Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex/Signet 200 "Zone 0" question

Options
  • 07-02-2013 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm away from my alarm (SigNET 200) and have someone keeping an eye on things. They don't report anything wrong but I have noticed in the logs that are texted to me that there are several entries referring to inhibiting and deinhibiting "Zone 0" - usually at the exact time the alarm is set and unset.

However, there is no zone "0" !! (and it couldn't be referring to zone 1 because I left that disconnected and assigned as "unused" so that any spurious input it may pick up is ignored by the panel).

I can't find anything that explains this in the manuals.

What could "Z0" be referring to if its not a "real" zone and why would it be getting inhibited/de-inhibited? (user error when setting it??)

Log copy:
    [Date/Time]INHIBIT: Z0:ALARM
    [Date/Time]Set
    [Date/Time]Unset
    [Date/Time]DEINHIBIT: Z0:ALARM

I never saw this before...
    Tx for any info you may have..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pauley2 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm away from my alarm (SigNET 200) and have someone keeping an eye on things. They don't report anything wrong but I have noticed in the logs that are texted to me that there are several entries referring to inhibiting and deinhibiting "Zone 0" - usually at the exact time the alarm is set and unset.

However, there is no zone "0" !! (and it couldn't be referring to zone 1 because I left that disconnected and assigned as "unused" so that any spurious input it may pick up is ignored by the panel).

I can't find anything that explains this in the manuals.

What could "Z0" be referring to if its not a "real" zone and why would it be getting inhibited/de-inhibited? (user error when setting it??)

Log copy:
    [Date/Time]Set
    [Date/Time]Unset
    [Date/Time]DEINHIBIT: Z0:ALARM

I never saw this before...
    Tx for any info you may have..

Might be because you have taking the entry/exit door out of the system.
    If it is inhibiting zone 0 then none exist. Meaning it is not inhibiting anything.
    Have you tried doing this in the house to see if the alarm will activate?
    If you don't have the problem with the entry /exit zone enabled I would not be too concerned about it once everything else is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

It seems to work in every other respect. And no changes have been made to the setup since it was installed over a year ago. Entry and exit zones havn't been touched and never gave a problem before. This is new!

Unfortunately I wont be able to physically get to it for another week or two when I can check further and maybe do a soft panel reset.

What puzzles me is the reference to "zone 0" when there is no such zone documented anywhere - the zone numbering for the signet begins with "1".

If I figure it out I'll post back here, meanwhile if anyone can shed light on this mysterious undocumented zone, I'd appreciate it.

Tx!

It seems to work in every other respect. And no changes have been made to the setup since it was installed over a year ago. Entry and exit zones havn't been touched and never gave a problem before. This is new!

Unfortunately I wont be able to physically get to it for another week or two when I can check further and maybe do a soft panel reset.

What puzzles me is the reference to "zone 0" when there is no such zone documented anywhere - the zone numbering for the signet begins with "1".

If I figure it out I'll post back here, meanwhile if anyone can shed light on this mysterious undocumented zone, I'd appreciate it.

Tx!

Weird one but this has only happened since you disabled the front door which is why I suggested it may be the cause for this.

I too would like to know if you do find out the cause for it doing this is.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you know what version the Software is. ?
    If you get engineer access goto Utilities ,Software, Version.

Version 1.3a

• Advertisement

Just to clarify - I never disabled the front door, or any other zone. This just started happening completely of its own accord...

Just to clarify - I never disabled the front door, or any other zone. This just started happening completely of its own accord...

Did you not say you set zone one as unused.
    Are there wired or wire free devices on the sysyem?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is zone one unused as opposed to isolated. ?
    Or have you used the force set option ir inhibit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds like a bug to me.
    Have you any expanders and are they configured/addressed properly

Hi there,

Yes, zone one is set as "unused" but that was since the time of installation and has been ever since. Sorry for any confusion...

The system is 90% wired, and 2 sensors are wireless. None report any issues.

There IS an expander on the system, but as far as I know it's configured properly (both eBus and zone assignments).

As I say, nothing whatsoever in the configuration has been changed.

I too am starting to think it's a bug, or perhaps that zone "0" refers to the panel itself and that the new user is somehow disabling it at the keypad when they set and unset the alarm.

It's a weird one alright and unfortunately Europlex are no longer around to answer tech questions. However, I'll hopefully know more when I physically get to the panel and will post back here with whatever I find...

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Yes, zone one is set as "unused" but that was since the time of installation and has been ever since. Sorry for any confusion...

The system is 90% wired, and 2 sensors are wireless. None report any issues.

There IS an expander on the system, but as far as I know it's configured properly (both eBus and zone assignments).

As I say, nothing whatsoever in the configuration has been changed.

I too am starting to think it's a bug, or perhaps that zone "0" refers to the panel itself and that the new user is somehow disabling it at the keypad when they set and unset the alarm.

It's a weird one alright and unfortunately Europlex are no longer around to answer tech questions. However, I'll hopefully know more when I physically get to the panel and will post back here with whatever I find...

Have to agree, does sound like some sort of bug.
    Seems strange as it is saying:
    [Date/Time]Set
    It seems to be giving the zone number and zone type even though there would be no zone 0. If you do find out the issue please let us all know.

OK,

Mystery solved - sort of..

As I had said, I was away from the panel, getting partial logs texted to me - examples of which are earlier in the thread.

I finally got to the panel and was able to download the log that is stored on it. Turns out that what was being texted to me differed to what was actually stored on the panel - a bug as far as I'm concerned.

As mentioned, there is a zone expander on the system. What had happened was that one of the zones on the expander was left open (deliberatly) and the user was intentionally inhibiting it as he set the alarm. By comparing the texted log entries to the actual log stored on the panel I could see that the "true" zone being referred to was actually zone 14 (on the expander).

So, what the panel records in its log, and what it sends via text can be different, in my case seemingly because the zone in question was on an expander...

A bug indeed!

I haven't come across this before. Maybe upgrading the firmware to 1.4 may fix it.

...Just to close this off, I eventually did get to update the firmware (and in the process reset the panel along with a complete power off of everything) and since then it's been OK...

Thanks all for your input...

Glad to hear you got sorted. How do you mean reset?
    Did you default the panel?
    You could upgrade the 200 further up to the latest SPC version 3 2.5

Advertisement