Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please Help Me :)

• 07-02-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there i am hoping to buy an iphone 4 from the US and want to use it here in Ireland as a pay as you go, and I need find if this is even possible to put in a pay as you go sim from any mobile company like o2 etc in the iphone 4 and use it.
    please help
    many thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Fonix88 wrote: »
    Hi there i am hoping to buy an iphone 4 from the US and want to use it here in Ireland as a pay as you go, and I need find if this is even possible to put in a pay as you go sim from any mobile company like o2 etc in the iphone 4 and use it.
    please help
    many thanks!!!
    Yes it is possible . My I phone was bought us and works perfectly here . Just make sure you buy unlocked , so that there is no contract and you will be ok . 100 per cent sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fonix88

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Yes it is possible . My I phone was bought us and works perfectly here . Just make sure you buy unlocked , so that there is no contract and you will be ok . 100 per cent sure .
    Cool how easy and how much will it cost if i need to unlock an iphone to any network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Fonix88 wrote: »
    Cool how easy and how much will it cost if i need to unlock an iphone to any network?

That's the whole point, you don't have to unlock it.

I am of course assuming that you are getting one that was purchased direct from Apple. It is a completely different story if you are buying one secondhand that is locked to an American network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Unlocked iPhone 5 cost:
    16GB $649 approx €478
    32GB $749 approx €552
    64GB $849 approx €625

Prices taken from http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone5
    (note used xe.com/ucc for currency conversions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Compared with the Apple Ireland store for the same phones:
    €679, €789 and €899 (Source: http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone5)

of course the US prices quoted dont include any sales tax and that depends on where in the US you buy it

• Advertisement
Advertisement