Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any information on Rathcoole?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Does anybody have any info on Rathcoole? We're hoping to move at some stage this year and came across Broadfield Manor in Rathcoole while searching online.
    Is the estate finished yet does anybody know?

Any other info much appreciated, shops/schools/public transport etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

Lynfo wrote: »
    Does anybody have any info on Rathcoole? We're hoping to move at some stage this year and came across Broadfield Manor in Rathcoole while searching online.
    Is the estate finished yet does anybody know?

Any other info much appreciated, shops/schools/public transport etc.

Broadfeild manor is far from unfinished. The amount of house's planned for there when we looked at it was unrealistic and two years later they have built only a couple of houses. Have a look at Peyton, made my mind up straight away when I decided to locate to Rathcoole. Since I moved in two years ago around 60 houses have being built and they are still building strong.

Plenty of shops Tesco/Spar and another one at start of village. Small Dunnes in saggart and larger Dunnes in City West. Primary school in centre of village and secondary at top of village. Bus to city centre on the hour outside of rush hour. Luas 20min brisk walk in Saggart. Four pubs to choose from. Poitin sil for food, Anvill in Saggart and LemonGrass in CityWest for Resturaunt. Hope this is any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The above post answers a fair bit fairly well.

Ive been living in Rathcoole over 6 years now and have family living here a long time as well the village itself has come a long way over the years. When i was a kid coming up here it was nothing much and before that when me father grew up around here it was even worse :pac:.

Its grown into a nice little village that has become a good area for many reasons.
    Its right beside Citywest which still remains a big industrial area. Its about a fifteenth minute drive from Tallaght. There is the Luas in Saggart which is walkable from the village. Its also not to far a drive from Naas which is also full of restaurants and pubs.

It has a good community of mostly very friendly people i have gotten to know plenty around the place and worked in the local Centra for a few years. You get that small town vibe without feeling your off in the middle of no where.

My youngest brother also goes to school up here he started half way threw primary and is currently in secondary and he has plenty of friends local and just out side of the area and has played for two football teams here to so there is plenty around for kids and young teens.

It has gotten alot quieter around here last couple years in the pubs etc but i think most places to a degree are similar.

Also Payton was mentioned ive family who own a property there and are renting and from what ive seen its a nice quite area of Rathcoole and is very central about a five minute walk from the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Thanks so much for the info, I work close by so have been in and out of Rathcoole a few times now, it's a lovely village.

We looked at Peyton but it's a little out of our budget unfortunately. Can I ask though zidewayz, are all the houses the same with 2 bedrooms on the first floor and 1 or 2 above? And is parking an issue in the estate? The newer houses looked like they could fit just one car in the driveway, with not much room on the road to park a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

Lynfo wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the info, I work close by so have been in and out of Rathcoole a few times now, it's a lovely village.

We looked at Peyton but it's a little out of our budget unfortunately. Can I ask though zidewayz, are all the houses the same with 2 bedrooms on the first floor and 1 or 2 above? And is parking an issue in the estate? The newer houses looked like they could fit just one car in the driveway, with not much room on the road to park a second.

The houses Have two bedrooms on first floor and either one or two up top. They are now also building two bed house along with the three bed town houses prices have come down for these as compared to the three/four bed semi d's. Not familiar with their layout but I would expect it to be similar across the board. The parking may look tight but as far as I'm aware there does not seem to be an issue with parking two cars per house.

Advertisement