Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

purchase a Motorcycle Keychain In Dublin

• 07-02-2013 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Motorcycle Keychain In Dublin?

Long chain that allow you to start bike, without detaching keychain from trousers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Never ever seen one, to be honest the idea of being connected to the bike ignition with a chain seems..... a bit stupid.
    If anything happens that separates you from the bike you are either going to snap the key in the ignition or just damage the ignition, both of which could very well be the difference between you riding the bike or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

could pull your trousers off too...!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

Chains are not strong enough ... would snap ... just a way of not losing your keys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

CFC1969 wrote: »
    Chains are not strong enough ... would snap ... just a way of not losing your keys

Chains are stronger than keys by their design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

howsabout one of those ski pass holders they sell in great outdoors etc? possibly too stretchy..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I use one of these , clip the key to the rest of the keyring when you stop.
    If you want a chain, you could get one from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Never ever seen one, to be honest the idea of being connected to the bike ignition with a chain seems..... a bit stupid.
    If anything happens that separates you from the bike you are either going to snap the key in the ignition or just damage the ignition, both of which could very well be the difference between you riding the bike or not.

Or it could hamper you trying to get off the bike if you drop it. Much better off using the disclock reminder cable, it'll easily break a chain won't

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNuCHC989y2BxCFALiWMyTLEgX72bS-E0FoU-NJTYBUHCHRrgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've never heard of one either. Are you thinking of a kill switch/dead man switch? Speedway bikes and off road bikes have them.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/KILL-SWITCH-ATV-Grasstrack-Motocross-Universal-Speedway-NORMALLY-OPEN-/360438512228#ht_2151wt_1058

When you come off the clip on the kill switch comes with you, shutting off the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Del2005 wrote: »
    Or it could hamper you trying to get off the bike if you drop it. Much better off using the disclock reminder cable, it'll easily break a chain won't

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNuCHC989y2BxCFALiWMyTLEgX72bS-E0FoU-NJTYBUHCHRrgh

Disclock reminder cables are for whussies, driving off with your disclock still on in front of all your friends is what the cool kids do :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Cienciano wrote: »

Disclock reminder cables are for whussies, driving off with your disclock still on in front of all your friends is what the cool kids do :cool:

I agree, best I've had to do is pick up my brothers bike after he did a huge wheelie away from a pub. As soon as the front wheel landed the disc and wheel where destroyed. Plenty of other times I've had to collect bikes with lower speed disc lock crashes. It's easier to just park in such a way you can't do damage if you forget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

what is the option here ?

Too lazy to unclip keys or for the security of keys not falling out of iginition ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have an alpinestars lanyard I have around my neck, clip off keys while riding and clip on when stopped...simples. I am a ****er for losing keys in fairness so this was the easiest way to do it for me.

Advertisement