Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why isn't my academy producing anyone decent?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 10:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14

Playing as Leeds, just won the Prem for the 2nd time but over the past 4 seasons not a single potentially decent player has come through my academy - the highest rated had a potential of 2 stars

My head of youth development has potential ability/working with youngsters of 19 each and I have top class youth facilities

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

expand your scouting network.

its all well and good having great facilities but if your only picking up people from the leeds area then youve not much hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Get coaches with high reputations and strong personalities. Youth players usually come in with coaches as their favoured personel so I reckon the type of coaches you have, has an effect on the youth intake.

Facilities, Scouting Range & Knowledge, Club reputation, league reputation would be the other factors i reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

i have always had issues with my regens from my academy

the best i could prob muster would be someone with a PA of 150 -160

meanwhile inter, barca, bayern and all of South America are churning out gems at a mile a minute

Advertisement