Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which has the more active community at the moment SF vs Tekken or SSFIV Turbo AE?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 10:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

seeing as steam have SF IV vs Tekken on sale today I'm just wondering whether I should shell out for it or whether I should go back to playing AE?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Uh, if I'm understanding you correctly, I would say Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition is the most active, however there is people also playing Street Fighter X Tekken, so really get whichever one takes your fancy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Cheers Doom. Yeah I just wanted to know if AE still had a big draw. I haven't played it at all in quite some time.

You'll still find people playing AE, naturally enough not as much as 2 years ago!

I see a lot more people playing SFxT, but I think it's got a way to go before it sticks in peoples minds the way AE did.

A shame marvel vs capcom never got a PC port

lazlo wrote: »
    A shame marvel vs capcom never got a PC port

It's been quite the sales hit for Capcom in later months, you never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

The pc port does not yet have the 2013 patch. The netcode on the pc is also terrible, lots of teleporting characters all over the place, hopefully this is fixed whenever the 2013 patch arrives. €22 for the game and all the dlc is pretty good.

DrDrago wrote: »
    The pc port does not yet have the 2013 patch. The netcode on the pc is also terrible, lots of teleporting characters all over the place, hopefully this is fixed whenever the 2013 patch arrives. €22 for the game and all the dlc is pretty good.

I assume this is SF vs Tekken you're referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

Yes SF vs Tekken, sorry for the confusion. Street fighter 4: Arcade edition on the pc has excellent netcode, if you are looking to play more online.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah PC version is 2 patch versions behind. They are several months behind when it comes to support. Capcom did say work had started on 2013 for PC though.

is bisons psycho punisher still a poxy charge ultra? that's the main reason I stopped playing

• Advertisement

Yeah its still charge. Still all but useless.

ugh, totally disgusting. Might have to learn a new character then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

ugh, totally disgusting. Might have to learn a new character then.

Don't worry!
    It's generally believed that SF vs Tekken and SSFIV Turbo AE have an equal selection of viable characters

I don't know what balance is like in SFxT probably too early to tell.

Don't worry!
    It's generally believed that SF vs Tekken and SSFIV Turbo AE have an equal selection of viable characters

yeah it just takes more dedication to skill up with someone else. I prefer a pick up and play approach as I don' have that much time to be playing these days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

yeah it just takes more dedication to skill up with someone else. I prefer a pick up and play approach as I don' have that much time to be playing these days

Bison's still a solid character even with fairly crappy ultras, if you like him stick with him I say.

Advertisement