't be so hessitant to try some MMA.

Ok thanks for the advice,anybody know anywhere to do BJJ in tipperary?

Advertisement