Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to host a server in a data centre

Options
  • 07-02-2013 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Does anybody here have any experience with hosting a server in a datacentre in Ireland. I'll start contacting them myself but I'd appreciate any tips / info Boardsies might have.

I just have a 2U box that I want to put on the internet. I need to put it somewhere reasonably reliable (but doesn't have be Tier 4, racked up with power, an externally accessible IP address and power will do me).

I know I can get virtual machines or use existing machines but I'm looking for info on moving a physical box to a datacentre.

Are there any to avoid, any better than others and any that are cheap :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Is called Colocation !
    A D15' based ISP charges a 150 per month for this type of service!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

A lot of the data centres won't deal with a single server colo, so you'd probably be better off getting pricing from hosting providers who have space in data centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 stupidskin

Hi, as blackknight wrote, the min most DC's will lease isa half rack,ususally for security issues a lot of companies do not like to share cabinet access. Best may to purchase cloud based service that can offer same as your reqs?

Ss

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Mod note: Folks, notes on the "how you do this" side are okay; recommendations of specific companies are not; see the charter.

Advertisement