Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a swimming pool in Dublin

Options
  • 07-02-2013 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just looking for one that's clean obviously, not too expensive and not really busy.. would definitely like a quiet one. Close to D9 would be good but that's not really important as long as it's easily accessed by public transport or not that far of a walk, so any recommendations?

And I don't want to have to pay a membership

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Just looking for one that's clean obviously, not too expensive and not really busy.. would definitely like a quiet one. Close to D9 would be good but that's not really important as long as it's easily accessed by public transport or not that far of a walk, so any recommendations?

http://www.dublincity.ie/recreationandculture/sportsfacilities/swimmingpools/pages/swimming_pools.aspx

Can recommend the Finglas pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Finglas and Ballymun pools are both brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

+1 for the Ballymun pool, excellent facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

140 to Rathmines pool FTW.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

MarkMc wrote: »
    +1 for the Ballymun pool, excellent facilities

Been awhile since I've used it but I found in the past that the times allotted for free swimming were fairly restrictive? Always lessons and such going on.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Wftablueboy

+1 for Finglas , nice pool and not full of skangers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

markeivicz Pool on Townsend street is lovely and clean, and not too busy any time I've used it, right beside Tara St Dart also.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Fair enough, but if you don't want to pay a yearly/monthly membership fee, you will have to pay a per usage charge. If you'll be using the pool on a frequent basis, it may be cheaper to go with one that charges a flat membership fee for unlimited usage.

Advertisement