Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP exam

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ste13

Does anybody have an idea what the cut off is for arts ucc? I got 90 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

If you email the admissions office of the university applied for, would they tell you the cutoff? Im wondering what the cutoff is for science in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

gline wrote: »
    If you email the admissions office of the university applied for, would they tell you the cutoff? Im wondering what the cutoff is for science in UCD.

I'm planning on giving UCC a call tomorrow to see if I can get any info. While I feel I did well enough I'm still concerned about cut offs. Will see what happens and pass any info I get along.

Korasa wrote: »
    I'm planning on giving UCC a call tomorrow to see if I can get any info. While I feel I did well enough I'm still concerned about cut offs. Will see what happens and pass any info I get along.
    Thanks, I'll probably drop an email off to UCD aswell this week and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mermairead

Does anybody know the cutoff for arts in UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Mermairead wrote: »
    Does anybody know the cutoff for arts in UCD?

It varies year to year. I recall being told it was an overall of 100 from a UCD rep, with no great degree of certainty, (no mention of percentiles) at the open day in November, but also that it's entirely dependent on the applicant average in the given year.

I vaguely remember being told there's some flexibility on the cut-off too, should the personal statement impress enough.

I figure it's gonna to be a few days before we get any word on any cut-offs, mind. Given the Easter weekend, and the fact they've probably still to sort the scores enough to gauge an average.

Mind, I did make the mistake of shooting off a couple emails last Friday, as soon as the percentiles came in. I write 'mistake', as I knew there'd be no response over the weekend/Easter, but I'm still checking my emails every 5 minutes.

My fingers and toes are crossed, it's no fun playing this waiting game!

Mermairead wrote: »
    My fingers and toes are crossed, it's no fun playing this waiting game!
    Yeh your right, the not knowing is terrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shell8924

hey guys just wondering where ye are getting yer percentiles?

shell8924 wrote: »

It was emailed out from Acer, they send you a link and you have to login with your MSAP ID and email address

• Advertisement

You should have been contacted by MSAP via email with your marks in each module and your overall percentile, check your spam inbox if there's no sign of an email from them, it might have gone in there by mistake!

i recieved my results overall score of 90 but nothing about percentiles

i recieved my results overall score of 90 but nothing about percentiles

If you are checking your score via the CAO website, it doesnt give you your percentile. If you did not recieve an email with your MSAP results, you will need to contact Acer (the company that runs the MSAP exam)

I got a reply from UCD today regarding MSAP cut-off results for science course application. They said this is the first year they are using MSAP for mature science applicants. So there is no specified cut-off for science in UCD. They said they will use the MSAP results and the personal statement when making a decision, they may also call some in for interviews. They hope to let applicants know by May if they are successfull of not, and official offers via CAO in July.

I got a similar response off admissions about arts, minus the interviews bit. Bit of a gicker, I was hoping to have some inkling after the MSAP came in, as to the likelihood of a place, but it seem to be only thought of as a one factor of an application, and not the decider I was hoping for.

Finally managed to get in touch with UCC admissions but I can't say I came away with much information. From what I was told Arts entry is based solely off your MSAP score. No interview and from the impression I got, no personal statement is being factored in. Official offers come in around June. No cut off points were disclosed to me.

Entry into psychology is slightly different. Candidates are shortlisted based on the MSAP score and will be contacted over the next two weeks or so to arrange interviews and may get some idea of there chances unofficially but once again no offers until June.

The woman I was speaking with made some reference to possibly getting a phone call to candidates applying for Arts who have been successful or at least considered but that point was rather vague so don't quote me on that. Anyways some people applying for psychology at least should be expecting phone calls over the next few weeks.

All I got for the time being anyways. Still awaiting an email response which will hopefully have some info about cut offs.

Hi, I just rang UCD admissions there asking for any info they had. The woman said there is no cut off point regarding the MSAP, your score is "considered". She also said that all documentation is taken into consideration eg personal statement, previous qualifications etc. She said that July is the earliest we'll find out whether we have a place or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ecoco85

I just received an email back from UCC admissions office regarding cut offs for MSAP. It says "there is no cut off score as yet for 2013. Cut offs will not be determined until we are in a position to make offers through the cao."

It then goes on to say that they can be contacted in June where I may receive info on an " unofficial offer".

And so the waiting continues........yawn.

Well there go my hopes for more info by email. Seriously can't stop freaking out. I don't think it matters if I get an offer or not considering waiting til June with this level of stress may just be the death of me.

Korasa wrote: »
    Well there go my hopes for more info by email. Seriously can't stop freaking out. I don't think it matters if I get an offer or not considering waiting til June with this level of stress may just be the death of me.

Easier said than done but try and put it out of your mind. For the first week after I did the MSAP I was sick with worry but then I realised I had at least another 4 weeks of waiting and I knew I just couldn't sustain being constantly worried, I literally would not have the energy for it! It'll be grand and worrying won't change anything anyway! :)

• Advertisement

Hey guys spoke to ucc today, the lady said interviews should be called before the end of the month, the waiting is killing me, just wondering if anyone had applied for the bsw (social work)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

I'm really disappointed with my score thought I done a lot better just goes to show!
    I got an overall of 98 and a percentile of 42 will this be good enough for arts at NUIG? Gutted if its not :(

smyths wrote: »
    I'm really disappointed with my score thought I done a lot better just goes to show!
    I got an overall of 98 and a percentile of 42 will this be good enough for arts at NUIG? Gutted if its not :(

According to a few different sources no one will really know whats going on with any certainty until at least June and it seems that will be on an unofficial basis as the CAO offers won't come out until July. Ring NUIG admissions and June and they may tell you if you are getting an offer or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Rang NUIG and she said that the score for entry into arts is around the 88 mark (not percentile). I'm applying for Psychology too but she has no idea when the interviews are :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

Just let to let people know that UCC seem to be calling people for interview this week, in particular social work and psychology, so some of the waiting should be over soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Emailed NUI admissions again and have been told that the previous years cut offs were actually 80 and over. She also said that offers would be made in July :/ From reading other threads it seems that the other colleges are alot sooner?!!

Grinchy88 wrote: »
    Emailed NUI admissions again and have been told that the previous years cut offs were actually 80 and over. She also said that offers would be made in July :/ From reading other threads it seems that the other colleges are alot sooner?!!

UCD give a result of application in May, with a formal offering following via CAO in July. UCC do something similar I believe. July seems standard for just about everyone else.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    UCD give a result of application in May, with a formal offering following via CAO in July. UCC do something similar I believe. July seems standard for just about everyone else.

Yeah was already speaking with UCC admissions a few days ago and they confirmed I would be receiving an offer. Over the moon about it. Glad I managed to find out earlier than expected, leaves me extra time to plan the move.

Did anybody ever get any figures on how many took the MSAP this year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement