Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catnip

• 06-02-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Is catnip legal in Ireland? The dried stuff.

Was trying to buy it online there but it said it can't be dispatched to Ireland. I had some before and the cats loved it. Think I bought it in London though (about 4-5 years ago).

They have a few catnip toys which they love - these were also bought online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Yes, most petshops carry it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I usually buy mine from Funky felines in England, my 2 love the catnip fish as they can hold it and kick it and lick it. They also love the spicy micey catnip mice from that shop. The catnip in those toys is organic and the catnip fish was still a favourite after over a year, in fact we just got a new one last week.

The spicey micey comes in organic dried catnip in a resealable pack to freshen the toys.
    It is widely available here but the quality varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ever2010 wrote: »

You're braver than me, we thought about it once and decided not to grow it ourselves in case we have every cat in the neighbourhood visiting our garden and stressing out our chaps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

......my 2 love the catnip fish as they can hold it and kick it and lick it.....

Haha - that's one of the ones they have. Bought it in Harrods (very posh cats I have!!!) and they love it. Unfortunately, they managed to tear it open and get the catnip pouch out of it. I stuffed it back in and so far so good but it is on its last legs.

I'll check out the other suggestions - love seeing them react to the dried stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I grow my own, it's very easy to grow and most of the big home stores stock it in the garden section as seeds. Careful though, you can also have every cat in the neighbourhood arrive to have a roll around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I had never heard of catnip until two minutes ago and according to google, Catnip, in large enough quantities, will also work as an attractant for large cats like lions and tigers.

Be careful out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Joe10000 wrote: »
    I had never heard of catnip until two minutes ago and according to google, Catnip, in large enough quantities, will also work as an attractant for large cats like lions and tigers.

Be careful out there.
    It's true; the tiger population of Ireland is known to be roaming a lot this time of the year :pac:.

Advertisement