Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were you at Leeson St. over Christmas?

Options
  • 06-02-2013 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I'll cut a long story short. I made myself look like an oblivious twat, and it's probably hilarious to onlookers. I've been kicking myself about it since though.

My third class of every day was Chemistry, with the teacher with the monotonous Monaghan accent and ridiculously poor jokes.

The first day there, I noticed a pretty girl on the same bench as me, so I thought I'd introduce myself. Her name was Michaela. Blah blah blah. Got on well.

It comes to the end of the week, and we're leaving Chemistry. Actual conversation:
    Michaela: So, what's your second name so I can add you on Facebook?
    Me: Believe it or not, I don't have Facebook. (Which is true)
    *Yes, at this point I should have said "But here's my number"*
    Me: Nice meeting you.

The moment I said it, I was like: What the actual fück did I just do?
    So I turn around, and she's gone. Boom. Wow. Totally out of character of me to be such a social retard. Anyway, I spent the first 30 minutes of the last class of the day looking for her room, couldn't find it.

Moral of the story: Michaela, I wasn't blowing you off, I am just an idiot that got caught off guard. I'm sorry.

You never know, she might see this. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll welcome the abuse and laughter, fire away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

To be honest, her asking for your facebook might not have meant anything.. where as if you'd given her number, it would've meant something. I'd say you read too much into it and I can't see what the issue is. Though you should probably get facebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Ah I know, but it was the most awkward moment in history. I don't bother with Facebook, waste of time. Even on the walk to the bus, I was with a group of lads. One of them brought it up, not knowing it was me, and all of us (me included) were laughing at how stupid (I) was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Swallow your pride and set up a Facebook. :P You might find her, if you caught her second name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Swallow your pride and set up a Facebook. :P You might find her, if you caught her second name.

If I was a girl I would find that kinda freaky. If she run out of there she might not have been interested. But setting up a facebook and saying hi remember me. I set up a facebook for you would freak me the **** out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

hfallada wrote: »
    If I was a girl I would find that kinda freaky. If she run out of there she might not have been interested. But setting up a facebook and saying hi remember me. I set up a facebook for you would freak me the **** out.

I didn't mean to set it up specifically for her. :P

Set it up, add a few friends, make a wall post or two. Then go looking for her! At least then he can pretend he didn't set it up for her. It's no less creepy, but she doesn't need to know that. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement