Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Ireland!

Options
  • 07-02-2013 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

hello, i'm an 18 year old northern american girl thinking about going to ireland for school next year. i'm absolutely fascinated with the culture (and i won't lie, i love the accents) i was just wandering if anyone had advise they'd be willing to share. i've heard there are some major differences in culture, i don't want to get there and accidently offend anyone so all the advice you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. such as:

1. i don't really drink, so would it be harder for me to make friends because of this?
    2. i heard that irish women don't really like american girls is that true/why?
    3. is there any place that i should avoid/go?
    4. how do irish men go about with flirtation?
    5. what are some slang that i should know? i've heard i'm supposed to ask someone for a lift instead of a "ride" but they never told me why they just laughed when i asked about it. anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi OP

welcome to PI. Please take some time to read our charter. This is the personal issues forum where we attempt to offer advice to people who have problems of a personal nature, and is not the right place to get travel advice. There are other forums / websites that can offer such travel tips but this is not the right place.

Thanks and hope you enjoy your holiday
    Taltos

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement