Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP exam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are they not released until the 2nd April?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jj05y2

i got mine last nite,

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lipstik.Junky

I got an overall mark of 115 and a percentile of 80.....is this good news?? Hope its enough for Psychology....my nerves are wrecked :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

spurious wrote: »
    Are they not released until the 2nd April?
    They said not until after Easter but I just got mine and some got theirs last night. Bit odd but at least I am out of my misery!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jj05y2

I got an overall mark of 115 and a percentile of 80.....is this good news?? Hope its enough for Psychology....my nerves are wrecked :/

it means u did as well or better than 80 percent of all the candidates.

so ur in the top 20percent,,

does anyone have any idea how many people sat the exam this year? in both catagories?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Got an email today from MSAP to say i can view my results...so check your emails today :)
    Not too happy with my results, got an overall score of 93 and percentile 30. I suppose its not too bad, I found the test very difficult and it wasn't fair considering were all good at diff subjects. At least I'm not depending on it anyway as I am also applying through the points system. Anyone know if you get an interview aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

You might want to get in touch with your preferred institution and ask them about interviews etc. Will be ringing UCC myself after lunch just to clarify some things. Hope everyone did well anyways. Back to the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I got the email from acer lastnight aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marvel13

hey all , any more info on the results??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

marvel13 wrote: »
    hey all , any more info on the results??
    what info do you need?

• Advertisement

just basically how everyone got on , got my results today aswell and got an overall score of 98,
    and I applied for ucc arts, and worried that it wont be enough to be honest..

just basically how everyone got on , got my results today aswell and got an overall score of 98,
    and I applied for ucc arts, and worried that it wont be enough to be honest..

I'm going for arts in UCC as well. Got an overall score of 110 and a 68 percentile which I am happy with. Tried contacting UCC admissions today but realized they are probably closed. derp. But will get in touch next week in hopes of getting information about cut off points and possible interviews. I'd advise anyone concerned to do the same.

Also, anyone have any idea of cut off points from the last few years in regards to the MSAP?

Korasa wrote: »
    I'm going for arts in UCC as well. Got an overall score of 110 and a 68 percentile which I am happy with. Tried contacting UCC admissions today but realized they are probably closed. derp. But will get in touch next week in hopes of getting information about cut off points and possible interviews. I'd advise anyone concerned to do the same.

Also, anyone have any idea of cut off points from the last few years in regards to the MSAP?
    thanks , i thought the same myself about them being closed,
    all i have found about previous cut offs was in 2011 and it was 90.

thanks , i thought the same myself about them being closed,
    all i have found about previous cut offs was in 2011 and it was 90.

Well provided it hasn't gone up that much we are both in with a good shot of getting to an interview at least. Thankfully they will be taking the whole application into account, life experience, personal statement etc.

Well provided it hasn't gone up that much we are both in with a good shot of getting to an interview at least. Thankfully they will be taking the whole application into account, life experience, personal statement etc.
    well you did v well so you have a great shot, they don't take the personal statement into account for arts though,
    they decide on the msap score.

well you did v well so you have a great shot, they don't take the personal statement into account for arts though,

I wasn't aware that arts admissions were based entirely on our score, weak. But seriously until we have information on cut offs it's all supposition. We're still in with a good shot though.

I wasn't aware that arts admissions were based entirely on our score, weak. But seriously until we have information on cut offs it's all supposition. We're still in with a good shot though.
    yep just the score unfortunately, but no point in worrying .
    we will find out eventually lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2 butterfly2013

is it 90 Percentile or 90% .... oh god i feel sick i went for arts at ucc too... got 102 :(

is it 90 Percentile or 90% .... oh god i feel sick i went for arts at ucc too... got 102 :(

From reading over a few older posts it's 90 points without mention of a percentile cut off so 102 and yer still in the runnin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 butterfly2013

From reading over a few older posts it's 90 points without mention of a percentile cut off so 102 and yer still in the runnin'.

thanks Korasa... wish i knew how many sat the exam and whos going for the art at ucc too.... im sick... i didnt even know there was an interview for it the guy at the mature student office never told me that...you go at great result congrats btw :)

• Advertisement

thanks Korasa... wish i knew how many sat the exam and whos going for the art at ucc too.... im sick... i didnt even know there was an interview for it the guy at the mature student office never told me that...you go at great result congrats btw :)

Still need to clarify if there is actually an interview for arts entry. Someone said entry is based solely on yer results from the test but you did grand out as well so I wouldn't sweat it. If you are looking for more info try calling the UCC admissions office once Easter break ends.
    Good luck to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mermairead

Why would our personal statement etc not be taken into account when we're asked to include everything? It seems pointless? I was even contacted by CAO to include something which I had actually forgotten to send off, they wouldn't ask you to include previous experience, qualifications and personal statements if they weren't taken into consideration.

Mermairead wrote: »
    Why would our personal statement etc not be taken into account when we're asked to include everything? It seems pointless? I was even contacted by CAO to include something which I had actually forgotten to send off, they wouldn't ask you to include previous experience, qualifications and personal statements if they weren't taken into consideration.
    how many different courses did you apply for?
    I was advised that the arts is picked on the msap alone, and the personal statement is only required for certain courses,
    e.g. social science requires your msap score plus your personal statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

how many different courses did you apply for?
    I was advised that the arts is picked on the msap alone, and the personal statement is only required for certain courses,
    e.g. social science requires your msap score plus your personal statement.

I was talking to the UCD mature student rep last November, and she told me, that in 90 percent of cases (including Arts), the personal statement was half the consideration of an application. I don't know why any other NUI institution would be different, considering they're all under the same umbrella.

true but all I can say is what I was advised by the mature student office,
    and that was 2 out of the 3 courses I applied for needed the msap and personal statement and the arts was just based on the msap score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

true but all I can say is what I was advised by the mature student office,
    and that was 2 out of the 3 courses I applied for needed the msap and personal statement and the arts was just based on the msap score.

Where're you applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

leheaven wrote: »
    Got an email today from MSAP to say i can view my results...so check your emails today :)
    Not too happy with my results, got an overall score of 93 and percentile 30. I suppose its not too bad, I found the test very difficult and it wasn't fair considering were all good at diff subjects. At least I'm not depending on it anyway as I am also applying through the points system. Anyone know if you get an interview aswell??

I got the exact same as you, 30% but I felt I did good.. :mad:

I'm slightly worried now because I'm applying for social science in UCC and it's my first choice.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 manandvan

Me too .... scores 122 & 132 percentiles 88 & 94 .. Overall percentile 93...
    GY104 BA Psych.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

manandvan wrote: »
    Me too .... scores 122 & 132 percentiles 88 & 94 .. Overall percentile 93...
    GY104 BA Psych.

I applied for GY104 too and i got 91. Any idea when the interviews are on? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 manandvan

Grinchy88 wrote: »
    I applied for GY104 too and i got 91. Any idea when the interviews are on? :/

No idea mate.. Didn't even know there were interviews..

Advertisement