Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP exam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Korasa wrote: »
    Ah, shame. Was hoping for any indicator of my chances I guess and while it is nice to finally have a result it doesn't mean much for me without comparison.

Yeh its not really much use to us until we get the percentile I suppose.

Does anyone know if UCD have interviews aswell as the MSAP?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shell8924

gline wrote: »
    Got the email from CAO just there, pity we dont know the percentiles until "after Easter" according to ACER, Score 1 - 130, score 3 - 131,overall-131, is that any good or what? Im not too sure how the scores work. :(

That's a brill score, well done its very high, I only got 90 so I can say bye to ucc :(

shell8924 wrote: »
    I only got 90 so I can say bye to ucc :(
    Ah i wouldnt say that, you never know, it all depends on what course you are going for and how the aplicants do that are going for the same course. Im sure they take your whole application into account aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mermairead

Thank god! Got my results 111 in module 1 and 120 in module 2, surprised I did better in module 2 than 1, I was convinced I failed! I'm pretty pleased with that! Well done everybody! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Can anyone tell me if my results are any good or not I've no idea?

I did module 1 and 2 and want Arts in NUIG

Score 1

Score 2

Result 1

Result 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yeh its not really much use to us until we get the percentile I suppose.

Does anyone know if UCD have interviews aswell as the MSAP?

I believe the purpose of NUI institutions adopting the MSAP was to whittle down the need for interviews. The likes of UCD will want an interview in some cases, but it is definitely the exception.

I'm figuring that Result 2 on the MSAP part of the CAO page is only relevant if you've taken module 3, yes?

A massive 'fair f**ks' to you, sir/miss, by the way.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I believe the purpose of NUI institutions adopting the MSAP was to whittle down the need for interviews. The likes of UCD will want an interview in some cases, but it is definitely the exception.

I'm figuring that Result 2 on the MSAP part of the CAO page is only relevant if you've taken module 3, yes?

A massive 'fair f**ks' to you, sir/miss, by the way.

Yeh result 2 is when you do module 3. Thanks for the compliment. I have to say I really thought I had done terrible in the exam, my writing is like a 10 year old childs, I was worried they wouldnt even be able to read it and I did nowhere near as well on the practice maths modules I tried before the real exam, I really dont know how I got that score. :confused:

I really hope UCD dont want an interview aswell, I dont shine in interviews :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ecoco85

Just got my results from cao, does anybody know how to work these out??

Score 1: 91
    Score 2: 99

Result 1: 95
    Result 2: 00

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Ecoco85 wrote: »
    Just got my results from cao, does anybody know how to work these out??

Score 1: 91
    Score 2: 99

Result 1: 95o
    Result 2: 00

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks![/quot

Overall score of 90, does anyone know if this is a disastrous score

• Advertisement

Ok so from what I can understand the overall score is out of a possible 150. I got 95.......giving me an overall percentile of 63%.

Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OrDer

Oh boy, I'm completely panicked!! What the heck does this mean!!!! Please help!!
    Is it as bad as I think? Trying for UCD Psych:(

pls be brutal if you have to.

Score 1 - 95
    Score 2 - 105
    Result 1 - 100

OrDer wrote: »
    Oh boy, I'm completely panicked!! What the heck does this mean!!!! Please help!!
    Is it as bad as I think? Trying for UCD Psych:(

pls be brutal if you have to.

Score 1 - 95
    Score 2 - 105
    Result 1 - 100

I THINK it works out at an overall percentile of around 66%?? Don't quote me on that though! Iv worked mine out as 63%. Absolutely gutted :(

Ok so from what I can understand the overall score is out of a possible 150. I got 95.......giving me an overall percentile of 63%.

