Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoil Fhursa - feedback?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I've done a search on boards but there isn't a recent thread on this.

I'd be interested to hear from parents whose children attend Scoil Fhursa. I'm hoping my daughter will get a place. Her name is down since she was only a few months old and I've been in there, met with the principal etc. so fingers crossed.

I certainly know it was a good school. Is it still a good school? Myself and my husband have good Irish so that's not an issue.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Always was an excellent school, still is.

Very hard to get into from what I hear; has gone down the family-must-have-gone-here route afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks v much for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

not necessarily (re. the family must have gone there). I know of two recent families who's children are there - first generation kids to have gone there so you will probably get your child in galwaygirlee if he/she has been on the list for a long time.

not necessarily (re. the family must have gone there). I know of two recent families who's children are there - first generation kids to have gone there so you will probably get your child in galwaygirlee if he/she has been on the list for a long time.

Great to hear, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

I went der and it wer good at teeching for speling and othr stuf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 DrShera

I'd give them a call as the first round offers for this September came out during the week.

DrShera wrote: »
    I'd give them a call as the first round offers for this September came out during the week.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 moonstruck1

I've heard it's quite strict, can anyone confirm this (or not)? I'm wondering what sort of relationship the teachers and students have - is it very 'old school' with a shouty teacher and silent students or is there a more relaxed atmosphere? If anyone has any info on this I'd be grateful. Academically, it's meant to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

My two children attend Scoil Fhursa and I cant fault the place. The principal is fantastic and the teachers are great. It is academic but the children are brought out all the time on outings to the beach or various plays that go on during the year. At the end of each year, there is a second hand book and uniform sale, the school tours costs are minimum and the school contribution is voluntary compared to other schools which often demand extortionate fees for various things. The school promotes a great anti-bullying policy, parents had to attend two meetings at the start of the year and the children have workshops on types of bullying and how to stop it.

Advertisement