Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

desktop

Options
  • 07-02-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

when i click on any of my desktop icons e.g. twitter i get into account but computer reverts back to google homepage within seconds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Your Desktop icons or your bookmarks?

Are you sure your backspace key isnt stuck down or something as this also works as a back key sometimes in browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

desktop definately and backspace key working normally.

Then why is your desktop going to google? What OS are you using did this start happening recently, what browser does Twitter actually open in when you click your desktop shortcut?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 hmw

twitter just opened normally now. can't depend on it.

You are giving us NOTHING to help you with here. You need to be detailed in these things if you want actual help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

You have a virus / malware. Install or update your antivirus software and install and scan with malware bytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    You have a virus / malware. Install or update your antivirus software and install and scan with malware bytes.
    A redirect to Google does not mean a virus / malware - symptom is way too vague and quite the opposite of what a redirect virus would do.

OP, please try visit Twitter or Facebook with a different browser (Chrome or Firefox) and see if the redirect still occurs please.

Advertisement