Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Request]Loan Of Monopod in Cork

• 07-02-2013 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

Long story short I've started shooting photos for the college hockey club, we need photos of the 4ths but I play for them so that's not making things easy.

A friend has agreed to shoot but Ideally I'd like to stick a monopod on the camera just to make the camera lighter and keep photos straighter.

Is there anyone in Cork city willing to lend one to me for this weekend(Sunday specifically) please?

I'll meet you where-ever and return it at a time that suits you.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

wish I could help but I'm away at the moment.

Can your friend really not take a straight forward team pic ? preset the shutter speed, aperture and ISO and tell them point towards the people and press the button ...make sure that the red dot is pointing at a person.

also ensure the autofocus is set to one shot or one-shot (beep) ...at least then you'll know it has to be in focus before the shutter will depress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Corkbah wrote: »
    wish I could help but I'm away at the moment.

Can your friend really not take a straight forward team pic ? preset the shutter speed, aperture and ISO and tell them point towards the people and press the button ...make sure that the red dot is pointing at a person.

also ensure the autofocus is set to one shot or one-shot (beep) ...at least then you'll know it has to be in focus before the shutter will depress.

It's photos of the whole game(70 mins) so I'm trying to eliminate as many potential issues he might have as possible so hopefully there's a few alright pics there!

Plus it's a heavy camera/lens combo so I'd like the monopod for that reason.

Thanks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I might have lying around, I turned a walking stick into one ages ago and I haven't seen it in a while. I'll have a look for it tomorrow and let you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Sorry I couldn't find it, would a tripod not do? I just extend one or two legs and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Seems pointless getting a loan of something so cheap, honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Syferus wrote: »
    Seems pointless getting a loan of something so cheap, honestly.

I have one at home in Kerry, just I'm not travelling home between now and then and posting it is out of the question, which Is why I was asking for a loan as I can bring it up after this weekend and can't justify paying €26 for a monopod for an hours use.

Advertisement