Gutted :(

From what I gather and from what I understand from ucc staff is that if you get under average (100) you don't get interview. You cant predict percentile as you dont know how ev
    eryone did , I only got 90 so am gutted too. But we won't know until interview are called

I THINK it works out at an overall percentile of around 66%?? Don't quote me on that though! Iv worked mine out as 63%. Absolutely gutted :(

Thanks Ecoco, yep, that makes two of us. Im so disappointed, to make matters worse, someone in a previous year received an overall of 105 and was in the 52 percentile! Do you mind if I ask what you are applying for?

Ah i wouldnt say that, you never know, it all depends on what course you are going for and how the aplicants do that are going for the same course. Im sure they take your whole application into account aswell.

I'm applying for social work and was told that if I didn't get average 100 wouldn't get interview. Very gutted

OrDer wrote: »
    Thanks Ecoco, yep, that makes two of us. Im so disappointed, to make matters worse, someone in a previous year received an overall of 105 and was in the 52 percentile! Do you mind if I ask what you are applying for?

Ugh, that makes me feel even worse. Was hoping to do early childhood in UCC, not much chance of that now! How bout you?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Score 1 - 116
    Score 2 - 102
    Result 1 - 109

After reading all the posts on this thread I still don't get what these results equate to. Hopefully we can decipher them next week.

Hope everyone gets what they are hoping for.

I'm applying for social work and was told that if I didn't get average 100 wouldn't get interview. Very gutted

:( sorry to hear that. Have you applied for anything else on the cao though?

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    Score 1 - 116
    Score 2 - 102
    Result 1 - 109

After reading all the posts on this thread I still don't get what these results equate to. Hopefully we can decipher them next week.

Hope everyone gets what they are hoping for.

Yeh, without the percentile scores we get next week its only really a guideline.

• Advertisement

From what I gather and from what I understand from ucc staff is that if you get under average (100) you don't get interview. You cant predict percentile as you dont know how ev
    eryone did , I only got 90 so am gutted too. But we won't know until interview are called

Any idea when these interviews should be starting to take place?? I really don't think I can live in limbo for much longer! :/

Ugh, that makes me feel even worse. Was hoping to do early childhood in UCC, not much chance of that now! How bout you?

Well, don't fret just yet. Another person from a previous year received a total score of 90 and got an interview! Im going for psychology in UCD, I'm not giving up hope until I know for sure. Fingers crossed for you! I think if you REALLY want something badly enough, it will happen.

Yes I shall put my pessimism to the side for now......happy thoughts from now on:) best of luck to everybody!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Hey guys, I emailed acer earlier today just for clarification on when we will be receiving all the information in regards to our results seeing as we don't know how our results compare to everyone else's. Got this in response:

We will be releasing the MSAP results statements to all candidates on Tuesday 2nd April, following the Easter closedown.

When you receive your results, you will find an explanation of how to understand them. The results from the MSAP Office will include all the percentiles.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    MSAP Office

So yeah we will be receiving everything next week for definite and we will finally have some context. Hope that alleviates some peoples fears anyways.

Korasa wrote: »
    Hey guys, I emailed acer earlier today just for clarification on when we will be receiving all the information in regards to our results seeing as we don't know how our results compare to everyone else's. Got this in response:

We will be releasing the MSAP results statements to all candidates on Tuesday 2nd April, following the Easter closedown.

When you receive your results, you will find an explanation of how to understand them. The results from the MSAP Office will include all the percentiles.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
    MSAP Office

Thanks Korasa:) appreciate the info!! Best of luck to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

What the hell Acer? As I was just heading to bed suddenly I got access to my results, percentiles and all. Seems we won't be waiting anymore. good luck lads. Have my results in order and I'm off to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jj05y2

ye, got mine, well chuffed!

percentile n all!

Haha it's worse than I predicted!! If I don't laugh il cry :(

Congrats to everyone that has gotten theirs and are happy :)

Mine says "Results not found"
    Anyone else having difficulty receiving theirs? I received the same email with instructions but nothing comes up when I log in??!!

• Advertisement

Mine says "Results not found"
    Anyone else having difficulty receiving theirs? I received the same email with instructions but nothing comes up when I log in??!!

Advertisement